Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 08-21-2013, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I get:
DT

They get:

Mark Ingram
DBowe

My other WRs are Cobb, Randle, Broyles and Wheaton. I'm considering it as DT is a sure thing and I have three stud backs in Spiller, Shady and McCoy. Should I do it.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:14 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I'd say it's an upgrade for a back that will never get playing time for you anyway. Definitely.

That being said, I'm big on Bowe this year. Think he is gonna grab 10 TDs.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:18 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DT is safer than Bowe, Bowe has 0 catches this season and if Smith only checks the ball down to TEs and RBs, it could be a poor season for Bowe
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:59 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB: Carson Palmer
RB: Doug Martin, Stevan Ridley,David Wilson, Lamar Miler, Giovani Bernard, Ben Tate
WR: Brandon Marshall, Marques Colston, Danny Amendola, T.Y. Hilton, Kenny Britt
TE: Rob Gronkowski
K: Josh Brown
D: St. Louis

I am ok with this, I have a lot of potential in my runningbacks, I was close to getting Eli Manning instead of Bernard, but I didnt stray from value and wound up w this. Im hoping to trade away Amendola and a RB for a better WR3 or just a RB for a QB

Edit:
standard yahoo

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:

Last edited by BaLLiN : 08-22-2013 at 03:10 AM.
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:25 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I get:
DT

They get:

Mark Ingram
DBowe

My other WRs are Cobb, Randle, Broyles and Wheaton. I'm considering it as DT is a sure thing and I have three stud backs in Spiller, Shady and McCoy. Should I do it.
If that DT is Demaryius Thomas, then run to hit the accept button right now. Shady and McCoy? I know that's a typo, but who is your 3rd stud RB? Not that it matters. Easy accept, IMO.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:35 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
QB: Carson Palmer
RB: Doug Martin, Stevan Ridley,David Wilson, Lamar Miler, Giovani Bernard, Ben Tate
WR: Brandon Marshall, Marques Colston, Danny Amendola, T.Y. Hilton, Kenny Britt
TE: Rob Gronkowski
K: Josh Brown
D: St. Louis

I am ok with this, I have a lot of potential in my runningbacks, I was close to getting Eli Manning instead of Bernard, but I didnt stray from value and wound up w this. Im hoping to trade away Amendola and a RB for a better WR3 or just a RB for a QB

Edit:
standard yahoo
OK? This is an insanely good team. How big is this league? If its anything above 8, you got some tremendous value with your picks. In a 12 team league, which I'm used to, you have 8 top 5 rd guys in Martin, Ridley, Wilson, Miller, Marshall, Colston, Amendola, and Gronk. Bernard has been close to that range, as well. Good job. Hilton and Britt are great depth at WR. If someone needs a RB and WR, I wouldn't hesitate to package a couple of your guys for an upgrade at QB if you can do so.

Last edited by farfromforgotten : 08-22-2013 at 05:37 AM.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:09 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So it doesn't look like RG3 will see any game action until the regular season starts. So would you start him vs the Eagles or Sam Bradford vs the Cardinals?
Old 08-22-2013, 06:32 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

double post.

Last edited by holt_bruce81 : 08-22-2013 at 06:35 AM.
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:13 AM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
So it doesn't look like RG3 will see any game action until the regular season starts. So would you start him vs the Eagles or Sam Bradford vs the Cardinals?
Im pretty conservative in these type of situations, but for what its worth I would start Bradford. Even if RG3 is completely cleared to play, I would assume that the Skins would somewhat ease him in to action as much as possible. Furthermore Bradford got a pretty decent match up at home vs a Cardinals defense that lost their great coordinator, is missing their best player due to suspension, and have some question marks in their secondary.
Im pretty sure youŽll at least get some solid production from Bradford, and in week 1 Ill gladly take that instead of gambling on a player coming back from injury, and seeing his first action of the season.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
If that DT is Demaryius Thomas, then run to hit the accept button right now. Shady and McCoy? I know that's a typo, but who is your 3rd stud RB? Not that it matters. Easy accept, IMO.
Sorry. Meant to put Al Morris.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Bowe owner...I'd rather DT. But I believe this pre-season will have no bearing on Bowe's season.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:00 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu_22 View Post
Im pretty conservative in these type of situations, but for what its worth I would start Bradford. Even if RG3 is completely cleared to play, I would assume that the Skins would somewhat ease him in to action as much as possible. Furthermore Bradford got a pretty decent match up at home vs a Cardinals defense that lost their great coordinator, is missing their best player due to suspension, and have some question marks in their secondary.
Im pretty sure youŽll at least get some solid production from Bradford, and in week 1 Ill gladly take that instead of gambling on a player coming back from injury, and seeing his first action of the season.
I agree with the conservative approach. If the Skins-Eagles were playing on Sunday and you had an easy call to make, it would be far easier. Problem is with Monday night, you have absolutely no idea and could end up totally stuck.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:56 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eagles defense is bad. They have no secondary. I know that I'm starting RG3 week one.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:01 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Havent seen much talk about Russel Wilson. Whats everyones thoughts on him this year? Going really late at this point but a guy that was the #4 QB in my league last year for the second half of the season. I know he lost Harvin but he put up those numbers last year without Harvin.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiG View Post
Havent seen much talk about Russel Wilson. Whats everyones thoughts on him this year? Going really late at this point but a guy that was the #4 QB in my league last year for the second half of the season. I know he lost Harvin but he put up those numbers last year without Harvin.
I have a tough time getting behind a guy that isn't very likely to reach 200 yards passing on a weekly basis. His rushing it great but he is very limited in a run-first attack. I think his value in right in most drafts, as he's not a good bet for the 20+ point games you need from a QB1. That's why he is a QB2.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like Wilson, but I just end up liking guys with higher upside more.

