Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-07-2013, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Lil Quip
Rookie

Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I'm excited, but I don't know how many of these similar murder/detective shows I can watch at once.

Probably won't start it until The Bridge is done with its first season.
The advantage is that it is a British show. They wrap up their shows in a couple of seasons almost to a fault. Plus the only season so far is not 22 or 13 eps, it is only 8.

I have heard a few mixed reviews but I am excited to check it out.
Lil Quip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:32 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got Netflix a few days ago and I need some more shows to put into my rotation.

So far i've got:

House of Cards - Meh on the first episode, loved the second.
Luther - Awesome if not just for Idris Elba.
Breaking Bad - Love where it's going mid-way through season 2.
Arrested Development - Didn't expect much but i find it hilarious.
Archer - Re-watching it because sterling archer is amazing.
White Collar - The chemistry between Bomer and the other guy is gold
Modern Family - Re-watching just for Phil.

What do i need to watch?!

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Breaking Bad, easily. Catch up before the end of the series. Final 8 episodes begin Sunday.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:04 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't love it enough to neglect everything else. I think I went into it with my expectations too high, just because of how much everyone loves it. It's a great show, though.

RIP themaninblack
Old 08-08-2013, 10:11 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post

Mad Men, Sons of Anarchy, Lost, Prison Break are probably the big 4 that come to mind. Walking Dead would be up there as well, but they only have like the first two season on netflix, so i'd advise to wait until the get more on
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:02 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

So far i've got:

House of Cards - Meh on the first episode, loved the second. Worthless show.
Luther - Awesome if not just for Idris Elba. Awesome
Breaking Bad - Love where it's going mid-way through season 2. Best show on TV
Arrested Development - Didn't expect much but i find it hilarious. WATCH THIS
Archer - Re-watching it because sterling archer is amazing.Rewatching before finishing Breaking Bad or Arrested Development? Step your game up son.
White Collar - The chemistry between Bomer and the other guy is gold Acceptable
Modern Family - Re-watching just for Phil.Again, a rewatch before Breaking Bad? CMON SON.

Also watch Parks and Rec, but first finish Breaking Bad like a god damn gentleman. And then watch Parks and Rec. And then Arrested Development. The rest can wait.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:19 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Mad Men, Sons of Anarchy, Lost, Prison Break are probably the big 4 that come to mind. Walking Dead would be up there as well, but they only have like the first two season on netflix, so i'd advise to wait until the get more on
Mad Men is on Netflix?! But that's cool anyway, there's one episode a day on TV over here so i'm recording that a re-watching all of it.

I was considering Prison Break. I'll definitely watch the first episode and see what it's like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Also watch Parks and Rec, but first finish Breaking Bad like a god damn gentleman. And then watch Parks and Rec. And then Arrested Development. The rest can wait.
I'm just going with things on Netflix. My laptop is broken, so i'm watching on my xbox.

I like the rotation! I'm off college and i'm not doing anything atm, so i can watch an episode a day of each thing in the rotation. Going crazy with breaking bad would mean a lot of episodes a day and it would probably become a chore. Comedies and Mad Men are the only things I can just watch all day without stopping.

RIP themaninblack
Old 08-09-2013, 08:08 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Your not in university, you're r still 12
Old 08-09-2013, 08:10 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
Everything about this sentence...Jesus.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:17 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I like the rotation! I'm off college and i'm not doing anything atm, so i can watch an episode a day of each thing in the rotation. Going crazy with breaking bad would mean a lot of episodes a day and it would probably become a chore. Comedies and Mad Men are the only things I can just watch all day without stopping.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:42 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
What is this?

RIP themaninblack
Old 08-09-2013, 08:46 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Don't misinterpret what I said. I've already said it's a great show. But when i've got other great shows I can watch as well, i'm not going to just watch Breaking Bad. It's not like i'm in a rush to watch it.

