Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 08-21-2013, 11:16 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ingram is fool's gold yet again. That system can't support that many backs to get anywhere near consistent stats. He'd never be startable, and he'd lose you weeks on a leap of faith. He might end up with decent cumulative numbers at the end of the year, but you'd have to get lucky to start him on the right week. There will be way too many where he has 10 carries for 40 yards. I'd rather take Bernard Pierce in the same area.

As for Wilson - he's leaving Brown in the dust already. He's going to get 17-20 touches a game. Brown will still make an impact, but there is an awfully big void left by Bradshaw's departure. The Giants always churn out impact players in that offense. I expect a big year. I think trying to predict a player's final cumulative stats is completely worthless. I'd rather look at the football aspect of it and judge players separate from the made-up numbers.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:17 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Would you guys consider this trade:

I'd get:
RB Arian Foster
WR Andre Johnson
RB Shane Vereen

They'd Get:
RB CJ Spiller
WR Victor Cruz
RB Ahmad Bradshaw

I feel like this is actually a downgrade for me even though I'm getting some good players. Foster is a question mark at this point and Andre is getting old and although he'll still produce I'd take Cruz over him (and did in the draft) any day of the week.

It's a downgrade right? Should I even mess with countering or just reject it?
Don't bother with Foster. Bradshaw might be pretty good. Try to get Vereen from him. Maybe offer Cruz for Vereen + a WR.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:19 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's pretty close. I would want a bigger upgrade from Cruz to take on the Foster risk. Cruz and Andre are too close imo for you to consider it.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:42 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiG View Post
I think it's pretty close. I would want a bigger upgrade from Cruz to take on the Foster risk. Cruz and Andre are too close imo for you to consider it.
I countered back with Bradshaw and Decker for Foster, not likely to be accepted by any means, but CJ Spiller is not on the table when talking about Foster, I just have a bad feeling in my gut about him.

Also, sent you a PM back DiG
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:44 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
i'm in a league where we can start 2 qb and my best advice to you is to get two good qb's. obviously don't take one at 3 if brees/rodgers go 1-2, but definitely take one at 2.10
Here's the thing about QB's this year: There are at least 23 that I would be fine to start in my league. There are not nearly that many RB's, but plenty of WR's. If I can get 90-95% of the QB production later, why not wait?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:00 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Ingram is fool's gold yet again.
I don't know if there's really a such thing with a 14th or 15th round selection
Old 08-21-2013, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
First draft of the season, 12 team standard league

QB: Newton, Vick
RB; Rice, Shady, Matthews, Lacey
WR: Amendola, Steve Smith, Jordyzzz Nelson, Hilton, Givens, C. Patteron
TE: Cameron Jordan, Gresham
K Bailey
DEF NYG

Thoughs? One of Matthews or Lacey I hope will become good trade bait for a TE or reciever
Anyone? Bueller?

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Your WR's are all potentially questionable with production, injury, and age, but you will hit on enough of them to make it work. Jordan is going to produce this year. Think Gates in a Norv Turner offense. You might need one of your RB's to upgrade WR, but I think there is enough here to get it done.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 08-21-2013, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Le'Veon Bell has been diagnosed with a Lisfranc injury, and is out indefinitely. Rotoworld says it's probably around 4-6 weeks if he can avoid surgery, and that's a best-case scenario.

Sucks as a Steelers fan, sucks if you have him. Look for Redman or Dwyer if you need a replacement, but don't expect much out of either of them.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:36 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I think this is going to be a really tough year for the Steelers pretty much across the board. They have a very leaky OLine, Miller is out a while at TE, their D is aging in some spots, and I just don't see a ton of big plays. That was both with and without Bell, btw. The injury is unfortunate, but I was not high on any of the Steelers for fantasy really even before

Old 08-21-2013, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I think this is going to be a really tough year for the Steelers pretty much across the board. They have a very leaky OLine, Miller is out a while at TE, their D is aging in some spots, and I just don't see a ton of big plays. That was both with and without Bell, btw. The injury is unfortunate, but I was not high on any of the Steelers for fantasy really even before
I still think Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders do well, particularly in PPR formats. Those two guys will get a lot of targets based on the lack of talent else-where. With Miller out and Wallace gone, they both get more looks, and without Bell we're probably gonna have to throw more, running game looks to be anemic.

