Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-08-2013, 07:14 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
My PS3 just took a crap. Will probably see if I can get it fixed for a reasonable cost, but if it's totaled should I buy a new one or wait for the PS4?
Just depends on what all games you like that are coming out at launch for ps4 bc they are still a lot of good titles coming out for ps3 that are worth playing
Old 08-08-2013, 10:17 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only reason I'd preorder a PS4 is to re-sell it, and I'm not sure that's worth it. I'd hate to buy one and then have it not sell out.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
since most of the launch games are crap,
BF4, COD ghosts, watch dogs, nba 2k14. I could name more but those prove that statement false.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
*yawn* which of those are still going to be on previous gen hardware, where they will work just as well, if not better than on the next gen hardware? oh, you get prettier graphics? well that's worth $600 dollars. *slow clap*
That's what you're paying for with a new console though...better graphics and smoother gameplay...
Old 08-08-2013, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Better graphics = smoother gameplay. If you can't understand that then I'm sorry.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:43 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll probably wait until Spring/Summer to pick up a PS4, so they can work whatever bugs out for newer models.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Better graphics = smoother gameplay. If you can't understand that then I'm sorry.
It doesn't even remotely work that way...
Old 08-09-2013, 12:16 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
My PS3 just took a crap. Will probably see if I can get it fixed for a reasonable cost, but if it's totaled should I buy a new one or wait for the PS4?
PS4 isn't backwards compatible, so if you like your library of PS3 games it'd be wise to get one. Otherwise you'd have to rebuy and stream them on the PS4. Although, I think Gamestop is having a 50% credit trade-in deal, you could put your games towards a PS4.

Quote:
i won't touch the new generation till they've been in the wild for a year. there's absolutely no benefit, judging by when i got the ps3 at launch, to getting it early, since most of the launch games are crap, or are better on the previous generation. and you have no idea if you just bought a machine that will spend the next three years doing a solid brick impression. *shrug*
Well, I love my fat PS3 and its PS1/2 backwards compatibility. But yeah, sometimes **** happens with early models. My 360 doesn't have a HDMI port and my launch Wii came with some software bug where it had to get online to get an update... to allow it to go online. Of course I got that fixed for free though. Only 1 RROD on my 360, I was lucky Microsoft extended the warranties because mine died right after its original warranty expired.

I usually wait until there's a game I really want. I waited in line for my Wii because of Twilight Princess.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 08-09-2013 at 01:00 AM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:13 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Graphics and gameplay are different things all together.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:16 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is anyone looking to sell their slim PS3 before the PS4 comes out? PM me if you are, I missed out on the PS3 this generation and would like to get some of the games I didn't get a chance to play.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:17 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Graphics and gameplay are different things all together.
They go hand in hand.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:25 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They go hand in hand.
Then how come games with cell shaded graphics or are 2D renders can have some of the smoothest game play and games like Skyrim or maybe Crysis can have phenomenal graphics but can have jutter or frame rate issues?
Old 08-09-2013, 08:28 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Then how come games with cell shaded graphics or are 2D renders can have some of the smoothest game play and games like Skyrim or maybe Crysis can have phenomenal graphics but can have jutter or frame rate issues?
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Grand Theft Auto V hype train got me. I pre-ordered it.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Screw the reviewers DuckTales: Remastered is great!
Old 08-18-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Bit Trip Runner 2 so addictive.

Last edited by Splat : 08-18-2013 at 03:54 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:30 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Screw the reviewers DuckTales: Remastered is great!
The only bad review was from Gamespot. That guy is a toolbag.

Gamespot used to be the best and have the most reliable reviews, but things have been going downhill a bit.

Tales of Xillia has been released in Japan for 2 years and is going on a couple weeks in the States and they still haven't reviewed it. They don't have an RPG guy (preferably one that can play the Japanese versions)?

Last edited by nepg : 08-18-2013 at 04:32 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/..._north_america

Quote:
PlayStation 4 will launch on November 15th in North America and November 29th in Europe.

SCE president Andrew House made the announcement, reconfirming that the console will cost 349.99/$399.99.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:24 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watched a bit of the Gamescom presser. I thought Rime looked really cool. Interesting indie support across the board, but that one really stuck out to me. Looks like Windwaker mixed with the games Team Ico does. Sounds like a timed exclusive for them as well.

The only real issue I have with the PS4 is that the launch looks pretty weak. They've spent a lot of their time puffing their chest out about being a console that's both developer and consumer friendly(rightfully so), but at the end of the day there's not a whole ton that pushes it for me. Granted, the Xbox One doesn't really have anything either. Destiny looks like the first real interesting game release for either platform, and that's seven months after launch.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 05:43 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Both systems are really meh. The only thing they really bring to the table is that they're both basically the same hardware. That could save them both from being completely overrun by the new PC gaming market.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, if they can get Borderlands 2 to play well on a Vita I might have to buy one. That was the most exciting thing I saw at the conference.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:56 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Both systems are really meh. The only thing they really bring to the table is that they're both basically the same hardware. That could save them both from being completely overrun by the new PC gaming market.
Some of the momentum PC has will dissipate. There's people getting into it because that's the new thing. Some of them will simply move on. In the end though, the entry barrier is just too high and too complicated for some people. The best thing consoles have going for them is convenience. You aren't getting the best hardware out there, but you're buying into a platform. Sony is selling you a device that will have relevant games optimized for it for 5+ years. You just can't get that kind of certainty on PC.
It's certainly made it's dent though. Minecraft, Day Z, League of Legends, and Dota 2(for the record, I don't like any of them haha) are all HUGE games that made ripples throughout the sphere and arrived first(and stayed better on) PC. That certainly counts for something. Japanese devs who were previously uninterested in the market are starting to make inroads as well.

But yeah, I'll likely end up with a Playstation 4 at some point. I would love a reason to buy one sooner as opposed to later, but they haven't given me one yet. I was hoping to hear a bit more about Capcom's Deep Down today, but it seems like that may be further off than the reveal made it appear.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-20-2013, 07:03 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was hardcore ps4, but now am wavering. My problem lies with me being such a huge Halo and Kingdom Hearts fan. Now I can get both on one system? Convince me out of the xbox one. Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:14 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Kingdom Hearts is such a clusterfuck at this point thanks to the meandering side games. Very few people have kept up with it all even. Very fond memories of that series(although it's not something I would admit to playing to everyone haha), but my expectations for it are somewhat low. I don't think Square has the first idea where they're taking it.

...on the other hand, I have pretty high hopes for Final Fantasy XV for some reason. That seems like it might be a sort of successor to Kingdom Hearts from a mechanical perspective.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-20-2013, 10:56 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Metal Gear Solid / New Metal Gears series are all better then Halo.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote