Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-07-2013, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pumped for Planes this weekend! haha

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We haven't heard much about the eagerly anticipated Sharknado 2 since it was first announced in July, but now Syfy has announced an official title and release date for the upcoming sequel.

After reviewing more than 5,000 Twitter submissions to its "Name Sharknado 2" social media contest, the network announced that the official title will be Sharknado 2: The Second One.

Quote:
We haven't heard much about the eagerly anticipated Sharknado 2 since it was first announced in July, but now Syfy has announced an official title and release date for the upcoming sequel. After reviewing more than 5,000 Twitter submissions to its "Name Sharknado 2" social media contest, the network announced that the official title will be Sharknado 2: The Second One.
http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/08/09...date-announced
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 04:49 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Veteran

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As far as I'm concerned, Elysium is the best looking movie I've ever seen, the art direction and visual effects are absolutely flawless. I had moments where I couldn't tell what was CGI and what wasn't and I've never had that experience before with any film. In particular:

I know there is criticism about the third act in both District 9 and Elysium but I vehemently disagree. I actually consider the third act to be the strongest aspect of each movie's narrative. They're great bloody payoffs to the set-ups of all the technological possibilities in their respective fictional worlds.

All in all, I loved it. It wasn't quite as amazing as District 9 but it reaffirmed my love for Neill Blomkamp. He is my favorite director on the planet. He's making the type of movies that I spent years day-dreaming of as a kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And he should have been given the damn money to make a proper Halo movie god dammit because hes one of the few people I trust to not **** it up alongside the rest of the ****** video game movie genre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:41 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 guns was pretty good, probably try to
Go see something else this weekend

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:50 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watched The Heat a couple nights ago. Sandra Bullock is fineeee.

McCarthy seemed to over-act. I dunno, just wasn't as funny as she should've been.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:54 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man I really enjoyed the heat as far as a comedy goes, I was cracking up through out that whole film

Old 08-11-2013, 12:09 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Battleship has the worst lead protagonist ever. A lot wrong with this this movie right now.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Elysium was pretty ******* incredible. I was not a fan at all of some of the fight scenes as the camera got way to shaky but other than that I loved everything about it. I thought Sharlto Copley was just incredible. Loved him in District 9 and he kills it as the villain here.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:50 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looper. Nice!

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:02 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Elysium was pretty ******* incredible. I was not a fan at all of some of the fight scenes as the camera got way to shaky but other than that I loved everything about it. I thought Sharlto Copley was just incredible. Loved him in District 9 and he kills it as the villain here.
really? from the trailers i've thought it looks pretty ******* awful
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:48 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Percy Jackson movies would be way more successful if they didn't hide Alexandra Daddario's boobs so much.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:58 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Veteran

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
The Percy Jackson movies would be way more successful if they didn't hide Alexandra Daddario's boobs so much.
We Titans bros, we gotta stick together.

Quote:
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:02 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kick Ass 2 is almost here woot!
Old 08-12-2013, 01:04 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Veteran

I'm very worried about Kick-Ass 2. It looks a lot more slapstick and less darkly humorous than the original.

Quote:
Old 08-12-2013, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watched "The Place Beyond the Pines" the other day and it's one of the best flicks I have seen this year so far. A little long but very well made with kind of a unique storytelling structure.

I highly recommend it for movie buffs.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Watched "The Place Beyond the Pines" the other day and it's one of the best flicks I have seen this year so far. A little long but very well made with kind of a unique storytelling structure.

I absolutely loved it as well. Reminded me a lot of East of Eden.

Also, if anyone hasn't seen Mud yet, you should.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 12:15 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Thumbs up

Elysium was pretty BA came away with the expected results and also as mentioned already Sharlto Copley played a great role in this movie.

Old 08-13-2013, 12:17 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
I absolutely loved it as well. Reminded me a lot of East of Eden.

Also, if anyone hasn't seen Mud yet, you should.
Hope to check out both of these films one day on netflixs, but it will probably be the far future.

Old 08-13-2013, 03:34 AM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post

Could not agree more. I love the way Derek Cianfrance the director tells stories. I thought the three part of approach to the film was really neat and something you don't usually see in movies these days. Bradley Cooper was amazing, the music was great too. I thought it dragged on a little bit too, I originally thought it was going to end when the kid was riding his bike down the road his dad would bike on, but I thought the ending was great. The Place Beyond the Pines and Frances Ha are probably my two favorite movies so far this year.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:37 AM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Need a good list of movies to watch on netflix I've been watching a lot of random movies. Never been much an indie film guy, but I've been watching a lot of them the past few days even the most boring ones. I'm up for anything so list them!

EDIT: also on the topic of gosling I watched Lars and The Real Girl last night and it was one of the most awkward movies I've ever seen.
If you enjoy documentaries there is one on Netflix that blew my mind about the drug war in America called "The House I Live In". The director, Eugene Jarecki, is a favorite of mine. I loved the film because you really learn a lot about the war on drugs and how it effects you that you did not know before. Also the history behind it is pretty amazing too. The movie blew my mind.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:11 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
I'm very worried about Kick-Ass 2. It looks a lot more slapstick and less darkly humorous than the original.
I feel the same way. Thus far the reviews have been mostly positive tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:07 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
The preview for the first one was kinda like that too. I remember being surprised at how dark Kick-Ass was the first time I saw the first one. Didn't expect it based on the trailers.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:41 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post
If you enjoy documentaries there is one on Netflix that blew my mind about the drug war in America called "The House I Live In". The director, Eugene Jarecki, is a favorite of mine. I loved the film because you really learn a lot about the war on drugs and how it effects you that you did not know before. Also the history behind it is pretty amazing too. The movie blew my mind.
I'd been meaning to watch it for a while and am glad you reminded me of it. Watched it last night and it's something I'd highly recommend it to just about anybody.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Make it happen.

Quote:
So remember that rumor going around last week about Breaking Bad's Bryan Cranston potentially being on the short list to play Lex Luthor in the next Superman movie? Well, over the weekend Cranston responded to the rumor, and it sounds like he's interested.

"Give me a call," the actor told Metro with a grin. "I like Lex Luthor. I think he's misunderstood. He's a loveable, sweet man."

Cranston, of course, is no stranger to the DC Universe. The actor also voiced Commissioner Gordon in 2011's Batman: Year One. Perhaps if things don't pan out in Metropolis, Cranston could return to the GCPD in the Batman vs. Superman film?
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/...an-vs-superman

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote