Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-04-2013, 09:38 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bulaga hurt his knee. Potentially serious.

Quote:
#Packers LT Bryan Bulaga suffered knee injury Saturday night. According to sources, team hoping for best, fearing the worst.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:50 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Bulaga hurt his knee. Potentially serious.
Not pleasant news.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:09 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WTF are you serious?
I worried about his hip... but remember he hurt his knee 2 years ago too...

WTF...
Old 08-04-2013, 11:26 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PFT reporting that it is indeed a torn ACL

ffs this team can't ever go a year without season endign injuries to key players. Only took a little over a week before they lost Bulaga for the year and Tramon looking like he's "out" for all of preseason

This is a huge blow to the OL. Losing Bulaga creates such a big domino effect across the whole line. Newhouse likely shifts back to starting LT, right? Not good...and the depth takes another hit
Old 08-05-2013, 07:29 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is more fuckingreason why I try not to even get excited by anything until the season is well under way....

Example:
Packers running game should be much improved by adding 2 key RB's in the draft.

Reality:
Let's see if they make it to the season, thru the season, without getting hurt and going on IR.

Example:
Packers OL should be improved as they flip-flopped the good guys to the left side.
Reality: We are seeing it, again.

If there was an NFL injury God, I would .... send him..... to Pakistan. I can't think of anywhere worse.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:19 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

injuries will happen, it just sucks that seemingly every year the Packers lose like 2-3 of the top 6-7 players that they really can't afford to lose. Bulaga was one of those guys they really couldn't afford to lose. I expect Newhouse to shift back to LT because of his "experience", but man, sucks to have him as the starter there for another year

The Sherrod injury from 2 years ago is still hurting them, especially now with Bulaga done
Old 08-05-2013, 12:02 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I expect Bakhtiari to play left tackle and Barclay at right...David has more size and better mobility than Newhouse, who we've seen be pedestrian as a left tackle

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:27 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Yep. Bob McGinn wrote today that the Packers are going to give Bak a real shot at the LT job. He's been great in camp thus far and was already getting reps with the 1's at RT....hopefully he is the real deal

I'd like to see Bak/Barclay at LT/RT as well
Old 08-05-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For reference, this is how I'd list the most important (not necessarily best) players on both sides of the ball.

Offense;
1. Rodgers
2. Bulaga
3. Cobb

Defense;
1. Matthews
2. Heyward
3. Datone
(Also, it makes me sad that our once talent filled defense now has a second year player and rookie as arguably two of our most important players; sure you could argue Raji or Burnett but my arguments for Heyward and Datone would be just as strong.)

So that's one of our 6 most important players down. Let's see how many more make it to the actual season.

I think you have to predict Bahktiari at LT. And I think that will be painful. He has potential there but there were times at Colorado that he got destroyed in pass pro.. imagine when he goes up against elite NFL pass rushers. I think they like Newhouse better at RT and really, he has the same problems Bahktiari would at LT except his upside/ability to learn and adapt is much lower so why not go with the guy that has long-term potential? At this point, you can't count on Bulaga to stay healthy.

I agree that Bak/Barclay is the best LT/RT combo. Newhouse can at least be an adequate backup at both spots, whereas I don't think Barclay can ever play LT.

This is such a bummer. So much for an improved OLine.

This makes the improved running game and faster throws by Rodgers all the more critical.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Last edited by Sportsfan486 : 08-05-2013 at 12:32 PM.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:07 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Yep. Bob McGinn wrote today that the Packers are going to give Bak a real shot at the LT job. He's been great in camp thus far and was already getting reps with the 1's at RT....hopefully he is the real deal

I'd like to see Bak/Barclay at LT/RT as well
Bak & Barc sounds like a law firm haha....they're more of a protection service though

Old 08-05-2013, 05:08 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And we just signed Vince Young......
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:17 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
For reference, this is how I'd list the most important (not necessarily best) players on both sides of the ball.

Offense;
1. Rodgers
2. Bulaga
3. Cobb

Defense;
1. Matthews
2. Heyward
3. Datone
(Also, it makes me sad that our once talent filled defense now has a second year player and rookie as arguably two of our most important players; sure you could argue Raji or Burnett but my arguments for Heyward and Datone would be just as strong.)

So that's one of our 6 most important players down. Let's see how many more make it to the actual season.

I think you have to predict Bahktiari at LT. And I think that will be painful. He has potential there but there were times at Colorado that he got destroyed in pass pro.. imagine when he goes up against elite NFL pass rushers. I think they like Newhouse better at RT and really, he has the same problems Bahktiari would at LT except his upside/ability to learn and adapt is much lower so why not go with the guy that has long-term potential? At this point, you can't count on Bulaga to stay healthy.

I agree that Bak/Barclay is the best LT/RT combo. Newhouse can at least be an adequate backup at both spots, whereas I don't think Barclay can ever play LT.

This is such a bummer. So much for an improved OLine.

This makes the improved running game and faster throws by Rodgers all the more critical.
If there ever was time for a season ending injury, now was the time. Bulaga going down really hurts, but I think it hurts Bulaga more than the Packers Offense. I was a huge supporter of the Bakhtiari pick; if he had an inch more of height and 10 more pounds to his frame, he easily would have been a first round pick. I think the Pack need to run with Bak as the LT, let him figure it out during preseason, and build chemistry with Sitton. He has 4 preseason games to work out the kinks, and going against Nick Perry, CM3 week in and week out should really help.

If we lose another OL though, I will be very worried.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:19 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gonna miss Graham Harrell. When he's your backup QB there's constant adrenaline from the fear of him having to come into the game.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:23 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Vince Young blows but whatever, Harrell sucks too and Coleman is nowhere near ready

as is the case with most teams with elite QB's....if they get hurt, season is going down the crapper anyway
Old 08-05-2013, 05:46 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
And we just signed Vince Young......
Here's what I was thinking earlier about VY when I heard Bulaga went down. He replicates Rodgers' style a lot better and to a greater capacity than the backups now so if nothing else he should be a solid punching bag for defenses while this OL tries to mesh in the preseason.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:02 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Vince Young, despite some of his question marks as a pocket passer, has led a team in the post season and that's far more than Graham and BJ can say. I think the team recognizes with Bulaga's injury, they need a QB with more mobility backing up Aaron.

Old 08-05-2013, 08:12 PM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bulaga is obviously a huge loss. I think Newhouse ends up with the starting LT job. IMO it's important to put someone with starting experience there this year if you are talking about Rodger's blind side.

I think one thing that is a little overlooked is that an improved run game would help out Newhouse significantly. If their d-line isn't able to just pin their ears back and speed rush 3 downs (like was evident in the Seattle game), it takes a lot of pressure off the tackles. Keeping the line, especially the ends, honest to the run could help minimize this loss.

Once again, not saying this isn't a huge loss for us. Just saying the run game can help mask this problem.

Sig by BoneKrusher
roughrider30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:31 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Does Newhouse do a good enough job in run blocking to help support the run game and validate placing his pedestrian ability at left tackle?

Old 08-05-2013, 08:52 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Does Newhouse do a good enough job in run blocking to help support the run game and validate placing his pedestrian ability at left tackle?
Nope, just like old Clifton.
Difference was Clifton was a good pass protector, whereas Newhouse lets guys kill Rodgers, and kill the opposing RT (Sherrod).

Here's the problem: Some of us have talked ourselves into thinking Bahk or Newhouse are good enough.... or Barclay (I like Barc at RT), but here's the thing: we haven't even gotten to a PREseason game. You know damn well there will be plenty more injuries for us. You know it.

Depth has already been severely compromised here as LT is the most important OL position for a team like ours.... plus the obvious downgrade in the starting lineup.

If there was a Football Injury God, I would choke him with my bare hands. Why we so cursed?

Rodgers should have had a great OL for his career with Teddy using back-to-back 1st Rd picks on solid OTs in 2010 & 2011.

Instead, he keeps having to play behind patchwork garbage because of the injuriez.
We're sick of reading, hearing about it.... it has to stop for a few years.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:12 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

2012 left tackle Marshall Newhouse didn’t help matters by allowing 9.5 sacks, 11.5 hits and hurries, and racking up 22 total blown blocks. Newhouse was smartly moved to the right tackle spot for the 2013 campaign – but what were the Packers to do about their obvious pass-protection issues?
Old 08-06-2013, 11:20 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Randall Cobb suffered a shoulder injury in practice this morning

Old 08-06-2013, 11:23 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Oh cool Jordy Nelson had a procedure/surgery done on his knee and is now out for all of training camp and is "hopeful" to return for Week 1 - aka he's definitely not playing week 1 at least

Last edited by BloodBrother : 08-06-2013 at 11:26 AM.
BloodBrother is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:28 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Jordy & Cobb...... nice.

Are our guys just softer than the rest of the league?
Has to be the cheese diet.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Apparently it's a biceps injury for Cobb, not a shoulder injury

As for Jordy

Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 8m

Jordy Nelson underwent knee surgery Monday. Expected to be sidelined 4-to-6 weeks but doctors expect him to be ready for opener.
Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 4m

Doctors tried correcting nerve issue in Jordy Nelson’s knee that has bothered him since college. Knee flared up at beginning of camp.
When MM talks about injuries and timetables, I tend to panic...so it's good to hear from an outside voice about the timetable.

Last edited by BloodBrother : 08-06-2013 at 11:56 AM.
BloodBrother is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking for a silver lining. Going to get a really good look at all of these young WRs. We'll see if Boykin is ready to step up.