You can win with Wilson, and if you wait you'll get one heck of a QB for his price tag
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:50 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

10 team standard yahoo league picking 5th, thoughts?

QB: Big Ben, Alex Smith
RB: Shady, Forte, Lamar Millar, Daryl Richardson
WR: Fitz, VJax, Torrey Smith, Golden Tate, Greg Jennings, Kenbrell Thompkins
TE: Jordan Cameron
D/ST: Hou
K: Randy Bullock

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post

Decent RB depth but damn I love your WR's.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I need some advice with my keepers (draft is tomorrow).

I have five guys I want to keep but can only keep three of them, and I'm stuck deciding between

Aaron Rodgers
Dez Bryant
Alfred Morris
Gronk
Marshall

The first three are what I was contemplating going with, Marhsall is a bit older and I'm not sure Gronk stays healthy or comes back early enough to be keeper worthy for me (although down the road it may help me in the following years).

Anyone want to persuade me to stick with that decision or sway me to someone else would be much appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:22 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Solid. Excellent depth at RB and WR. I'd ditch Alex Smith for another TE. I like what I'm seeing from Cleveland's offense and Cameron, but they played two quarters worth against to mediocre DSTs. If there's a good TE on the wire I'd rather have depth there than Alex Smith. If Sudfeld didn't get drafted get him asap.

I'd be shopping a package (WR + QB) for a QB upgrade, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
So I need some advice with my keepers (draft is tomorrow).

I have five guys I want to keep but can only keep three of them, and I'm stuck deciding between

Aaron Rodgers
Dez Bryant
Alfred Morris
Gronk
Marshall

The first three are what I was contemplating going with, Marhsall is a bit older and I'm not sure Gronk stays healthy or comes back early enough to be keeper worthy for me (although down the road it may help me in the following years).

Anyone want to persuade me to stick with that decision or sway me to someone else would be much appreciated.
Gronk has been 5th round and now there's more negative press that will decrease his value further. Cut him and redraft him (might take a 3rd with keepers involved) but the other 3 will get snapped up right away if they hit the draft pool.

Dez over Marshall for sure. Romo is locked up long term. The Bears could be in flux at QB next year. Plus, Dez is a better upside and long term talent.

Old 08-22-2013, 03:24 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Solid. Excellent depth at RB and WR. I'd ditch Alex Smith for another TE. I like what I'm seeing from Cleveland's offense and Cameron, but they played two quarters worth against to mediocre DSTs. If there's a good TE on the wire I'd rather have depth there than Alex Smith. If Sudfeld didn't get drafted get him asap.

I'd be shopping a package (WR + QB) for a QB upgrade, though.
If I could pull it off, which is feasible I think given the owner, Jennings and Smith for Luck?

Old 08-22-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
If I could pull it off, which is feasible I think given the owner, Jennings and Smith for Luck?
lmao @ the owner who'd give you Luck for that.

Old 08-22-2013, 03:32 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
lmao @ the owner who'd give you Luck for that.
The guy doesnt follow the game too much and took Crabtree and Brandon Lloyd, he's kinda desperate for WR lol.

Old 08-22-2013, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
The guy doesnt follow the game too much and took Crabtree and Brandon Lloyd, he's kinda desperate for WR lol.

Who is this guy and why is he not in my league.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:00 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Trade confirmed, Alex Smith and Jennings for Luck, upgrade success! And he is one of my friends who drifted away from the game a bit recently but wants to get back into it, so ended up taking a flyer on a couple of names he knew at WR