Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 02:05 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heard the Rams ran some plays out of the pistol formation. Interesting.

Also, it sounds like Tavon will be lined up in the backfield a few times this season.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:36 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Heard the Rams ran some plays out of the pistol formation. Interesting.

Also, it sounds like Tavon will be lined up in the backfield a few times this season.
Statement #2 is the cause to Statement #1's effect.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:01 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't agree with B. Jones being a 2nd round pick if healthy. I think he goes in the 4th round regardless. He's a smart versatile player but he's not dominate in any one area, just average in all areas.
I agree...but with his work ethic, he will play above his head. I also think the fact that he is used to success is a great asset coming in. I see him being a great teammate and lunchpailer that you are really glad you have in a time of need.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:18 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really excited about the mismatches that we will be able to create this year. Usually in a 3 wide formation defenses would play nickel and put a Safety on the RB and a LB on the TE, or vice versa. If we run Cook at TE and Austin out of the backfield, that is two mismatches that we win...I will take both of those guys over any LB or safety in the league. Send Cook in motion out wide and now you essentially have a LB playing corner.

I still think the guy who can really break things open for us is Quick though. Teams have been able to effectively doubleteam Givens without much consequence. If Quick starts making them pay for it, now you have to leave one of them in single coverage. Do you go one on one with the big, physical receiver or the guy that can run by everyone?

This is where it all comes down to Schottenheimer. We have the pieces to keep defenses off balance, and really make them pay. Now it's up to the design team to create and execute. I think he is up to the task. There has been a lot of criticism of Schotty from his time with the Jets, but he never had these kinds of toys there.

God I'm excited for this year! Gonna see if I can score me some tickets to the Seahawks game week 17 again. Could be for a playoff spot this year:-)
Old 08-09-2013, 06:06 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Richardson came to play tonight. Pead had that costly fumble on the first drive which had to annoy Coach Fisher just a tad (even though he did have a good game after that) I like what I saw with Stacy. Seems to see hole, hit hole. And that's usually a problem with younger backs, to much dancing around behind the line of scrimmage.

And the 4th Runningback in this race Cunningham is a massive Human being. Wouldn't surprise me at all if this team kept Four RBs and just five WRs. I like how we have two quick shifty backs and two bulldozing backs.

I like what I saw from the first team offense, Sam looked GOOD. And he had enough time to make plays. Pettis and Austin had a drop each. So Sam really could of been 7/8 for roughly 120 or so yards. Cookie lined up as an outside Receiver on one play, with Pettis and Austin on the inside. I think Givens has a little bit of a chip on his shoulder, everyone is talking about these new weapons for Sam, while Givens continues to show that he is a legitimate threat downfield. Love how he WANTS to get better, talking about what he's learned from Isaac and Torry and how much they've meant to him. Isaac suggested that Givens make a list of things he would like to be remembered by when his career is over. Givens made up a list and has it in his wallet and looks at it everyday. Might be the guy I target in my fantasy draft.

Stedman and Quick worked on the 2nd team but I really don't think that's going to be for long, both I think are better options than Pettis. Quick looked more physical and I like the way he came back to the ball. And I absolutely love the Way Stedman uses his hands to catch the football. Torry Holt said on the telecast that Stedman reminded him of himself. If he becomes half the receiver Torry Holt was, I'll be very happy.

Hopefully Saffold is ok, he really needs to stay healthy.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:56 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

I just watched the game on my DVR. Before I give my $.02, can I just say that Bernie Kosar is one of the worst commentators I have ever had the displeasure of spending a game with? He had next to nothing good to say about anyone. Anytime a guy made a nice play he discounted it because this is preseason and the defenses are using vanilla coverages and packages that you would never see in the regular season. He had little knowledge on any of the young players, and just kind of said "whatever" with complete disinterest whenever the play-by-play guy brought positive comments about a guy. Talk about a buzzkill for my football-is-finally-here excitement:-(

Sam looked great. He threw the ball dead nuts and the game looked slower for him. I was really happy to see that.

Daryl Richardson did come to play. I like the energy he brought to the game. I think he is going to have a great year.

Pead stunk, but I really feel for the guy. I think he just needs to calm down and go have fun. I seemed obvious to me that he was playing with heavy burden for last season's failures. I hope they can talk him through it because it all appears mental to me, and he can really bring good things to this team if he gets it figured out.

Givens is a stud. Enough said.

I was very pleased with what I saw from Quick, other than the sideline route that slipped through his hands (and Bernie was right; he has to make that catch. Fuckyou anyway Bernie). He looked much more polished and comfortable out there.

I was disappointed that we didn't get much from Austin, but I think that was more by design than anything. We weren't showing anything special. I'm not worried about Austin at all. I think he will bring it come September.

Bailey looks very good as well. I couldn't be happier with him. Pettis didn't look very good at all, which was a bit of a surprise after hearing all Spring how great he has been. I would like to see 80 catches and 6 TDs between these two guys this year.

Stacy and Cunningham are both beasts. I hope we keep them both. I also like Lutzenkirchen. He isn't spectacular (although that sideline catch at the end of the game was beautiful). I just think he plays hard and you get everything he has.

The defense was very vanilla. I think Fisher came out on defense exactly how he wanted to...injury-free. Ogletree looked a bit lost; it seemed pretty clear that he is still thinking a lot. McGee demonstrated why he was a 5th round pick rather than a 2nd. He might be fast, but he looked a step behind in coverage all night.

Finally, I am drafting Zeurlein again for my fantasy team:-)
Old 08-12-2013, 06:02 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
SI's Peter King says he has "not seen a better offensive weapon" this summer than Jared Cook. Per King, the Rams "don’t know quite why" Cook caught only 44 passes with the Titans last season. The implication being, fantasy owners weren't the only ones miffed at Tennessee's usage of its talented tight end. Although Cook's camp reports have been nothing but glowing — and suggest he could be a high-end TE1 — he has generated hype before only to fall flat on his face. The difference this time around, however, is that his coaching staff is intent on making him a focal point of the offense. Aug 12 - 9:23 AM
I hope he plays up to his potential. Cook sounds like a monster.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:11 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hope he plays up to his potential. Cook sounds like a monster.
Agreed. With Givens taking the top off the defense and Austin working the short zones from the slot, I gotta believe that J. Cook is going to be catching a lot of balls by running seam routes and the intermediate stuff.

He is versatile enough to line up just about anywhere and this will make it hard for the defense to double team or bracket him.

Plus, I have read that he and Sam have been working well together and are developing a pretty good chemistry already.

Cook just might blow up this year and a lot of people are going to be shocked. And, some will wonder where he has been all these years.

Heh....waiting to play with a QB like Sam!!

WHAT SAY YE?
Old 08-16-2013, 04:50 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Jo-Lonn Dunbar suspended 4 games for failing a PED test. The Witherspoon signing looks really good now, doesn't it?

I like the fact that Fisher came right out and said that it was a PED test, and that he was extremely disappointed in Dunbar. Hopefully it sends a clear message to everyone that he isn't fuckingaround. Players love playing for Fisher, but he isn't a pushover, and he has their respect. I love having him as my team's coach.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:04 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

It was kind of a boring game but it's to be expected. Some positives and some negatives this game versus the packers.....

Positives:

Sam Bradford:
- Some beautiful throws in this game but the throw that everyone will remember is the throw to a wide open Tavon Austin for a touchdown that he overthrew. A great throw to Richardson out of the backfield and a bomb to Givens.

Jared Cook:
-Only one catch but we saw why the Rams and everyone else have been raving about this guy, his catch and 30+ yard run got me really excited.

Chris Givens:
Is there any doubt now that this guy is our #1 Receiver? just shows up every game and produces. I'm expecting a 1,000 yard year from him.

Ray-Ray Armstrong:
- Really starting to like Ray-Ray, I love his nasty demeanor.

Negatives:

Isaiah Pead:
- I feel for Isaiah, I thought he had a great opportunity coming into camp but he just never gave the coaches any reason to not go with Richardson. Softli mentioned on 101 that Pead could get traded before the season starts, which I don't know if I would like, but I could certainly see it.