RIP themaninblack
Old 08-09-2013, 11:41 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Everything about this sentence...Jesus.
damn you phone!!!
Old 08-09-2013, 12:40 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

So far i've got:

House of Cards - Meh on the first episode, loved the second.
Luther - Awesome if not just for Idris Elba.
Breaking Bad - Love where it's going mid-way through season 2.
Arrested Development - Didn't expect much but i find it hilarious.
Archer - Re-watching it because sterling archer is amazing.
White Collar - The chemistry between Bomer and the other guy is gold
Modern Family - Re-watching just for Phil.

Star Trek Deep Space Nine, do it!

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I found out my sister has Hulu Plus... I want to freeload... what are some good shows on there? Honestly... I haven't seen anything interesting. I just watched Parks and Rec season 5 but they don't have any other seasons... pretty wack.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hulu is really only good for keeping up with current shows, they don't have older episodes of most things I care about. I use it for currently-airing shows and Netflix for catching up on older episodes of stuff.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
I found out my sister has Hulu Plus... I want to freeload... what are some good shows on there? Honestly... I haven't seen anything interesting. I just watched Parks and Rec season 5 but they don't have any other seasons... pretty wack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Hulu is really only good for keeping up with current shows, they don't have older episodes of most things I care about. I use it for currently-airing shows and Netflix for catching up on older episodes of stuff.
What kill said, though Hulu Plus does have every episode of Community, and the early seasons are well worth the watch.

Old 08-09-2013, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks you two. I will check out the community.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:53 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Low Winter Sun

Heir apparent to Breaking Bad on AMC. This trailer looks promising. Starts this Sunday night.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:52 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Low Winter Sun

Heir apparent to Breaking Bad on AMC. This trailer looks promising. Starts this Sunday night.
We should see an episode or two before we crown it the heir apparent to Breaking Bad. They haven't done many bad shows, but they've done a few.

Old 08-09-2013, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dexter is hilariously bad this season. At least Yvonne is back.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Low Winter Sun" really needs to break AMC's streak of mediocrity.

Mad Men
Breaking Bad
Rubicon --- Very promising, but sadly canceled after 1 season
The Walking Dead
The Killing --- Awful first/second seasons, quality third season, probably end of the line now
Hell on Wheels --- Inexplicably entering its third season without anyone noticing
Low Winter Sun --- ????

The two new shows they recently green lit don't seem all that intriguing and aren't exactly created by TV geniuses.

Last edited by Xiomera : 08-09-2013 at 03:26 PM.
Xiomera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:44 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
"Low Winter Sun" really needs to break AMC's streak of mediocrity.

Mad Men
Breaking Bad
Rubicon --- Very promising, but sadly canceled after 1 season
The Walking Dead
The Killing --- Awful first/second seasons, quality third season, probably end of the line now
Hell on Wheels --- Inexplicably entering its third season without anyone noticing
Low Winter Sun --- ????

The two new shows they recently green lit don't seem all that intriguing and aren't exactly created by TV geniuses.
I was sad when Rubicon was canceled too. Low rated but high quality. A lot better than The Walking Dead as far as quality goes, that's for sure. I couldn't even watch The Killings second season.. the first pissed me off way too much.

That network is Breaking Bad and Mad Men, and I'd love it if Low Winter Sun joined them, I'm just tempering expectations.

Old 08-09-2013, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really wanted to like Hell on wheels but just meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Rubicon had issues in its first 4-5 episodes that ultimately led to the dismissal of the original showrunner. The first season was uneven, but quickly figured things out and was headed to a very interesting place over the second half of it. In terms of subject matter, I think the show was actually ahead of its time, dealing with surveillance, political analysts for a think-tank and national security intelligence gathering.

Personally, I think AMC made a mistake in not renewing the show. In hindsight, I bet the network wishes it had given it a second season because The Killing and Hell on Wheels, which followed, were not worthy of second seasons at all. The network only continued them in an effort to not look as if it couldn't create a sustainable show. Wouldn't look so great to cancel multiple shows in a short period of time. It's too bad.