Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

View Poll Results: What should we do?
Trade up 7 50.00%
Trade down 1 7.14%
Stay 6 42.86%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-24-2007, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rod View Post
Yep, definitely odds against Landry being there at #8, right now.

My ideal board:

1. Joe Thomas at #5 (for 3rd and 4th in 2007)
2. Laron Landry at #8
3. Calvin Johnson at #2 (for 2nd in 2007 and 2008, 4th in 2007)
4. Levi Brown at #8
5. Amobi Okoye at #8

Interestingly, Mel Kiper, in his latest insider article, agrees that Brown has massively closed the gap on Thomas, is rated ahead of him by some people, and will definitely go by #10 at the latest.
I like your top-5. Here is mine;

1. Calvin Johnson at #2 (for 2nd in 2007 and 2008, 4th in 2007)
2. Joe Thomas at #5 (for 3rd and 4th in 2007)
3. Laron Landry at #8
4. Levi Brown at #8
5. Adrian Peterson at #8

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I Am So Excited!!!!
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
I Am So Excited!!!!
Why? Just because you like our options? Or have you heard something new?

Old 04-24-2007, 06:06 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm officially on the move on up bandwagon. CJ could propel Vick to MVP-like stats, no RE would touch Vick with Thomas, and Laron would give us 2 hard hitting safteys, and a defensive backfield where 3/4 of the guys can run under 4.4s.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I'm officially on the move on up bandwagon. CJ could propel Vick to MVP-like stats, no RE would touch Vick with Thomas, and Laron would give us 2 hard hitting safteys, and a defensive backfield where 3/4 of the guys can run under 4.4s.

I think we are all in agreement. We have the picks, let's make a splash and add a elite player at a position of need.

Old 04-24-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think moving up for CJ is a bit much - heck, I'm looking forward to seeing how Jenkins and White progress as they've gained more experience and now have a tutor in Horn - but I certainly couldn't fault the Falcons for moving up a few spots for either Joe Thomas, Laron Landry, or Adrian Peterson. I'd sooner applaud them, if anything.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All of a sudden, I am up for trading up. As long as it is the right price, I think trading up for Calvin Johnson, Joe Thomas, or Laron Landry isnt a bad idea. There guys look like cant miss prospects (not Thomas though...but no OT is a cant miss prospect).

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Uh oh; PFT predicted Atlanta trades for Calvin Johnson. Knowing PFT, that means it's not going to happen.

Old 04-24-2007, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be fair, they do say it's their guess at the moment.

But that would be the best course of action, regardless. ;)
Old 04-25-2007, 02:04 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Uh oh; PFT predicted Atlanta trades for Calvin Johnson. Knowing PFT, that means it's not going to happen.
Uh-oh? Does that mean you are down with trading up for Calvin Johnson?

Someone opinion has changed.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 04-25-2007, 02:07 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Uh-oh? Does that mean you are down with trading up for Calvin Johnson?

Someone opinion has changed.
Yeah, it has. I've opened up to it, the past couple of weeks actually.

Old 04-25-2007, 07:47 AM    (permalink
L()MightyMouse()J

Quote:
Here is the deal I thought of, that might work;

'08 2nd round pick (Houston)
I would do this deal in a heartbeat.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:54 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah, it has. I've opened up to it, the past couple of weeks actually.
Nice.

The suspense of the draft is killing me. I seriously cant take it anymore.

Old 04-25-2007, 11:02 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Nice.

The suspense of the draft is killing me. I seriously cant take it anymore.
And I've just realised that I'm going to be at my cousin's wedding all of saturday and most of sunday. Grr... I'm going to have to get the girlfriend to text me our picks as they happen.