Alec Ogletree:
- This dudes talent is through the roof, you can see that on the field. But he probably missed a good five tackles in one half of football against the Packers. It was a problem he had at Georgia which was the main reason I thought he was a second day pick and not a first.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:47 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
It was kind of a boring game but it's to be expected. Some positives and some negatives this game versus the packers.....

Positives:

Sam Bradford:
- Some beautiful throws in this game but the throw that everyone will remember is the throw to a wide open Tavon Austin for a touchdown that he overthrew. A great throw to Richardson out of the backfield and a bomb to Givens.

Jared Cook:
-Only one catch but we saw why the Rams and everyone else have been raving about this guy, his catch and 30+ yard run got me really excited.

Chris Givens:
Is there any doubt now that this guy is our #1 Receiver? just shows up every game and produces. I'm expecting a 1,000 yard year from him.

Ray-Ray Armstrong:
- Really starting to like Ray-Ray, I love his nasty demeanor.

Negatives:

Isaiah Pead:
- I feel for Isaiah, I thought he had a great opportunity coming into camp but he just never gave the coaches any reason to not go with Richardson. Softli mentioned on 101 that Pead could get traded before the season starts, which I don't know if I would like, but I could certainly see it.

Alec Ogletree:
- This dudes talent is through the roof, you can see that on the field. But he probably missed a good five tackles in one half of football against the Packers. It was a problem he had at Georgia which was the main reason I thought he was a second day pick and not a first.
Yes it was boring, very vanilla on both sides of the ball. I am not worried in the least that this is the team we should expect to see when the regular season starts.

Sam looks great. I am really pleased with his progress, especially considering all the new faces he is throwing to. He is proving to be one of the more accurate passers in the game. I love what he has with Givens. Richardson is showing that he can do it all.

I got the feeling that Austin was nervous. He did a lot of dancing, a lot of indecision. I think he will look a lot more comfortable as we get closer to the season. And I think it is just the beginning for Cook. He has everything you look for in a TE. I think we could have a great duo with him and Kendricks, if he could just get healthy. If not, it's not the end of the world. We are drafting Austun Seferian-Jenkins next year anyway:-)

I wouldn't mind seeing us trade away Pead. He obviously has the talent, but he is showing us very little. Sometimes a change of scenery can turn around 2 careers. The 49ers and Chiefs just traded 1st round WR's in hopes of doing exactly that.

Can I just come out right now and suggest that backup QB should be a priority in next year's draft? Clemens sucks big donkeydicks. Davis shows flashes, but he isn't a whole lot better. The hope with a backup QB is that he can pull of a win or two in the event that your starter goes down. I don't think either of these guys could beat very many teams right now.

We only saw one real play with the rookie receiver Helmick, but I want to see more. I saw a bit of Amendola in him. I also like Radway, although he doesn't have the burst of Helmick or Johnson.

Brian Quick made another nice catch. I would really like to see him get some work with the 1's to see what he can do.

I hope Gerald Rivers makes the team. He was all over the place. I like his burst to the QB. Anyone else see a bit of Leonard Little in his pass rush? I also like Rodney McLeod. He was very active and made some nice plays.

10 days until college football starts. South Carolina vs North Carolina to kick off the season. Which brings me to the question that has been swirling around my brain for a while now...and I know that this is more than likely wishful thinking...but let's just say for the sake of argument, the Redskins end up falling apart this year and we end up with the #1 pick...Clowney? Yes? No? Trade down and pick up another huge bounty?
Old 08-20-2013, 03:54 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Oh, and one more thing...I read an article the other day that said Orlando Pace will be eligible for the Hall of Fame a year early, in 2014. Think he makes it on the first ballot? What about Warner, Bruce and Holt, who will all be eligible in 2015? I think Pace and Warner both get in first ballot, while Bruce gets in but will have to wait 5-10 years. If Holt gets in it will be on the Senior ballot.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
Oh, and one more thing...I read an article the other day that said Orlando Pace will be eligible for the Hall of Fame a year early, in 2014. Think he makes it on the first ballot? What about Warner, Bruce and Holt, who will all be eligible in 2015? I think Pace and Warner both get in first ballot, while Bruce gets in but will have to wait 5-10 years. If Holt gets in it will be on the Senior ballot.
Yeah I think Pace, Warner and Bruce will all make it. I'm not sure about Torry though, it may take awhile.

Speaking of Torry, He's the new nfl insider for 101 espn. Should be interesting. I think he always will be my favorite Ram.

So who you guys got winning the other WR slot?

I think it's between Pettis, Quick and Stedman. I'm going with Bailey.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:09 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah I think Pace, Warner and Bruce will all make it. I'm not sure about Torry though, it may take awhile.

Speaking of Torry, He's the new nfl insider for 101 espn. Should be interesting. I think he always will be my favorite Ram.

I think the Rams will start the season with Pettis at the other WR spot opposite C. Givens.

Look for B. Quick to start rotating with Pettis in the first quarter of the year and then start getting the majority of the reps as the year moves on.

I just don't see S. Bailey getting much playing time this year. Well, unless of course the injury bug rears its ugly head.

WHAT SAY YE?
Old 08-20-2013, 09:38 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkyRamsFan View Post
[/b]

I think the Rams will start the season with Pettis at the other WR spot opposite C. Givens.

Look for B. Quick to start rotating with Pettis in the first quarter of the year and then start getting the majority of the reps as the year moves on.

I just don't see S. Bailey getting much playing time this year. Well, unless of course the injury bug rears its ugly head.

WHAT SAY YE?
Stedman has been way more consistent than Quick all throughout camp. I know people want to see Quick live up to his draft position, and I fully expect him to improve but I look at next year as his breakout season.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:37 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cook can't block that why he wasn't used much last year by the titans and last year was the 1st year he really showed promising flashes still will have his drops here and there, but how has the human wrecking ball looked so far aka Zac Stacey?

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
Old 08-21-2013, 01:07 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:

Oh, and just for the record...whenever it is that Warner makes it in, I'm going. They will all be there. I have been talking about going to the Hall for a long time now, and I'm still pissed at myself for not going when Marshall got inducted.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:38 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

Quote:
Stedman has been way more consistent than Quick all throughout camp. I know people want to see Quick live up to his draft position, and I fully expect him to improve but I look at next year as his breakout season.
Bailey has had a decent camp for a rookie but I am not sure where you are hearing that he has out shined Brian Quick. From what I have read Bailey has had his moments but he is nowhere near being named starter at this point.

Like I said I believe Pettis will start the season with the 1's and then Quick will be rotated in and eventually replace him. I'm sure Stedman Bailey will have a role someplace but it won't be in the starting lineup, unless, of course the injury monster makes his presence felt.

WHAT SAY YE?
Old 08-22-2013, 02:18 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

I think Fisher will give Bailey, Quick and Pettis all a lot of opportunity to separate themselves from the pack this week. I am personally hoping that Quick steps up. In the long run he is the most talented and physically gifted of the group.
Old 08-23-2013, 04:49 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wouldn't be shocked if Pettis opens the season as the starter, though I think the Rams will rotate heavily between he and Quick and Bailey while allowing Givens and Austin to probably lead the unit in snaps.

Quote:
Bailey has had a decent camp for a rookie but I am not sure where you are hearing that he has out shined Brian Quick. From what I have read Bailey has had his moments but he is nowhere near being named starter at this point.
Quoting ESPN on August 12th:

Quote:
Rookie receiver Stedman Bailey had another strong practice in what is now turning into a long line of them. He was essentially perfect in one-on-one drills and continued to get open and catch everything thrown his way in team drills. It remains to be seen if he can do it against the top corners but he’s having his way with the backups on a regular basis.
Obviously it doesn't go so far as to say he's outshined Quick, but I haven't heard Brian receiving this level of praise so far.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:31 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
I wouldn't be shocked if Pettis opens the season as the starter, though I think the Rams will rotate heavily between he and Quick and Bailey while allowing Givens and Austin to probably lead the unit in snaps.

