Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 04-23-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

crazyisme hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default I'm guessing we trade down

thats my final prediction for what the Vikes are going to do on Saturday, it just makes sense.

Our biggest need is WR and there are a few that would be fine picks in the late teens but not where we are at. We could also use a few picks to add some more talent, we have been saying all along, we are going to build through the draft.

There are a lot of teams looking to trade up, IMO. I think Miami, Buffalo, Tennessee, Denver, and New England are all possible trade down partners for guys like Adams/Landry/Okoye/Peterson.

I like Peterson a lot, but if we got a team like Tennessee to give us their first day of picks for Peterson, I'd take the trade.
crazyisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thank you for sharing that with us.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:47 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyisme View Post
thats my final prediction for what the Vikes are going to do on Saturday, it just makes sense.

Our biggest need is WR and there are a few that would be fine picks in the late teens but not where we are at. We could also use a few picks to add some more talent, we have been saying all along, we are going to build through the draft.

There are a lot of teams looking to trade up, IMO. I think Miami, Buffalo, Tennessee, Denver, and New England are all possible trade down partners for guys like Adams/Landry/Okoye/Peterson.

I like Peterson a lot, but if we got a team like Tennessee to give us their first day of picks for Peterson, I'd take the trade.
I wouldnt mind trading down but if Peterson is there i wouldnt want to trade down unless it was sure that we were getting Meachem or Okoye. I could only see Miami Trading or New England with us because they have the power to move up.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do not want to trade down. We can get a real talent there at 7. It's a guarantee that someone is going to be there that we like.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:56 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unless we could land AP, Quinn, Landry or Adams at #7, I wouldn't be opposed to trading down.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_legend_killer View Post
Unless we could land AP, Quinn, Landry or Adams at #7, I wouldn't be opposed to trading down.
This is my belief as well.
Unless 1 of those 3 "falls" to us....I just don't see the need to stay at 7.
Okoye, Willis, Jammal Anderson, any of the WR's ...hell even one of the CB's would be fine as long as we traded down (personally I'd love Ross ...if we dropped to the 20 range....the kid is a poor man's Pac Man jones...minus the ignorant off field stuff)
I like Hall too....but for the Vikes I'd say a guy with the potential to be
a gamebreaking punt returner , should be ranked a tad higher than the other CB's.
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

do we really need a new thread for this?? its starting to get cluttered in here and this could have easily been posted in the Vikings Discussion.... as for the topic im for trading down with Cj,adams, Quinn, and Peterson gone
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

I guess i didnt think it was that clustered, really only about 3 or 4 threads are currently active, if that and sometimes posts get lost on the vikings discussion, thought id just create a thread on this because i really feel thats what the vikes are going to do, i dont see Peterson or Quinn being there and im startying to think that at the least Wash will swap with Atlanta so atlanta could get Landry
Old 04-23-2007, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Cleveland will decide which one will be there at 7 for us (Quinn / Peterson)
As I think Washington is warming up to the idea of taking
Landry to match up with Sean Taylor (who'd move to SS where L.L could be the F.S) should Gaines Adams not be available.

if that's so...then Detroit's pick will determine Clevelands choice
if Detriot drafts. Quinn / Adams or maybe even Patrick Willis...(which would be ideal for us.)..then Cleveland
would likely be choosing between Joe Thomas and A.D.
Of course , if CJ is available at 2, then Detroit's choice is mute because
they'd deal out of that one and load up on other day 1 picks.

Arizona just HAS to go with Joe Thomas. Their tackles are horrible and they already let Leonard Davis walk. Tampa is likely deciding between Gaines Adams and LaRon Landry...the talk of Okoye at 4 has really died
off. So that means whoever T.B. would take the other would be Washington's choice. As neither of those 2 teams , would likely, desire
Peterson or Quinn.

...which boils down to...Cleveland.

Whoever cleveland doesn't take as far as Quinn / Peterson are concerned.
That'll likely be our BPA when our pick is up.

Last edited by Severe Punishment : 04-23-2007 at 09:34 PM.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I personally think this is bs, but Gruden said that if Quinn was there at #4 he would be a strong consideration
Old 04-24-2007, 12:44 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It makes too much sense unfortunately.

Personally if Quinn, AD, CJ, JT or Landry isnt there, we should be looking to move down, like 1st and 3rd type deal even. Get anything for the pick because no one outside of those 4 makes sense at 7.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 02:38 AM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

We all know Cj is gone I recently looked it up and for us to move up anywhere in the top three it would require our first three picks by the trade chart

it goes something close to

2 2700
3 2400
4 2000
5 1800
6 1700
7 1500

it would take a one and 2 to move only to the top 4
which is way too high
but the patriots first two picks ane the vikings 1and 6th pick do bring pretty much equal value
But do we really want to move that far down?

3 in the top 40?

that might actually not be a horrible idea???

maybe Merriweather spencer gonzo?
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 10:08 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Ego View Post
We all know Cj is gone I recently looked it up and for us to move up anywhere in the top three it would require our first three picks by the trade chart

it goes something close to

2 2700
3 2400
4 2000
5 1800
6 1700
7 1500

it would take a one and 2 to move only to the top 4
which is way too high
but the patriots first two picks ane the vikings 1and 6th pick do bring pretty much equal value
But do we really want to move that far down?

3 in the top 40?

that might actually not be a horrible idea???

maybe Merriweather spencer gonzo?

I would love to see the vikings gain 2 first round picks but that depends if Patriots are in Love with Landry or Willis. If we were to trade back we could end up with MAYBE Jarvis Moss if he falls, Bowe if he falls and then in the 2nd take Sears or Gonzo/Rice/Jarret(If he even Makes it)

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 10:28 AM    (permalink
bonzi
Rookie

bonzi hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

IF we do trade, i don't think i'd mind taking Jarrett with number 28.
bonzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

The Patriots have had multiple picks before and used them both.
Before the kids on here get to talkin you have to look at this realistically.

The Patriots already have one of the 3 best teams in the NFL for this year. Their style of play has earned them 3 trophies in 5 years ...so obviously they know what the hell they're doing. We're not going to dupe that crew into giving up both 1st rounders to move up...what purpose would that serve them ???? You're thinking like the rest of the world CARES that the Vikings suck, have a roster where 1/2 the team is marginal talent and continue to bungle their talent.

The Patriots I assure you are quite content in taking 2 players for depth.
My guess is interior linebackers and interior lineman.

Last edited by Severe Punishment : 04-25-2007 at 11:40 AM.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:33 AM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

you narcissistic almighty attitude is an old and tired routine severe, you should really stop it.

I actually think your reasons are exactly WHY the Pats might move up. They usually aren't overly aggressive in FA, yet this year they were. Their team is pretty much set up, they have the picks to move up and get an elite safety like Landry (who is heads and tails above the others 3 top safeties) and safety is far and away their biggest question mark. ILB is the next issue where they could draft someone like David Harris or Justin Durant in the 2nd round.

I'm not going to say its going to happen at all, but to sit there and act like it absolutely isn't going to happen and anyone who thinks there's a chance it could happen is a "kid" is absolutely ignorant and naive and ********.

get off your pedestal severe, you don't know everything like you'd like to believe
Old 04-25-2007, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

How about this if the Patriots trade either OR both of their 1st rounders to move up , I'll leave this site and never return.

However , if I'm right (which history says I will be) and the Pats DON'T trade up ....on either or both picks and they either stay where they're at or move DOWN...then YOU leave this site.
Not just for a day, not to make another bad screen name. but forever.

let's call it an "IP gets banned the loser leaves forever" bet.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:29 PM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severe Punishment View Post
How about this if the Patriots trade either OR both of their 1st rounders to move up , I'll leave this site and never return.

However , if I'm right (which history says I will be) and the Pats DON'T trade up ....on either or both picks and they either stay where they're at or move DOWN...then YOU leave this site.
Not just for a day, not to make another bad screen name. but forever.

let's call it an "IP gets banned the loser leaves forever" bet.
are you that ********? (thats a serious question by the way...) IF you could actually read at a 6th grade level you might have noticed the fact that i said i dont think the pats will trade, but to say its 100% out of the question is ridiculously naive.

add to the fact that you always act as if your opinion means more than everyone elses, your bit is just plane tiresome
Old 04-25-2007, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

It's 100% out of the question that the Pats move up.
Either accept the bet or s.t.f.u.

and plane ???? plane tiresome ?? are you planning a trip ?
Old 04-25-2007, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

Well Severe I kinda of look at it like this the patriots could trade both first rounders and still end up back in the first round by trading their disgrunteled cb, Who is a proven comidity and young. Killing two birds with one stone. Bellicheck is old school he wants Bellicheck guys which is one reason I believe hes one of the best say Okoye is there he gets a 19 year old stud under a 5-7 year contract who has plenty of time to mature. Personally I dont think its that much of a reach. Because three of the top four guys that will get drafted are all on potential and not necessairly production.

Jemarcus Russell
Aidrian Peterson
Brady QUinn

Leaving much more productive players falling

Joe thomas
Calvin JOhnson
Laron Laundry
to say they wont trade up for either laundry or Okoye and maybe even Peterson is a bit crazy.
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

What exactly would be the point ? They've already shelled out huge money this offseason. (note when the shell out huge money it was for proven players) why exactly would they lose a 2nd first round pick to move up in a draft where they're not going to take a guy they think can "take them to that next level" ???? , they're not.

They'll take 2 guys who'll provide depth and eventually start.
this draft has 4 or 5 guys who we'll call "potential gamebreakers" then there's a plethera of moderate talent.

The Patriots have never worried about taking "elite" talent, they take good talent and MAKE them great.

That's what great coaching does.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyisme
ILB is the next issue where they could draft someone like David Harris or Justin Durant in the 2nd round.
The Patriots dont have a 2nd rounder, they traded it to the dolphins for wes welker