I'm expecting Brown to have 70-80 catches with 1,000 yards and 6-7 scores, while Sanders will have 60-70 catches, 800 yards and 5 scores. Sanders is going way too late, IMO.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:08 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

From a value perspective, I think Sanders is the better bet. I owned Brown last year, and he was okay, but not a solid WR2. If I got Brown as a WR3 (not likely), I'd be happy. I think Sanders can do okay as a WR3, but I'd rather him as a bench stash. All in all, I think the Steelers are going to be down, but others might not think so. That means guys like Brown and Sanders are going to go before I would consider taking them. I don't see many Steelers on any of my teams as a result

Old 08-21-2013, 02:11 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I only had Bell in one league where I already had Cj, Ridley, Bush and Bernard.

Still a disappointment, I'm not sure if I should cut him, try to trade him for anything, or just leave him
Old 08-21-2013, 02:23 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I only had Bell in one league where I already had Cj, Ridley, Bush and Bernard.

Still a disappointment, I'm not sure if I should cut him, try to trade him for anything, or just leave him
The dreaded lisfranc is a season ending injury. Unless it's a keeper league or dynasty, there's no reason to carry him.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Yeah, it used to be a career ender. Luckily, they have figured out ways to rehab where players can recover fully.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:44 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll have to look again, but I'm pretty sure a report said Bell's second opinion showed a torn ligament. I am not sure how or why the Steeler's would be "hopeful" he doesn't need surgery and could return in 4-6 weeks.

IDK, maybe it's too "real-time" and the 4-6 week stuff is already outdated.

Old 08-21-2013, 06:26 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
The dreaded lisfranc is a season ending injury. Unless it's a keeper league or dynasty, there's no reason to carry him.
Nfl.com is saying 6 weeks, I'm gonna keep him until I know for sure
Old 08-21-2013, 06:31 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Nfl.com is saying 6 weeks, I'm gonna keep him until I know for sure
Lacanfora reporting 6-8. IDK . . . I guess if the roster is good enough, but I can't see it being worth it when you won't see him 100% upon his return for a good two weeks. So you're basically holding him 10 weeks - through a whole slew of bye weeks - in the hopes that he'll beast coming back from an injury that generally takes a full year to recover 100%.

There's certainly a good 10 days to be sure before dropping him. It's not something you have to do today.

Old 08-21-2013, 06:33 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Can anybody really sell me on the Bears not being the #1 DST off the board?

I have snagged them in both my MFL10 leagues in round 12 as the 3rd DST off the board. ???

Old 08-21-2013, 06:41 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

talent wise they aren't as good as SF or SEA but they do play in the snow
Old 08-21-2013, 06:52 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Bell out, is Stephens-howling going to get some carries? He's gotta be better than Dwyer.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:53 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Lacanfora reporting 6-8. IDK . . . I guess if the roster is good enough, but I can't see it being worth it when you won't see him 100% upon his return for a good two weeks. So you're basically holding him 10 weeks - through a whole slew of bye weeks - in the hopes that he'll beast coming back from an injury that generally takes a full year to recover 100%.

There's certainly a good 10 days to be sure before dropping him. It's not something you have to do today.
Yeah I have

QB: Stafford
RB: Stevan Ridley, Chris Johnson, Reggie Bush, Giovani Bernard, DeAngelo Williams, Shane Vereen, Le'Veon Bell
WR: Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, DeSean Jackson
TE: Greg Olsen

Unless there's a setback, I'd probably rather just stash him at the bottom of my roster than have someone else sign him and play him against me come playoff time.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:58 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Can anybody really sell me on the Bears not being the #1 DST off the board?

I have snagged them in both my MFL10 leagues in round 12 as the 3rd DST off the board. ???
They'll put up good defensive points just because of the players they have. I don't like taking Ds early, but I guess at that selections its not really early.

My major concern is Lovie Smith - gone. Rod Marinelli - gone. Dave Toub - gone.

I don't know if I trust Mel Tucker with the personnel they have.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:11 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

It's the same team. Urlacher is a HOF stud but he was way past his prime. Bostic looks pretty damn good so far and doesn't look like he'll be a big downgrade from 2011/12 Urlacher.

I'm sure they will have a hard time matching the monstrous TD total they had but I just don't see the dropoff knocking them out of DST1.

Old 08-21-2013, 08:17 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It's the same team. Urlacher is a HOF stud but he was way past his prime. Bostic looks pretty damn good so far and doesn't look like he'll be a big downgrade from 2011/12 Urlacher.

I'm sure they will have a hard time matching the monstrous TD total they had but I just don't see the dropoff knocking them out of DST1.
It may be the same team, but are they still running the same scheme? Mel Tucker is a far downgrade, and we'll see about special teams but we've already seen what Toub is doing in KC with 2 returns for tds in the preseason.

I'm never going to be the first team to draft a defense, so it doesn't really matter to me who's #1