Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-25-2013, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
They'll battle STL for last in the West.
I don't get the Arizona love. There are so many "well if this goes right and that goes right" scenarios with just individual players that haven't proven anything ever, or in a long time. Plus the defense has been revamped, one of their star players on defense is suspended the first four games, their coordinator is gone, and there is a new head coach in town. A ton of transition. I'm thinking they win 5 games.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:01 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu_22 View Post
Speaking of the Cards, rookie WR Ryan Swope retired before his career really started due to concussions: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...to-concussions
What a shame.
And thats why he fell like a rock. Its a shame because he looked pretty good. Teams are getting really serious about the concussion risks now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:26 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I don't get the Arizona love. There are so many "well if this goes right and that goes right" scenarios with just individual players that haven't proven anything ever, or in a long time. Plus the defense has been revamped, one of their star players on defense is suspended the first four games, their coordinator is gone, and there is a new head coach in town. A ton of transition. I'm thinking they win 5 games.
everyone has em picking top 5, what love are you talking about?
Old 07-25-2013, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
everyone has em picking top 5, what love are you talking about?
In terms of how their offense will be vastly improved, they still have a good defense, etc. I've heard it a few times here.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:08 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well Palmer is a massive upgrade over Skelton/Lindley

Cardinals were 4-0 or 4-1 with Kolb
Old 07-25-2013, 09:50 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vonta Leach is leaning towards resigning with the Ravens. I know a pure run blocking FB is limited but I still can't believe no one would pick him up.

Quote:
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
In terms of how their offense will be vastly improved, they still have a good defense, etc. I've heard it a few times here.
Just looking at their roster and having seen them play, I know Carson Palmer is going to elevate that offense a lot by himself, then you've got to think about Floyd and Housler coming into their own as second year players, the addition of Mendenhall and a couple of other running backs to compete and push each other, getting their line healthy and adding potentially the best lineman in the draft, and what you're looking at is a greatly-improved offense. Their defense was already pretty good last year. I'm not calling for a playoff run or anything, especially with the division they're in, but a 7-9 or 8-8 season sounds like about the right kind of expectation. I fully expect them to beat a couple teams next year who ultimately end up in the playoffs.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:08 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
Just looking at their roster and having seen them play, I know Carson Palmer is going to elevate that offense a lot by himself, then you've got to think about Floyd and Housler coming into their own as second year players, the addition of Mendenhall and a couple of other running backs to compete and push each other, getting their line healthy and adding potentially the best lineman in the draft, and what you're looking at is a greatly-improved offense. Their defense was already pretty good last year. I'm not calling for a playoff run or anything, especially with the division they're in, but a 7-9 or 8-8 season sounds like about the right kind of expectation. I fully expect them to beat a couple teams next year who ultimately end up in the playoffs.

I agree with all this. I saw Arizona play a few times, and stick around in games when it looked like they had a 10 year older playing QB. I think one game I saw was vs STL on Thursday night and it was embarassing. Carson sucks and has for awhile, but he at least understands how to play QB fundamentally and can manage a game with a respectable run game and good defense. Cincy for the tail end of his time there and Oakland never had those elements.

They still need some things to go in their favor, like young players breaking out, and Mendenhall being the old Mendy, but they should be around .500 on the year and come December I'd think they will still be in the mix.

Really I think the last place team in the NFC West is going to win 6-7 games, all their games should be competitive.

Quote:
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:45 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cardinals OL improved by signing Eric Winston to play RT and their pass rushing defense should improve with the signing of DE/OLB John Abraham who's expected to be a situational pass rusher.

With that being said, I still see the Cardinals being in last place in the NFC West. 4-12 is my prediction. Palmer should be better than every QB the Cardinals have had since Warner but he's not the long term answer. I think that he'll be one and done in Arizona with them finally getting their franchise QB in the next year's draft.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:42 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So you see them winning less games then last year? I'm nowhere near a Cardinals fan but I would be shocked if they won less then 5 games. They have 3 games I think they should win and they aren't going to go 0-6 in the division.

Quote:
Old 07-26-2013, 07:42 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cards are gonna be a real test for arians....he really wasnt a good playcaller and game planner with the steelers. I do not buy falling into Andrew Luck and "turning the colts around" as an arians success story but the cards will definitely show us what hes got.

