Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-15-2013, 03:24 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
So did the kid/dad actually say it was because they jumped on his bed? If so, I hope the cops just laughed at them.

Also the problem now is you can't really make that kid (the complainer) run or something for being a little *****. I would "punish" the other kid/kids and in turn hope that they make his life hell for it.
The kids that were in the room with him said the kid started jumping on the bed trying to wake him up and trying to wrestle him, then he got up and started shoving him because he was threatened. Went downstairs started crying, called his dad and then claimed that two more players threatened to beat him up down there. Both kids said they tried to go down and calm him down, when he was the one who turned into an asshole.

This kid is 18 years old. You could tell the cop was a little annoyed, as would I. I really hope this kid just ****** quits, hes been nothing but a headache all year along with his parents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:49 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya, see that sucks because you can't really do anything about it. You can't punish him really, unless he's not very bright and doesn't connect the dots. I guess you can bench him, unless he already never plays then you're just SOL.

Institute mandatory wake ups by bed jumping for the team.

I don't understand how anyone over the age of 14 (really like 12, but whatever) go to their parents with stupid problems. At least go to the coach first. But that still doesn't come close to being as bad as the dad calling the police. At least you understand why this kid is the way he is.

So what did the dad say when you were brought in? Was he also blaming you?

Last edited by iowatreat54 : 07-15-2013 at 03:51 PM.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:00 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
So what did the dad say when you were brought in? Was he also blaming you?
The dad started screaming at me and the other coach asking "How did you guys let it get this bad?!" "Why is my son the one who has to take all of this?" then he tells me that they are taking him to their hotel and they won't go into the room to grab his things unless I was there because they thought the players would jump him and all this crap. I said first off your kid doesn't really try to fit in, hes a little prick most of the time and he over exaggerates everything.

Like you said, the kid is 18 years old and hes telling his parents instead of just telling us, I could easily go in there and tell em to stop messing with him and they would likely listen. Call the ******* cops? Really?

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 07-15-2013, 04:36 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow an 18 year old did that. boy just needs to grow up.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:41 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The team should **** him up in the parking lot.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:15 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
The team should **** him up in the parking lot.
I'm really, really surprised that they haven't yet to be honest.

Quote:
Old 07-15-2013, 11:08 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

when you buy something and a few weeks later the price drops like crazy.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:31 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That kid, (well, he's more of a grown ass man than a kid now) is a little *****.

I'd suggest
Old 07-15-2013, 11:53 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

He really is, the kid has already gone bald...so he is no longer a little kid. He is a man, and acts like a little ***** ALL the time. Part of me wants to run him till he pukes and just make him quit.

Quote:
Old 07-15-2013, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
He really is, the kid has already gone bald...so he is no longer a little kid. He is a man, and acts like a little ***** ALL the time. Part of me wants to run him till he pukes and just make him quit.
after this incident I cant see how he fits on the team. no way to remove him after that stunt?

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:17 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
after this incident I cant see how he fits on the team. no way to remove him after that stunt?
Not that I can see, I would love him to quit...but all I can really say is to tell the kids to leave him be regardless of if they actually did anything to harm him. The rest of the season can be a non issue or they will absolutely make this kid's life hell.

Quote:
Old 07-16-2013, 01:42 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, let me say that no one needs to feel "ok" with being treated in a manner they do not appreciate. What gets under your skin is that this kid "jumped the chain" so to speak and now you feel as if there is an element that feels you may not have full control of your kids. Anyone who knows the true details of the situation knows that is false, however.

What is even worse is that if you treat this kid any different or allow others to take revenge via acts of commission or omission by you or them, you are guilty of allowing "bullying" or even being a "bully" yourself.
As a teacher and a coach, I have dealt with this in more ways than I care to, but one fact remains and there really is no getting around it - a real "adult", "coach", "mentor" acts selflessly in finding a way help kids overcome their problems and issues.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Last edited by CJSchneider : 07-16-2013 at 01:46 AM.
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:06 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One way around that is to enact a team "code of conduct" policy to stamp out the kids behaviour of going outside the chain. Make it a team rule that if there are any problems the captains or coaches are to be the first point of call always. Best is to have the chain in place where captains are told and if not addressed then coaches are involved.

The positive is that if the kid tries something like this again you have grounds to punish him (you can have the punishments laid out if you want to make it crystal clear) but also you are addressing the "problem".

The other option of course is to punish the whole team for "an incident last night" with something like suicides or some other harsh type of running and then go straight into whatever your standard full contact drill that gives everyone a chance to hit someone is and let the players take out their frustration on him (can be sure he gets hit a bit harder than normal as the rest of the team will blame him for the incident, snitches get stitches and all that) but you aren't punishing him. Not sure this one is still acceptable in this world we now live in, unfortunately, but if it is it generally does the trick.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:09 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
One way around that is to enact a team "code of conduct" policy to stamp out the kids behaviour of going outside the chain. (1) Make it a team rule that if there are any problems the captains or coaches are to be the first point of call always. Best is to have the chain in place where captains are told and if not addressed then coaches are involved.

The positive is that if the kid tries something like this again you have grounds to punish him (you can have the punishments laid out if you want to make it crystal clear) but also you are addressing the "problem".

