Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Old 08-21-2013, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Idk if its fair per se...
How? Two 30-year old pitchers being swapped. Nearly identical on ESPN's player rater for the year.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:14 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
How? Two 30-year old pitchers being swapped. Nearly identical on ESPN's player rater for the year.
One is a RP who is unlikely to help Fenikz overcome a 14 save deficit for one roto point, and is certainly not going to help him overcome a 26 save deficit for any more than 2 roto points the rest of the way, and the other could seriously help you maintain the lead in WHIP, take the lead in ERA and could help you in Wins the rest of the way, so it's not great.

However, it's not veto the trade unfair or even be upset about it unfair. It's just clearly a better trade for you than Fenikz.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys, the trade obviously wasn't made with this season in mind for either of us.

Perkins is a legit Top 10 closer this season and there's no reason he won't be next year too. I very nearly didn't accept this trade because I'm not sure I trust Liriano's crazy career rejuvenation at age 30.

Last edited by Xiomera : 08-21-2013 at 09:18 PM.
Xiomera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:19 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Guys, the trade obviously wasn't made with this season in mind for either of us.
That makes it worse, IMO. I'm second in saves, and I got all of my non-Kimbrel saves from the waiver wire. Closers are far too volatile to consider equal in value to starters, especially with future seasons in mind. All it would take is one fire sale from the Twins to make Perkins entirely useless in fantasy baseball.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
That makes it worse, IMO. I'm second in saves, and I got all of my non-Kimbrel saves from the waiver wire. Closers are far too volatile to consider equal in value to starters, especially with future seasons in mind. All it would take is one fire sale from the Twins to make Perkins entirely useless in fantasy baseball.
I doubt you'll have nearly as much luck finding enough saves to place decently in the category relying on free agent adds in a league this deep.

In a 10-team league with normal sized rosters, sure. But anybody who might even sniff saves is usually owned long before they actually get a chance at them in a dynasty league like this.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:29 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Quote:
I doubt you'll have nearly as much luck finding enough saves to place decently in the category relying on free agent adds in a league this deep.

In a 10-team league with normal sized rosters, sure. But anybody who might even sniff saves is usually owned long before they actually get a chance at them in a dynasty league like this.
And yet, here I am with 7 closers on my squad, 5 of which spent half the season on the waiver wire. I've picked up 81 saves this year so far on players I didn't draft.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
And yet, here I am with 7 closers on my squad, 5 of which spent half the season on the waiver wire. I've picked up 81 saves this year so far on players I didn't draft.
Well I don't know. Good work. It doesn't appear that anyone else was nearly so successful.

I've been shopping my closers all fricken season and fenikz was the lone person to inquire at all. He's also been firmly in second place for a while, so he has to know what he's doing.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:36 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Well I don't know. Good work. It doesn't appear that anyone else was nearly so successful.

I've been shopping my closers all fricken season and fenikz was the lone person to inquire at all. He's also been firmly in second place for a while, so he has to know what he's doing.
Not when it comes to finding saves. ;)

My only point is that closers are not as valuable as you're making them out to be, even if they're fairly well established.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:29 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm in for next year. I was hit hard with injuries early which really hurt, and I'm short on pitching, but I'm still fighting for 3rd.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:54 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Perkins is a legit Top 10 closer this season and there's no reason he won't be next year too. I very nearly didn't accept this trade because I'm not sure I trust Liriano's crazy career rejuvenation at age 30.
He has to rely on a bad team to get him the lead to even have his shot at getting a save.

Sure he has 29 this year but that could easily tumble next on that team.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:51 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
He has to rely on a bad team to get him the lead to even have his shot at getting a save.

Sure he has 29 this year but that could easily tumble next on that team.
I think you guys are underestimating the value of relievers with tiny ERA and WHIP and a lot of Ks. Being a top closer isn't just about the number of saves.

He's the 10th best reliever this year for fantasy (ignore Iwakuma): http://games.espn.go.com/flb/playerr...tCategoryId=15
Old 08-22-2013, 10:45 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I picked Lirano off the waiver wire, not like you cant find starters there too
Old 08-22-2013, 10:53 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think you guys are underestimating the value of relievers with tiny ERA and WHIP and a lot of Ks. Being a top closer isn't just about the number of saves.

He's the 10th best reliever this year for fantasy (ignore Iwakuma): http://games.espn.go.com/flb/playerr...tCategoryId=15
Sure an last year he was 27th. He did take over for Capps but still.

I am just saying that you won the deal. Fenikz wasn't screwed but its still weighted in your favor.

Fenikz also knows what he is doing so its not like I am going to ***** and say you trade raped him. Just stating that it does favor you.

Although Lirano could fall back to nothingness next year so its all a crapshoot.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Sure an last year he was 27th. He did take over for Capps but still.
Liriano was a pile of dog **** last year ... and the year before ... and the year before.

I really can't believe we have to have this conversation at all.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:14 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Liriano was a pile of dog **** last year ... and the year before ... and the year before.

I really can't believe we have to have this conversation at all.
Dude... I am not arguing with you. I am just claiming if things stay the same into the future you are the winner of the trade.

Hence why I said Liriano can regress to the pile of human excrement he was after the Tommy John surgery.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Braves: Quit ******* around so I can DL Heyward and pick someone up.
Old 08-22-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not to mention I have Bradley, Walker & Zimmer likely coming up next year :)

Wainwright
Fernandez
Corbin
Latos
Gonzalez
Wilson
Halladay(meh)
Lincecum(meh)
Peavy(meh)

I think I'll be fine

Last edited by fenikz : 08-22-2013 at 01:38 PM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I win!

Thanks for playing, guys. Wish you all would have even tried.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:54 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

I'll accept third place this year. I had a strong second half in this league.

My odd lack of Ws hopefully will not be something that repeats itself.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:59 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take 4th place considering how prospect laden I went(early) in the draft. Not a bad starting point and just build from there. Lol the prospect I took early got hurt to ugh

I like the young pitching depth I have going forward. Cobb was probably my top FA pickup.

I'll also never draft Brandon Morrow in any leagues ever again. I hate that guy
Old 10-01-2013, 08:51 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

I'd just like to remind everyone that you let me get Puig at the end of Spring Training.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:18 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's ok I still got Trout!
Old 10-01-2013, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
I'd just like to remind everyone that you let me get Puig at the end of Spring Training.
I got Matt Carpenter as a free agent. He's a damn stud.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:52 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

That one pissed me off. Carpenter was huge for me in a few leagues. Love that position eligibility
Old 01-23-2014, 03:18 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Baby come back!