Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 08-19-2013, 12:23 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
It's good, but WR is pretty weak. Bowe hasn't caught a pass in the two games in preseason even though he's played plenty Smith just hasn't really went to him. Nicks is good when healthy, but will he be healthy? Thats a big risk.
Bowe and Nicks were both the best WR's on the board when I picked them. I also have no problem plugging in Hilton or Brown if nicks goes down.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:38 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
I think my RB situation more than makes up for my WR situation.
Agreed. I'm surprised Forte lasted that long in PPR
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Agreed. I'm surprised Forte lasted that long in PPR
I was either getting forte or Morris... crazy I know.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just finished my first draft and please tell me if I'm not as good as I think I am. PPR,, 12 team, picked 4th.

Picks by round

1.) Ray Rice
2.) MJD
3.) Forte
4.) Bowe
5.) Gronk
6.) Nicks
7.) Romo
8.) J Gordon
9.) TY Hilton
10.) V Brown
11.) K Rudolph
12.) B Pierce
13.) B Tate
14.) Cincy D
15.) Greg the Leg
16.) Big Ben

QB-Romo
RB-Rice
RB-MJD
WR-Bowe
WR-Nicks
TE-Rudolph/Gronk (when he comes back)
Flex-Forte
D-Cincy
K-Greg the Leg
For a 12 team league, that's pretty good. Assuming MJD can recover to about 80% of what he was before (production-wise), that's a dangerous three headed monster you've got there. But right now I'd rank him the third best out of your RBs. Gabbert scares no one and whoever plays the Jags will likely just stack the box.

TE situation is also nice, Rudolph just has to hold the fort a couple games, and he's gonna be a good red-zone target.

The WRs are somewhat worrisome though. I don't trust Bowe to be a #1, but it might work if he can develop good chemistry with Smith. He's only had one really good year, and people are still hoping he can play the way he did, but I'm not buying it. He's only had double-digit TDs just once, and I feel the offense is gonna revolve completely around Jamaal Charles, like it did Brian Westbrook and LeSean McCoy during Reid's years in Philly.

Nicks is in the same boat as Bowe, on paper he could be a stud, but he'll probably get hurt. These two guys are legit candidates to absolutely explode any given game, but I don't think he'll produce consistently, ala Vincent Jackson. In the past year, Bowe only had two games where he cracked the 100 yard mark, Nicks had 1. In 2011 Bowe had 3 while Nicks had three. Last year they had 6 combined TDs, in 2011 they had 12. I dunno, they're two guys who always allure me on paper but disappoint me come game-day.

But the rest of the team is very good for a 12 team league. And as you said, the RB tandem will more than make-up for these guys.

Quote:
This is, IMO one of my better teams right now:

QB: Stafford
RB: Chris Johnson, Stevan Ridley, Reggie Bush, Le'Veon Bell, Giovani Bernard, DeAngelo Williams, Shane Vereen
WR: Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, Vincent Jackson, DeSean Jackson
TE: Greg Olsen
K: Greg the Leg
D: Buccaneers

I'm trying to trade one of the backup RBs and Olsen for Graham, Gronk, VD, or Witten
8 Team PPR league? How on earth did you get Calvin, Julio, Chris Johnson, and Stevan Ridley all on one team? Calvin always goes in the first, and Julio, CJ, and Stevan almost always go 2, maybe 3. How the hell did one of them fall to the fourth?

Makes sense to improve the TE spot, but it's a good team.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:47 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is this not the sexiest team you've seen in the history of sexy teams?

10team, non-PPR, 2WR, 2RB 1 flex

RB: Chris Johnson, Doug Martin, Steven Jackson, Giovani Bernard, David Wilson, Shonn Greene, Bernard Pierce, DeAngelo Williams
WR: Jordy Nelson, Julio Jones, Eric Decker, Kenny Britt
TE: Jimmy Graham
K: None - I don't need one with this team!
D: Browns

It was a lot sexier before Jordy got injured, but he should be back soon. If only I could trade for Calvin....
Old 08-19-2013, 12:54 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
8 Team PPR league? How on earth did you get Calvin, Julio, Chris Johnson, and Stevan Ridley all on one team? Calvin always goes in the first, and Julio, CJ, and Stevan almost always go 2, maybe 3. How the hell did one of them fall to the fourth?

Makes sense to improve the TE spot, but it's a good team.
10 team non PPR.

Drafted Calvin first, snagged Julio in the 2nd. Grabbed Ridley in the 3rd, and V-Jax in the 4th. I then took McFadden in the 6th. Took G.Jennings in the 10th. O I also had selected Big Ben in round 11.

I traded Big Ben for Cutler and Reggie Bush (dude offered so I hit accept very quickly).

I then traded McFadden and Jennings for Chris Johnson.

So basically, I got fortunate on a couple of trades that I think went in my favor.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is this not the sexiest team you've seen in the history of sexy teams?

10team, non-PPR, 2WR, 2RB 1 flex

RB: Chris Johnson, Doug Martin, Steven Jackson, Giovani Bernard, David Wilson, Shonn Greene, Bernard Pierce, DeAngelo Williams
WR: Jordy Nelson, Julio Jones, Eric Decker, Kenny Britt
TE: Jimmy Graham
K: None - I don't need one with this team!
D: Browns

It was a lot sexier before Jordy got injured, but he should be back soon. If only I could trade for Calvin....
Jordy and Steven Jackson for Calvin, and hope the guy accepts it!

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 08-19-2013, 01:04 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
10 team non PPR.

Drafted Calvin first, snagged Julio in the 2nd. Grabbed Ridley in the 3rd, and V-Jax in the 4th. I then took McFadden in the 6th. Took G.Jennings in the 10th. O I also had selected Big Ben in round 11.

I traded Big Ben for Cutler and Reggie Bush (dude offered so I hit accept very quickly).

I then traded McFadden and Jennings for Chris Johnson.

So basically, I got fortunate on a couple of trades that I think went in my favor.
Oh makes sense. Very good team for a ten team league, IMO.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 08-19-2013, 01:12 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Oh makes sense. Very good team for a ten team league, IMO.
I was pretty fortunate in the draft and trade, as well as picking up Bernard and Vereen as FAs after the draft.

I've got a lot of depth at RB, so if anything were to happen to a WR (hopefully nothing does) but I could hopefully trade for a decent one
Old 08-19-2013, 07:35 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Now that I'm thinking about it should I drop anyone and pick up Reuben Randle to handcuff Nicks?

Last edited by Bert Macklin : 08-19-2013 at 07:48 AM.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:46 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Now that I'm thinking about it should I drop anyone and pick up Reuben Randle to handcuff Nicks?
WR handcuffs are rarer than RB ones, but in cases where I have Nicks I definitely try and get Rueben also. There should be at least a handful of QBs on the free agent list, and unless Romo falls off the face of the earth you should be using him every week anyways. I'd have no problems dropping Ben and picking up Randle if I were you. Do it before someone else has the chance too, IMO.

Getting Forte in the 3rd is absolutely nuts. He is arguably a top 10 RB in PPR this year. 10-12 in my rankings.

Oh and Gronk in the 5th is a no brainer as well. Congrats on stealing those two guys.

Last edited by farfromforgotten : 08-19-2013 at 08:49 AM.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is my team in my keeper:

QB: Newton/Stafford
RB: Spiller/Morris/McCoy/Inram/Ballard/Lattimore
WR: Cobb/Bowe/Broyles/Randle/Wheaton
TE: Daniels/Cameron/Sudfield
DEF: Arizona
K: Bullock

It's 12 team, PPR. We keep two players and one rookie. I am stashin Lattimore on my IR in hopes for 2014. How you like it? I kept Spiller, Morris, and Shady.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
WR handcuffs are rarer than RB ones, but in cases where I have Nicks I definitely try and get Rueben also. There should be at least a handful of QBs on the free agent list, and unless Romo falls off the face of the earth you should be using him every week anyways. I'd have no problems dropping Ben and picking up Randle if I were you. Do it before someone else has the chance too, IMO.

Getting Forte in the 3rd is absolutely nuts. He is arguably a top 10 RB in PPR this year. 10-12 in my rankings.

Oh and Gronk in the 5th is a no brainer as well. Congrats on stealing those two guys.
My buddies weren't impressed with my draft and all said they had better ones. I'm starting to think it's because they're jealous.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:23 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Also, and this is a maaaaaaaaaaajor noob question, but how exactly does an Auction Draft work? I know the basics, but what happens if you run out of money, or something. I've been practicing with mock drafts but I'm still learning things. Any tips or suggestions based on experience?
Quote:
It won't let you "run out of money" if you haven't filled your roster.

For example, if you need 15 roster spots, and you spent $40 on Ray Rice, you now have 14 spots and $160 left.

Carry on let's say you've now bought 10 players for $150. You now have 5 spots left to fill and $50 to spend. In this example, let's say Adrian Peterson is still available and you need another starting RB. You need him because you only have Rice and need another starting RB. You can spend up to $46 on him because you must allow yourself at least $1 for the remaining 4 players on your roster. The computer will know this and will not let you bid over $46.

I tend to nominate my late round steals early. It's just something I've always done in fantasy. I kind of give monetary values based on the rounds I'd select them in a normal draft.

Try not to run up the price on people unless you're fine paying it, I've been stuck paying for guys I didn't want just because I thought they were going to cheap and someone else would outbid me.
Pretty solid, imo.

The settings for our auction will not let you run out. You will have your bids max out based on the need for $1 per position remaining. Ultimately, the point of auction is to get guys you really like at a proper value. There is a link to MFL's average auction value for $100 budget but the only prominent place I saw it was in the auction room. The values are averages, so you can expect to need a few bucks more per superstar but will also end up getting some guys for less.

For the most part, you want to come away with two studs in that draft, in particular, because they will only cost you $12 each to keep next year.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

My week one matchup. No projections yet but I feel good about it. One question though, I have Forte as my flex going up against my defense. Do I sit him and start say, TY Hilton instead? I'm team Pup n Suds btw.

Old 08-19-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Is it PPR?

I'd probably keep Forte either way. If Forte scored a TD on you and you had him starting it'd still be better than him scoring on you when he was on the bench.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Is it PPR?

I'd probably keep Forte either way. If Forte scored a TD on you and you had him starting it'd still be better than him scoring on you when he was on the bench.
Yes PPR. I've never run into this situation before. Thanks.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:01 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

never, ever bench someone because they play your defense. only bench them because whatever defense they play is good. also your team is significantly better than the other guy's
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 03:30 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
never, ever bench someone because they play your defense. only bench them because whatever defense they play is good. also your team is significantly better than the other guy's
It's better, but his WRs could get some serious points in PPR
Old 08-19-2013, 03:31 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My week one matchup. No projections yet but I feel good about it. One question though, I have Forte as my flex going up against my defense. Do I sit him and start say, TY Hilton instead? I'm team Pup n Suds btw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
Beat me to it.

The only week Forte isn't in your lineup is week 8 (barring injury).

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:24 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post

It's 12 team, PPR. We keep two players and one rookie. I am stashin Lattimore on my IR in hopes for 2014. How you like it? I kept Spiller, Morris, and Shady.
DAMN! That's a stacked ass team.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:

That's a damn good team for a 10 man league, let alone a 12 one. Spiller and McCoy should be great PPR plays, and the fact that your back up is Morris is pretty ridiculous haha. Newton will be a top 5 QB, Cobb is also a big PPR guy, and Cameron offers big-time upside. Very good team.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 08-19-2013, 08:14 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Browns traded a DE for guard John Moffit of the Seahawks. Moffit has had some injury troubles, but when healthy he is a mauler in the run game. This should help TR quite a bit, since both their RGs had been injured.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Work league. I had the 9th pick. 10 teams. Standard league. Lets say I have a few dummies in my league. Team:

RB: Richardson/Murray/Bell/Bernard/Randle(Murray handcuff)
WR: Megatron/DT/Bowe/Sid Rice/Givens
TE: Daniels/Cameron
K:Tucker
DEF: Steelers
Old 08-19-2013, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Work league. I had the 9th pick. 10 teams. Standard league. Lets say I have a few dummies in my league. Team:

RB: Richardson/Murray/Bell/Bernard/Randle(Murray handcuff)
WR: Megatron/DT/Bowe/Sid Rice/Givens
TE: Daniels/Cameron
K:Tucker
DEF: Steelers