The other option of course is to punish the whole team for "an incident last night" with something like suicides or some other harsh type of running (2) and then go straight into whatever your standard full contact drill that gives everyone a chance to hit someone is and let the players take out their frustration on him (can be sure he gets hit a bit harder than normal as the rest of the team will blame him for the incident, snitches get stitches and all that) but you aren't punishing him. (3) Not sure this one is still acceptable in this world we now live in, unfortunately, but if it is it generally does the trick.
(1) No way will any administrator or league official go for the idea that a kid has to report to another kid first in an incident like this. You can request that kids come tell you first, but there is no way you can support punishing a kid if he decides to tell another adult before the coach. All the kid has to say is other incidents have been swept under the rug or that the system fosters retaliation, so he told his parents first (see item 2).

(2) In that situation, you just gave numerous kids a chance to take a cheap shot on another kid. What if kid 1 gets hurt via an unsafe act. You then have to punish kid 2. If you don't you are enabling unsafe behavior and you have x number of witnesses.

(3) Years ago this may have been an acceptable means of managing your team and "toughening up their character". I find it odd that in numerous situations we find that the old way of doing things was better, as if the past was some golden era of maturity and morality. What I suggest, from experience, is that you sit your players down and talk to them about respect. Tell them that as men we have a strong desire for respect, but in our youth we make a serious mistake. We end up thinking that playfulness and hazing, even if it is as mild as jumping on a bed, yields respect from our peers. Tell them that an even better way of earning respect is to be respectful of others in all cases. Be someone that deserves respect because their character is truly above reproach. Set an atmosphere that is so anti-bullying/hazing/etc, that they see you are serious about their character just as much as their play on the field.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

We are having a team talk today before we head to our game. We are giving the kid an opportunity to talk to the team if he wants to (I really don't know if he will or not, can't get a good read on the kid). It's going to be an interesting rest of the summer. We have to go on the road two more times, I mean do I have to get this kid his own hotel room so his parents get off my ass and so I don't have to worry about him getting his ass kicked? Like I have seen kids who take **** on baseball teams, and eventually they just kinda keep their mouth shut so that they don't give em a reason to come after em, but this kid brings it upon himself.

I told him the other night basically, don't be a little prick all the time and these guys would leave you alone. You play hard and keep your mouth shut, and they could care less about what it is you are doing. I don't know, this is the first situation like this I've ever been apart of.

Quote:
Old 07-16-2013, 02:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think he needs to get his ass kicked by the rest of the team. That's the best way to straighten him out. Either he quits or gets in line. Either way, problem solved.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
when you buy something and a few weeks later the price drops like crazy.
Bought my car with a 3 year warranty and literally one month later GM went to 5 years on that model. Thankfully i didn't need anything major but that was bad timing on my part.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two things from today...

1. People that wait until the very last minute to step off the escalator. I don't know why, but it bugs me. Usually I walk up the escalator, but even if I'm standing, I still take the last step and a half to two steps, I don't wait until I'm inches away before moving. It's probably just me, but it really just irritates me.

2. The middle aged business men I see that dig through recycling bins to pull out newspapers. I work in the office building where the bottom floor is the train station and every morning coming into work I see men obviously dressed to go to work get off the train, stop and dig through the recycling bins to pull out newspapers. Like you seriously can't spend $1 when you want a paper? If I ever see anyone I know do that, I'm punching them right in the throat.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:57 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Bought my car with a 3 year warranty and literally one month later GM went to 5 years on that model. Thankfully i didn't need anything major but that was bad timing on my part.
Kind of similar to this, but I bought my laptop back in aught five to go to college. It came with either a 4 or 5 year warranty, but basically to last all of college. In that time, I maybe had one thing go wrong. Sure enough the month after the warranty expires, the connection from the charger to the mother board ***** up, my battery dies, and other random **** just starts going wrong.

Even better is that I called Dell and when I was talking to the customer service person, once they realized my warranty was up they refused to help. I told them I understand it's not under warranty and I will have to pay, but was calling to see if they could help identify the problem(s) since, you know, it's a Dell. Nope, wouldn't even discuss what the issues were and even possible causes because I didn't have a warranty. Biggest ******** I've ever heard and one of the reasons I won't be buying a Dell for a long, long time.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:59 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

The Bulls.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:24 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Well, let me say that no one needs to feel "ok" with being treated in a manner they do not appreciate. What gets under your skin is that this kid "jumped the chain" so to speak and now you feel as if there is an element that feels you may not have full control of your kids. Anyone who knows the true details of the situation knows that is false, however.

What is even worse is that if you treat this kid any different or allow others to take revenge via acts of commission or omission by you or them, you are guilty of allowing "bullying" or even being a "bully" yourself.
As a teacher and a coach, I have dealt with this in more ways than I care to, but one fact remains and there really is no getting around it - a real "adult", "coach", "mentor" acts selflessly in finding a way help kids overcome their problems and issues.
Sadly, I cannot rep this, but I could if I would.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That i didn't buy more Facebook stock.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Early morning meetings with Asia. Seriously. I might as well just move there, dammit.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:35 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Early morning meetings with Asia. Seriously. I might as well just move there, dammit.
I know that feel. I used to have to do morning meetings with Israel and it was awful.

Now I do morning meetings with Switzerland. Not quite Asia, but when you have to be in the office by 6am anyway, it sucks regardless.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's okay, I'm sure it will pay off. I'll be over there soon enough and then come back in 2 years and be a baws.