I also think that division is pretty wide open, maybe not WIDE open but i think the niners and seahawks have become some of the most vastly overrated teams weve seen in a while. Wouldnt surprise me to see one of the slip up and either the rams or cards make a little noise

Palmer is a sitting duck back there but he can still throw a nice ball, fitz and floyd shold be a decent combo. Mendenhall and ryan williams should be ok behind a much improved oline, and there defense is still pretty good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:15 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Jets are going to be sneaky good this year. Not good as in 10-6, but I can see 8-8. They're not going to be a 2-14 team that most believe they will be.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:42 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets defense is probably going to be pretty good. Ellis, Coples, Richardson, and Wilkerson up front is ridiculous big and strong

I do think rex is a great coach....people hate when anyone has anything but a dry, politically correct, vague personality but i feel bad for him sanchez was such a hard miss

Quote:
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:44 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rex is a very underappreciated coach. He's a hell of a defensive mind. He doesn't know a lick about offense, but it's hard to look good on offense when your qb is Mark Sanchez.

He needs a good OC and a franchise qb and he can win a SB his way.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:57 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

All the Jets keep doing is drafting defense though. I love what Rex does on that side, and think he's a good Head Coach, but he's got start thinking more like a HC and not like a DC. Look at all the premium picks they have spent on the 3-4 defensive line, yet they still don't have a double digit sack guy. They are spending 1st and 2nd round picks on positions that you can usually slot in JAGS.

They don't have any WR's or TE right now, or play-makers. Maybe they were gonna take Austin not sure, but things aren't going to change unless you inject some talent on that side of the ball and stop spending top 15 picks on 3-4 DE's and NT's.

Quote:
Old 07-26-2013, 09:13 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
All the Jets keep doing is drafting defense though. I love what Rex does on that side, and think he's a good Head Coach, but he's got start thinking more like a HC and not like a DC. Look at all the premium picks they have spent on the 3-4 defensive line, yet they still don't have a double digit sack guy. They are spending 1st and 2nd round picks on positions that you can usually slot in JAGS.

They don't have any WR's or TE right now, or play-makers. Maybe they were gonna take Austin not sure, but things aren't going to change unless you inject some talent on that side of the ball and stop spending top 15 picks on 3-4 DE's and NT's.
To be fair, I think the 2 guys they took on defense this year were BPA on the board where they picked them.

I expect more 4 man fronts with Coples playing an edge role as well.

And this was a weak WR draft as well. I also think the WRs and TEs will look a lot better when they get a legit qb throwing them the ball. We see it all the time. We perceive a lack of weapons but then a good qb comes in and instantly makes those weapons look better.

They're not a perfect team by any stretch, which is why I see 8-8 as their ceiling, but I don't think they're as terrible as we think either. The OL is decent, they'll have a good run game with Ivory. I think Geno is an upgrade at qb.

The defense will be very good. It's not a terrible team.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:21 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

I dont really think rex has had much say in the draft since hes been there...i remember on hard knocks they told him he gets one pick that he could make his own and he took that FB john Connor

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:48 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jets are going to be bad. There are huge talent deficiencies at QB, RB, WR, TE, G, LB, and S. Their elite core type talent is Wilkerson, Mangold, Ferguson, and Cromartie. That's not a group that is going to win you a lot of games. Their depth is still pretty awful.

That being said I didn't hate a lot of their offseason moves (besides the big one), but that is absolutely going to be a bad team next year.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:13 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't see it with the Jets. I know better than to proclaim them a basement team in our division but I'm just not impressed by the roster or much of anything that I've seen carrying over from last year. I think they did alright with their picks, I just don't foresee an impressive or altogether effective product on the field this year.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:50 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jets will win four games.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They could get a spark from starting Geno and Ivory will run hard for them. Their WRs and TEs leave so much to be desired though. Defense has a lot of nice pieces but the offense won't be able to keep them off the field. Need that stud rush lb.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Scotty D : 07-26-2013 at 11:03 AM.
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:24 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Kearly is a solid slot WR. Holmes is still a very good WR. Hill has potential. Braylon isn't terrible, he's just ***.

The weapons aren't as bad as people think. The qb is just awful. Put a good qb back there and those weapons don't look as bad.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:00 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would really like to like Rex Ryan. I just wish he would shut his cakehole and go take care of his business. Granted, I live on the west coast so I am sure there is a lot to him that I don't see. But from my point of view, every day on NFLN there is some story about the Jets and Rex Ryan, and he regularly gets up on some podium with his big bully speech. And then his teams go lay eggs for him. I don't get it
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:48 AM    (permalink
bam bam
Veteran

bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
The Jets will win four games.
Thou shalt win games to the number four, no more, no less. Four shall be the number thou shalt win, and the number of the winning shall be four. Five shalt thou not win, neither win thou three, excepting that thou then proceed to four. Six is right out.
bam bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:37 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Graham currently running as a 2nd teamer

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5756
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote