Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 07-28-2013, 08:06 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When I was in college to even think of going to a rival school's frat party as an athlete and people KNOW who you are is IMO looking for trouble, like you secretly hope some drunk idiot takes a swing at you so you can curb stomp them.

This really could have ended up much, much worse.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:13 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who ******* cares
Old 07-29-2013, 09:38 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's pretty obvious to me that Manziel is living the lifestyle of an arrogant rich kid who knows he's gonna be fine regardless of what he does bc he's gonna be rich no matter what.

Doesn't sound like a guy I want on my football team to be honest, and I'm pretty sure at this point he doesn't really care much for the NFL anyway.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:01 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
I see all these fans criticizing Jonny Manziel for partying at 20 and saying it's "against the law". Question to all of you: When you were underrage, how many drank? How many partied hard? I can tell you I did. However, as I got older, more towards graduation, I matured and became more responsible each year.

The kid is 20 years old for heaven's sakes. My brother is a prime example. I watched him at 20, partied ridiculously hard, said he would do stupid stuff and drank 4 times a week in college. He's 22 now. What does he do? He;ll have afew beers on the weekends after work.

A lot of growing up goes on as you progress. He's 20. Let him live his young yeears because they are fun.,
Just seen this now.

Guys who have serious aspirations to play in the NFL can't be judged on the same criteria as "regular" people, especially QBs.

Going to college is a job interview for them, not a time to party and **** about. If I am going to investing millions of dollars in someone then they better be as safe an investment as possible.

If I am in college and am being headhunted for a high pressured, high paid job straight out of college you know that company is going to vet me, both in terms of my work but also my lifestyle.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Who ******* cares
"I care way too much about the NFL, so obviously he should act how I think he should act."

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:03 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Who ******* cares
ESPN is practically begging people to care, and for some reason we're giving in. :/
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Just seen this now.

Guys who have serious aspirations to play in the NFL can't be judged on the same criteria as "regular" people, especially QBs.

Going to college is a job interview for them, not a time to party and **** about. If I am going to investing millions of dollars in someone then they better be as safe an investment as possible.

If I am in college and am being headhunted for a high pressured, high paid job straight out of college you know that company is going to vet me, both in terms of my work but also my lifestyle.
Yes and no.

I do think it is a job interview, of sorts, but at the end of the day they're going to look past your flaws if you're the best accountant available. It's just the way it is.
Miaoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:00 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/...-espn-magazine

Seems even his family is a bit worried.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:25 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's going to be one of the most talked about draft prospects ever. I can just see it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And the worst part is: He's not even good. This is Tebow all over again. But he's like the Anti-Tebow.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
And the worst part is: He's not even good. This is Tebow all over again. But he's like the Anti-Tebow.
No. Not even close. Please actually watch him play and come back to us.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:32 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
No. Not even close. Please actually watch him play and come back to us.
180 lb 5 9" quarterbacks don't work in the NFL bro.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:37 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know he's not 5-9. He's probably about 6-0.

And he's 20 years old. If he truly wants to gain muscle he will. He's more than 180 pounds but he's probably light for an NFL QB right now.

Another full season and then an offseason of training, and he'll fill out just fine. Look at RGIII's body now compared to his early years at Baylor.

But the Tebow comparison stops and ends with the amount of media coverage they've received + SEC.

His arm is 1000 times better in every way imaginable. Watch any game and you will see.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I'm not comparing him to Tebow talent wise. I was talking about the media coverage for a mid round draft prospect.

Manziel is shorter than Wilson. There are pictures of the 2 standing next to each other and Manziel is shorter than him. And he's lanky. If he was serious about bulking up you would have saw some progress already. But we didn't. Bc he doesn't care.

If he was thick like Wilson sure maybe I can buy into it. But he's not, and he's shorter. And he isn't half the passer that Wilson is in the pocket. He won't work in the NFL.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Frankly, I'm getting real tired of hearing about him now. Everyday something.

He is not in the NFL yet, I don't think he'll be a good QB in the NFL, and I'm just tired of hearing about 20 year old non stop.

I'm talking everything too not just the media coverage, but his comments as well because clearly he does like the attention no matter how much he says he is just living his life.

Just go away until the season starts.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:22 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manziel and Wilson are both short QBs, but I doubt Manziel is SHORTER than Wilson(5'10 5/8).

All reports I've read say Manziel is up to 210#. Russell Wilson was 204# at the combine in 2012.

For those who think Johnny Football is slacking, read this;
http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/05...s-working.html

I think he's got 'it' as a pure football player. The only real negative I have about him is maturity.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:30 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
You know he's not 5-9. He's probably about 6-0.

And he's 20 years old. If he truly wants to gain muscle he will. He's more than 180 pounds but he's probably light for an NFL QB right now.

Another full season and then an offseason of training, and he'll fill out just fine. Look at RGIII's body now compared to his early years at Baylor.

But the Tebow comparison stops and ends with the amount of media coverage they've received + SEC.

His arm is 1000 times better in every way imaginable. Watch any game and you will see.
Another thing you may have forgot to mention in this thread is that he's 20 years old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Ok for arguments sake, let's say he's all those things. He's bigger, stronger, etc.

It doesn't concern you that he acts exactly like Ryan Leaf? That doesn't worry you?
Old 07-30-2013, 03:04 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Ok for arguments sake, let's say he's all those things. He's bigger, stronger, etc.

It doesn't concern you that he acts exactly like Ryan Leaf? That doesn't worry you?

Apparently Ryan Leaf was a total F_ UP in every sense of the word at Washington State.
Manziel is an academically talented kid, doesn't have a substance abuse problem and isn't getting into barfights every other weekend.

Maybe he drinks a little too much for my tastes, but comparing him to Ryan Leaf off the field isn't fair or accurate.

I think Manziel is probably a little cocky and will get into it verbally with you if you come at him. But I don't think he's an ass.

Like I said, I'm more concerned about his height and arm strength.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:56 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Apparently Ryan Leaf was a total F_ UP in every sense of the word at Washington State.
Manziel is an academically talented kid, doesn't have a substance abuse problem and isn't getting into barfights every other weekend.

Maybe he drinks a little too much for my tastes, but comparing him to Ryan Leaf off the field isn't fair or accurate.

I think Manziel is probably a little cocky and will get into it verbally with you if you come at him. But I don't think he's an ass.

Like I said, I'm more concerned about his height and arm strength.
Manziel is taking all online classes (I wouldn't exactly call that challenging himself academically), got booted from a QB camp because he missed meetings due to a hangover (some people might call that a sign of substance abuse), started (but later quit) counseling for his drinking, has gotten in fights at/outside of bars, and has shown a little bit of a temper based on some of his twitter outbursts. Not saying he IS Ryan Leaf off the field, but the comparison isn't too crazy based on his actions so far.

He is only 20 though, so I guess none of that matters since he's just a kid making mistakes that everybody makes.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thing with Johnny is people expect a little higher level of maturity from a QB. If he were a corner not sure it's even threadworthy.

I actually could see Johnny at cb if he doesn't make it at QB. Ideal size and great quickness. You'd have to think he'd know what the QB was thinking too, maybe.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Cudders
Rookie

Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fair or unfair, the NFL cares. Manziel isnít measured against a regular college kid. A regular college kid isnít a national superstar with an imminent, multi-million dollar future and isnít promised a public, high-pressure job. Regular college kids arenít showing up to casinos with wads of cash and acting like high-rollers. Arenít going to Toronto just to hang out with a famous rapper and his crew. Arenít catching private jets to red carpet award shows in Los Angeles. Arenít grabbing courtside seats to NBA games and rubbing elbows with LeBron and Wade.

Again, fair or unfair, his benchmark is Andrew Luck and RGIII and (to a media extent) Tim Tebow. Kids that were perceived to handle their collegiate superstardom. No teams wants to pick up a well-circulated magazine and see an on-the-record interview with a prospectís parents about their deep-seated concerns that their son is losing perspective. Or read about his drastic change in demeanor. Or read about his need for an alcohol counselor. Or read about his visits to see a therapist and then his decision to stop seeing said therapist. Thatís a double-edged sword on its own. First, thereís the negative connotation of therapists in NFL circles. And then thereís the conscious decision to stop seeking treatment. Is he coachable? Is he able to handle criticism? Is he more concerned about being famous than football? Is the NFL just going to accelerate all of these patterns? NFL teams will ask those questions.

Now, if Manziel comes out and dominates college football again, and improves all of the aspects of his game that could use it, then the above doesnít matter as much. Heís a potential franchise quarterback with spontaneous genius. Those get drafted high. But his off-field behavior isnít going to convince any teams that are already skeptical of his on-field abilities.
Cudders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:44 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ome-unraveled/

I wonder how much of this is a dad worrying about his son and how much of it is founded in something real.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait. My father talks to the national media and says how I've got anger issues, a drinking problem and I might snap? ....And he doesn't know where the anger comes from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The season can't begin soon enough for this guy. He's a trainwreak.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote