Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 08-19-2013, 11:41 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Work league. I had the 9th pick. 10 teams. Standard league. Lets say I have a few dummies in my league. Team:

QB: Newton/Stafford
RB: Richardson/Murray/Bell/Bernard/Randle(Murray handcuff)
WR: Megatron/DT/Bowe/Sid Rice/Givens
TE: Daniels/Cameron
K:Tucker
DEF: Steelers
This has me excited about the potential for my work league. I'm even excited about my 14 team standard scoring league, where apparently #2 is either going Ray Rice or Aaron Rodgers, #3 is a loose cannon also, and #5 is going Megatron. I was a bit disappointed I landed at 11 initially, now I'm thinking maybe I have a chance to get a top back - particularly if Rodgers goes #2.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:47 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Greg Olsen + Kenbrell Thompkins worth it for Jared Cook or Antonio Gates?

Olsen is my starting TE, but its my weakest position.

However, my WR's are CJ, Vincent Jackson, Antonio Brown, DHB, and Kenbrell. VJ and Antonio Brown have the same bye week, and I'm not all that confident with DHB.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:49 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would say no to that one, frankly I wouldn't be confident enought that either Gates or Cook is an upgrade over Olsen to make a 2 for 1 trade.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:49 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
Is Greg Olsen + Kenbrell Thompkins worth it for Jared Cook or Antonio Gates?

Olsen is my starting TE, but its my weakest position.

However, my WR's are CJ, Vincent Jackson, Antonio Brown, DHB, and Kenbrell. VJ and Antonio Brown have the same bye week, and I'm not all that confident with DHB.
At this point in time, no. I have Olsen ranked higher than Cook until Cook proves otherwise.

Olsen is also much higher than Gates for me.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Week one you guys don't think TY Hilton vs Oakland is a better matchup in the flex then forte vs Cincy?
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:59 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Don't bench your studs. If you try to get cute and play matchups it'll just end up biting you in the ass more often than not.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:21 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Week one you guys don't think TY Hilton vs Oakland is a better matchup in the flex then forte vs Cincy?
no not even a little bit there's no reason to bench forte
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
This has me excited about the potential for my work league. I'm even excited about my 14 team standard scoring league, where apparently #2 is either going Ray Rice or Aaron Rodgers, #3 is a loose cannon also, and #5 is going Megatron. I was a bit disappointed I landed at 11 initially, now I'm thinking maybe I have a chance to get a top back - particularly if Rodgers goes #2.
There were 5 defenses off the board by round 5. Four kickers by 8. I picked my D and K last. They made a lot of great value drop. One guy picked two defenses in the first 10 rounds...
Old 08-20-2013, 12:28 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB Ben Roethlisberger
WR Calvin Johnson
WR Danny Amendola
RB David Wilson
RB Rashard Mendenhall
TE Rob Gronkowski
W/R Michael Floyd
K Nick Folk
D NaVorro Bowman
DB Tyvon Branch
DB William Moore
LB Sean Lee
LB Bobby Wagner
-
QB Matt Flynn
WR Rueben Randle, Andrew Hawkins, Justin Hunter, Jerome Simpson
RB Joesph Randle, LaRod Stephens-Howling, Latavius Murray, Stepfan Taylor, Marcus Lattimore, Knile Davis

championship.

gotta love 20 team drafts

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:28 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just finished the 20-team (ppr) nfldc elite draft. what do you guys think?

qb: carson palmer, alex smith
rb: lesean mccoy, darren sproles, danny woodhead
wr: marques colston, steve johnson, josh gordon, robert woods, kenny stills
te: rob housler, julius thomas
k: caleb sturgis
d: london fletcher
db: charles tillman
db: reshad jones
lb: jerrell freeman
lb: danell ellerbe
-
rashad jennings, kenjon barner, cierre wood
ace sanders, jarrett boykin, austin pettis
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:39 AM    (permalink
MrMojoRisin
Rookie

MrMojoRisin hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

12 team PPR and I pick 2nd.

Doug Martin or Arian Foster? Other?
MrMojoRisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:47 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMojoRisin View Post
12 team PPR and I pick 2nd.

Doug Martin or Arian Foster? Other?
I'd go Martin, or if you feel like being different don't be shy to go Spiller or McCoy.

I really like Foster, but I am getting concerned with the nagging injuries.

He's had back pain for some time, he's gotten injection for 2-3 weeks, but the pain has moved to his legs and he's in serious doubt to play week 1.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:35 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

10 Man PPR

QB-Matthew Stafford
RB-Adrian Peterson
RB-Chris Johnson
FLEX-David WIlson
WR-Julio Jones
WR-Eric Decker
TE-Rob Gronkowski
DEF- St.Louis
K-Greg the Leg

Backups
QB-Matt Shaub
RB-Vick Ballard
WR-T.Y Hilton
WR-Chris Givens
WR-Kendall Wright
RB-Daryl Richardson
TE-Dwayne Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:02 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
10 Man PPR

QB-Matthew Stafford
RB-Adrian Peterson
RB-Chris Johnson
FLEX-David WIlson
WR-Julio Jones
WR-Eric Decker
TE-Rob Gronkowski
DEF- St.Louis
K-Greg the Leg

Backups
QB-Matt Shaub
RB-Vick Ballard
WR-T.Y Hilton
WR-Chris Givens
WR-Kendall Wright
RB-Daryl Richardson
TE-Dwayne Allen
Very nice if you could get those dirty Colts and Texans off the team

I'm starting to slide Gronkowski down my board a little with recent reports of him missing a week or two to start the season because by my experience that type of stuff tends to get postponed rather than moved up.

