Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 08-20-2013, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

someone call xio the whambulance
Old 08-20-2013, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
someone call xio the whambulance
I'm gonna break Russell Wilson's leg myself.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:30 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's it... NOBODY GETS STAFFORD AT THE TRADE DEADLINE!

He's gonna be the #1 pick to some deadbeat team with a deadbeat owner thinking deadbeat thoughts... probably Communist.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
That's it... NOBODY GETS STAFFORD AT THE TRADE DEADLINE!

He's gonna be the #1 pick to some deadbeat team with a deadbeat owner thinking deadbeat thoughts... probably Communist.
It's gonna be you when you finish last.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I'm gonna break Russell Wilson's leg myself.
JK big man. Is Bell even out that long?
Old 08-20-2013, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
JK big man. Is Bell even out that long?
Had an MRI today and nothing more has been said. But Lisfranc injury has been widely talked about with him, which could cost him the season potentially.

Independent of the impact this could have on my team, I still really think the draft needs to be later next time. This isn't the first year I've raised the issue.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:37 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's gonna be you when you finish last.
Impossible. I have Latavius Murray.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Impossible. I have Latavius Murray.
My condolences.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

run haha.exe

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:46 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I was on the clock and was told to just go ahead so #2 could start thinking about who they pick, eventually it turned into a clock.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Well I was on the clock and was told to just go ahead so #2 could start thinking about who they pick, eventually it turned into a clock.
The clock was necessary because once the draft begins, it needs to move steadily for reasons WMD explained above. But it doesn't need to begin before a single preseason game has been played.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:35 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will take offers for Randall Cobb

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Yep. Le'Veon Bell has a Lisfranc injury. First round pick bye bye.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is why we WAR LEAGUE!

We ain't got no room for sissys!!!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 04:17 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only sissy's get hurt! No one on my team gets hurt because I'm not a sissy!!! WAR

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Something needs to be done to address the schedules for this league still ...

We aren't using a randomized schedule OR a schedule based on the divisions. It has to be one of the other or the divisions are truly pointless.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Something needs to be done to address the schedules for this league still ...

We aren't using a randomized schedule OR a schedule based on the divisions. It has to be one of the other or the divisions are truly pointless.
I'll look at it when I get home.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:21 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#JustPryorBaby

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 02:34 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, I'd like someone to have answered my question. The one that others have asked before me.

Why do we draft so early? The draft will have been over with a full month before the season even begins.

Not looking for sympathy. I know none was granted to the guys who lost Maclin, Pitta, Harvin, Alexander, etc.

What date could we hold the draft and not be susceptible to pre-season injuries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:11 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
What date could we hold the draft and not be susceptible to pre-season injuries?
Draft began on July 14 and lasted about a month. NFL season begins Sept. 5. You do the math. Obviously all injuries won't be avoided, but no one had that expectation.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:14 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Let's get a Stafford deal done before the season starts.

I'll also.... maybe... kinda... entertain a sexy time deal for CJ Spiller. Maybe. Kinda.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

So how bout them divisions/schedules ...
Old 08-27-2013, 05:30 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Draft began on July 14 and lasted about a month. NFL season begins Sept. 5. You do the math. Obviously all injuries won't be avoided, but no one had that expectation.
So to hit that mark we would have to start 2 weeks later then? Is that really that big of a difference? Then it would be September 2nd and we would have 4-5 teams missing players, on top of rushing everyone that much more the closer September gets. Le'Veon Bell got hurt in August, during the pre-season, I just don't know of a start time we could do that wouldn't leave players susceptible for pre-season injuries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:52 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed. If we started the draft even three weeks later, you still would have taken Bell and he would still be injured and on your bench.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

OK 4 divisions it is unless there is a huge outcry.

Teams play within the division twice a year plus 4 non-division games. Division winners make the playoffs. Next best 2 teams earn Wild card spots for the playoffs.

The best 2 of the 4 Division winners earn Bye Weeks in Round 1 of the playoffs. I think that fairly rewards them for having great seasons. I personally hate seeing teams do well during the regular season only to see them out in Round 1. Therefore, I am reducing the playoff teams to 6 instead of 8. WAR.

I don't have the greatest way of organizing divisions because a snake style order using the draft order benefits some divisions because there are 5 rounds. Snake style orders usually only work when there is an even number of rounds to go around. So after several different attempts of changing teams around, I ultimately grouped it together like this. It's a little random but not really. There is a power balance throughout.

I think it works for the fairness and funness for all. I can see some bitter match ups for sure! :)

The number next to the team is how they finished according to last season.

Div 1
1. Team marshall
5. Team PF
9. Team KCJ
13. Team Bosanac
17. Team comahan

Div 2
2. Team D-Unit
7. Team Brodeur
11. Team Dirty Thirty
14. Team Giantsfan
19. Team BigDawg