Quoting ESPN on August 12th:

Obviously it doesn't go so far as to say he's outshined Quick, but I haven't heard Brian receiving this level of praise so far.

That is because Quick has been playing against the starting corners of the 1st string defense. I agree that Bailey has had his moments but they have for the most part come against the 2nd and 3rd string corners of our back up defense.

And a number of those guys that Bailey shined against won't be staying with the Rams after cut down day.

Let's look at it another way. We know, of course, that we will have 5 OL and Sam on the field all the time. Fish will make sure a RB (D. Rich or Pead) will also be on the field because I highly doubt he will want to go with an empty backfield look.

We also know that Jared Cook will be on the field in all formations. So will Chris Givens for that matter. This totals 9 on the field constants for the offense. This leaves only 2 "open" or variable positions left to fill. Then we must factor in Lance Kendricks and the fact that he was on the field for about 90% of plays last year.This only leaves between one and two openings depending if the Rams want to go with the "12" formation or with only 1 TE.

I believe that these openings will be filled by a combination of Tayvon Austin, Austin Pettis, and Brian Quick. Tayvon brings speed and big play ability. Quick brings size and athleticism and Austin Pettis brings size and experience.

I just see Stedman Bailey as the odd man out at this time.

Of course, that could all change by next year but for this year it looks to me like the Stedman will be doing a lot of watching.

WHAT SAY YE?
Old 08-24-2013, 08:51 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
That is because Quick has been playing against the starting corners of the 1st string defense.
Not exclusively.

Quote:
I agree that Bailey has had his moments but they have for the most part come against the 2nd and 3rd string corners of our back up defense.

And a number of those guys that Bailey shined against won't be staying with the Rams after cut down day.
All a player can do is do their best against the opposition they've been assigned to face. Stedman is doing that consistently and it's being noticed. I'd like to see what he does against higher level talent, but that's not for me to decide.

It doesn't change the fact that I've not read similar praise from outside observers about how Quick is consistently dominating the back-ups when he's had to face them. The reports we're reading typically fall into the category of, "He's improving, but he still has work to do."

The differences between Quick and Bailey couldn't be any more pronounced, both in terms of their physical attributes but also the preparation level upon entering the league. Bailey may be running against back ups, but everything I've read suggests he's much further along from a technique and consistency standpoint than Quick is.

That may earn him more time than you think this season.

Quote:
Then we must factor in Lance Kendricks and the fact that he was on the field for about 90% of plays last year.
Well, that was last year, and it was closer to 80% (875/1084 snaps). A lot has changed since then.

I think Kendricks is going to be the guy who feels the pain the most in terms of new additions affecting his playing time. He's lost his starting gig to Cook, and frankly, I think the Rams will run more three-wide stuff than they will 12 personnel this year.

He'll have a role, but I'll be very surprised if Kendricks breaks 600 snaps this season. I think his 2013 ceiling in terms of playing time is right at the Delaine Walker/Randy McMichael from last year, if that.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:27 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Big game tonight....or as big as your going to get for a preseason matchup. I would like to see the starters play in to the 3rd Quarter. And I know this is probably just me...but I want to see Quick and Bailey on the outside with Tavon in the slot. We already know what Givens brings to the table, same can be said for Pettis....let the other two battle it out tonight against the opposing teams first string.

I'm going 31/11 for Bradford this season.

Last edited by holt_bruce81 : 08-24-2013 at 12:33 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:37 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Kinda disappointed that Brian Quick didn't get into the game until all the "scrubs" were in. Like I said before, we know what Pettis is, time to let Quick and/or Bailey show us what they can do with the first unit.

First team played really well, we don't have much depth though. I'd be hitting the waiver wire for a backup Quarterback as soon as preseason ends.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:37 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Few questions I got...

1. Who will lead the team in Receiving yards?
2. Will Daryl Richardson see more than 210 rushing attempts this season?
3. Will Brian Quick catch more than 30 balls?
4. Over/under Tavon Austin 1,000 combined yards (not including Returns)
5. over/under Sam Bradford 30 Touchdowns