But that's a real good team
Old 08-20-2013, 03:40 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post

-
I don't like your receivers much outside of Colston, but Palmer should be a serviceable starter for a 20 team league, and getting both McCoy and Sproles in a 20 team PPR league is a ridiculous haul imo.

I know nothing about IDP though.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he comes back by week 3. It's on.

Week 3 baby!!!

Quote:
Still on the physically unable to perform (PUP) list that would keep him out of regular season action until at least Week 7, Gronkowski could be off the list soon to free him up for a possible return in Week 3.

While the return date may sound ambitious for a player that underwent forearm and back surgeries in May and June, respectively, the Patriots have actually been doing their best to hold Gronkowski back and allow him time to recover fully, according to Guergian.
[link=(http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/8/2...patriots)]LINK[/link]
Old 08-20-2013, 11:25 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've already been offered a trade, I usually hate doing trades this early but what do you think...

Eric Decker and Reggie Bush for AJ Green and Mark Ingram.

My two WRs would be Roddy and AJ, and I would have Trent and Ridley as my 2 RBs with either Givens, Gordon, Ingram, Tate or Michael bush as my flex option.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

After last night Dwyer is clearly the #2

Quote:
Le'Veon Bell will undergo an MRI on his right foot Tuesday.
The initial diagnosis on Bell was a mid-foot sprain. As ESPN's Adam Schefter notes, this injury sometimes turns into a Lisfranc fracture -- an injury that would cripple the second-round rookie's season. For now, all the Steelers can do is hold their breath. Bell's projected backup, Isaac Redman, produced 410 yards on 110 carries (3.72 YPC) and lost three fumbles last year.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:05 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
I've already been offered a trade, I usually hate doing trades this early but what do you think...

Eric Decker and Reggie Bush for AJ Green and Mark Ingram.

My two WRs would be Roddy and AJ, and I would have Trent and Ridley as my 2 RBs with either Givens, Gordon, Ingram, Tate or Michael bush as my flex option.
I love doing trades this early. Is this in a league that will evaluate the trades for both teams?

It'd be really close, but I know a lot of people aren't fans of Decker this season (I'm not one of them).

If this PPR (sorry I couldn't find if you already listed this team or not).

In PPR I think the Decker and Bush side is getting the better deal. I have them in my projections (for PPR) league @ 426 points, for AJ + Ingram 406.

I think the main thing that needs to be considered is how much you like your flex. You'd upgrade your starting WR position, but be forced to go flex by committee with Givens, Gordon Ingram as your primary flexes.

Givens has big upside, but I don't know if I'd be willing to bank on him
Old 08-20-2013, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Victor Cruz (heel) was spotted in crutches and in a walking boot Tuesday.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:13 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Victor Cruz (heel) was spotted in crutches and in a walking boot Tuesday.
Hopefully nothing serious, I have him in my money league
Old 08-20-2013, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
QB Ben Roethlisberger
WR Calvin Johnson
WR Danny Amendola
RB David Wilson
RB Rashard Mendenhall
TE Rob Gronkowski
W/R Michael Floyd
K Nick Folk
D NaVorro Bowman
DB Tyvon Branch
DB William Moore
LB Sean Lee
LB Bobby Wagner
-
QB Matt Flynn
WR Rueben Randle, Andrew Hawkins, Justin Hunter, Jerome Simpson
RB Joesph Randle, LaRod Stephens-Howling, Latavius Murray, Stepfan Taylor, Marcus Lattimore, Knile Davis

championship.

gotta love 20 team drafts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post

-
QB: Eli Manning - Brandon Weeden
RB: Trent Richardson - Daryl Richardson - Darren McFadden - Mike James - LaGarrette Blount
WR: James Jones - Greg Little - Brian Hartline - Keenan Allen - Stedman Bailey - Quinton Patton
TE: Fred Davis - Delanie Walker
K: Kai Forbath - Jay Feely
D: Charles Johnson
DB: Tyrann Mathieu
DB: Patrick Chung - Duke Ihenacho
LB: Jerod Mayo
LB: Akeem Ayers - Terrell Suggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

My head is going to explode try to compare these 20 team leagues. I look at go "O this team has the better QB, but this had the RB, O wait, this had Calvin Johnson"
Old 08-20-2013, 02:01 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I love doing trades this early. Is this in a league that will evaluate the trades for both teams?

It'd be really close, but I know a lot of people aren't fans of Decker this season (I'm not one of them).

If this PPR (sorry I couldn't find if you already listed this team or not).

In PPR I think the Decker and Bush side is getting the better deal. I have them in my projections (for PPR) league @ 426 points, for AJ + Ingram 406.

I think the main thing that needs to be considered is how much you like your flex. You'd upgrade your starting WR position, but be forced to go flex by committee with Givens, Gordon Ingram as your primary flexes.

Givens has big upside, but I don't know if I'd be willing to bank on him
It's standard scoring.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:05 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

In standard scoring I still think I'd lean towards Decker and Bush. But I'm higher on Decker than many.