Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 08-15-2013, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure if you guys are agreeing with me or not.

The divisions are completely useless because they don't actually separate anything or dictate how the scheduling and seeding works.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I'm not sure if you guys are agreeing with me or not.

The divisions are completely useless because they don't actually separate anything or dictate how the scheduling and seeding works.
Well, it's supposed to work. I remember when I had the league split up in 4 divisions, teams in the same division played each other twice. We had nice rivalries. My only regret is if I had to do it over again, I wouldn't reshuffle the divisions every year based on previous year's standings.

I'll go look at the settings. I have a plan!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WMD and I already tried to figure out how to get the schedule setup properly the other night. He tried every setting we could find and none of them changed the weekly H2H schedule any.

The problem with having a non-random schedule is that teams in the lower division end up with inflated records due to playing all the worst teams. It might be nice for a couple of them to reach the playoffs as a result, but it actually tends to stunt their long-term competitiveness by picking at the bottom of the round in the following draft. The teams with the worst keepers don't always end up with the highest draft picks the next year.

Last edited by Xiomera : 08-15-2013 at 01:39 PM.
Xiomera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I also don't buy that there's such thing as a "rivalry" in fantasy football. We don't need four divisions again.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:27 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heyyyyyyyyy, Brian Quick! Just sealed my 2013 Turbo Man.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Well, my 17th round pick was a bust. Dion Lewis fractured his fibula last night.

My team shall overcome this adversity, though.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, my 17th round pick was a bust. Dion Lewis fractured his fibula last night.

I hate you.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

That's what you get for picking him. He was supposed to be mine.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:36 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm very surprised that none if my players have gotten injured after i drafted them. All that are hurt were hurt before the draft. Of course me saying this means it's only a matter of time before one of my guys tears an ACL

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:35 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't care what the schedule/division is, I'm 97.3% sure I'll be in the championship game this year. We will rally around Kenbrell Thompkins and we will play good football.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

I'll go look at the settings. I have a plan!
Did you figure out what you're gonna do?
Old 08-18-2013, 07:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Did you figure out what you're gonna do?
I wanted to split the league up in divisions. I thought it was more forgiving.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:54 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

No forgiveness! One division! This is WARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-18-2013, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Not sure what you mean by forgiving ...

I understand that having two divisions in theory allowed the lesser teams to play each other more, but if you look at it, the current schedules don't reflect the updated divisions of the Top and Bottom 10 teams. Still stuck on last year's division breakdown.

Also, two divisions is still pointless because seeding in the playoffs isn't determined at all by divisional ties.

And I'd argue that the 2-3 teams that lead the lesser division each year actually get screwed the next year because their artificially inflated records (via playing weak competition) just earns them a lower draft slot and therefore less opportunity to get better players.

You'd be better off with one big division and truly randomized weekly schedules.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:37 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

And I'd argue that the 2-3 teams that lead the lesser division each year actually get screwed the next year because their artificially inflated records (via playing weak competition) just earns them a lower draft slot and therefore less opportunity to get better players.
You gotta tank, bro.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
You gotta tank, bro.
Further reason to have one division with a more uniform strength of schedule.

One division probably creates more parity if we're all playing on a level field.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Remind me why we have the draft so ******* early?

I'm about to join the group that lost a significant player to a significant injury it seems.

Le'Veon Bell might have a Lisfranc injury. Will miss a while regardless.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:24 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ain't no crying in WAR league. Bro.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:27 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Injuries happen bro. Would you feel better if he got injured on his first carry in Week 1?
Old 08-20-2013, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Wow. Thanks guys for pointing out some plainly obvious things to me.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:29 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How would you prefer us to respond? "Yeah, I'm so sorry Xio!! Next year we should totally do it later to make it more fair for you!"

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:34 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

It sucks and you have my sympy Xio. At least you got some insurance for him.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

No, I'd like someone to have answered my question. The one that others have asked before me.

Why do we draft so early? The draft will have been over with a full month before the season even begins.

Not looking for sympathy. I know none was granted to the guys who lost Maclin, Pitta, Harvin, Alexander, etc.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:12 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I like doing it early to keep away from a situation where a players value suddenly rises in a later round due to injury or whatever else.. And the guy who's up suddenly stumbles upon a starter or someone with an increased role as a result. I also like having to do some research and such and using my motherly instinct.

But I'm always up for change if the majority really wants to.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:26 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I blame Rodger Goodell

But I do agree with Xio. It doesn't take a month to do this draft. Why do we have it in July? should be begininng to middle August

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote