Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 08-22-2013, 03:32 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
Trade confirmed, Alex Smith and Jennings for Luck, upgrade success! And he is one of my friends who drifted away from the game a bit recently but wants to get back into it, so ended up taking a flyer on a couple of names he knew at WR
So you welcomed him back with some sweet, supple trade-rapin' . . . nice.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:43 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ha, kids gotta learn somehow!

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:26 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm in the midst of a 12-team, PPR draft. i have pick 10 and after 3 rounds have the following: marshawn lynch (1.10), aj green (2.05), vincent jackson (3.10).. i desperately need a rb and a run is forcing me to pick from these guys - here's how i have them ordered

1. Darren McFadden
2. Giovanni Bernard
3. Lamar Miller
4. Shane Vereen
5. Montee Ball

at this point i think Bernard is both the safest and highest upside. but is it too much of a reach?
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:31 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Take Bernard then in the 5th hope for Vereen (or Miller).
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:34 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually... maybe take McFadden and pray that Bernard is there. If he's not, Vereen or Miller should be there. If not, you're going to be weak at RB. Target guys like Daryl Richardson and maybe even Ronnie Hillman later. Maybe Ball.

I personally like McFadden this year, but I wouldn't take him over Bernard. So basically my second piece of advice was a risky strategy that might pay off if no one in your league takes Bernard before your pick in the 5th.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:05 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

someone just took Lacy @ 3.11 so i think gio is ok at this point
Old 08-22-2013, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you guys buying into Kenbrell Thompkins?

My WRs are Roddy White, Kendall Wright, Josh Gordan, Ryan Broyles, and Jeremy Kerley. I can only keep 5 WRs; is it worth dropping one of them (Kerley) for him?
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:38 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd drop Kerley for him in a heart beat. So much for Thompkins being a sleeper in my draft Sat...
Old 08-22-2013, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I actually got super impatient and made the move before you even replied ha. I'm not totally sold on him being legit, but Kerley is so inconsistent he'd never start for me anyway, so I'll take the chance on Thompkins' upside.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:00 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Edit Nevermind Already Replied
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:02 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So with Le'Veon Bell out for who knows how long.....Would you offer Decker and Michael Bush for Larry? is that even remotely fair?

My other RBs are...Trent, Ridley, Reggie Bush and Tate
Old 08-22-2013, 11:25 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
So with Le'Veon Bell out for who knows how long.....Would you offer Decker and Michael Bush for Larry? is that even remotely fair?

My other RBs are...Trent, Ridley, Reggie Bush and Tate
I don't think Bush carries much value really, he's a FA in nearly all of my 10 team leagues and I don't see him putting up any usable numbers unless Forte goes down
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:53 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

PSA: DeSean Jackson is approaching must-have territory...

He's now a boring veteran but there is A LOT to like for a big-time year.

I'm thinking of taking him at 4.12/5.01

In fact, here's my current plan:

1.01: AD

2.12: Fitz
3.01: David Wilson

4.12: McFadden
5.01: DeSean

6.12: Luck
7.01: Golden Tate

I'm also debating a strategy where I take AD at No. 1 and go WR-WR in the 2nd-3rd. I'd be scrambling for RBs but I don't mind guys like Bradshaw, Vereen, Richardson, DeAngelo etc. later in the draft. Especially since I could definitely get Vereen/McFadden or worst case Bradshaw/Mathews at the 4-5 turn. I just did a mock with this strategy and my WRs were insane with Julio/Fitz and RBs AD/McFadden. That 5th could be DJax or a RB (maybe Sproles, Mathews, Vereen).

And then there's the whole thing with Rodgers/Brees being there at 2.12 for me. I don't want to do it (I may be able to wait until 8.12 and still get Wilson, Luck, or Romo), but damn it's crazy to think I could start a team off with AD and then a top-2 QB.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:03 AM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

after taking Gio at 4.03 I ended up with Brady at 5.10 (value pick in my opinion) because all other value was awful. at 6.03 it was either reach for a WR, gamble on Vernon Davis, or grab another RB. I'm not particularly high on him for fantasy but I took Montee Ball. pick 63 is reasonable value for him in my opinion and I'm just hoping he battles Ronnie Hillman off. here's the 6th round so far.. did I get as good of a value as I think? I'm really beginning to like the value I got

6.01: Steve Smith, CAR
6.02: James Jones, GB
6.03: Montee Ball, DEN
6.04: Deangelo Williams, CAR
6.05: Cecil Shorts, JAX
Old 08-23-2013, 12:14 AM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

also, how early is to early to target Kenbrell Thompkins at this point? he seems to be locked in to the #2 WR spot for the Pats at this point and I may just take him at 7.10 or 8.03 if he even lasts that long
Old 08-23-2013, 12:15 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

You definitely should not have taken Brady there. You'll realize this when Luck, Wilson, and/or Romo are sitting there in the 8th.

Was DJax there? What RBs were there? I'm sure there were RBs more worthwhile to take there than Brady. Bradshaw or a flier on Mathews would have been better bang for your buck. Or T.Y. Hilton.

I wouldn't take Thompkins that high but if you want him, it's not a bad spot. I'd target Michael Floyd and Kenny Britt over him.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:17 AM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
You definitely should not have taken Brady there. You'll realize this when Luck, Wilson, and/or Romo are sitting there in the 8th.

Was DJax there? What RBs were there? I'm sure there were RBs more worthwhile to take there than Brady. Bradshaw or a flier on Mathews would have been better bang for your buck. Or T.Y. Hilton.
well I think Brady is at least 2 tiers above those guys, but it's just personal opinion. and no, Mathews and Bradshaw got taken in the 5th. the next best RB's were Mendenhall and Green-Ellis. I figured Ball had way higher upside. I'm also not high enough on T.Y. Hilton to take him in the early 6th. would much rather grab a RB with some shot at being a RB2/Flex considering I'd otherwise be banking my season on Gio being a RB2
Old 08-23-2013, 12:25 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Sounds like a competitive draft rather than BS mock drafts and all the stories where guys are getting Lacy in the 7th and Gio in the 8th.

I'd advise you to take Hilton if he's somehow there. The guy is going to be a stud. And if Richardson is somehow there you have to take him.

Ben Tate, Bernard Pierce, and Bryce Brown are good lotto tickets too. They may still be there.

I'd also consider BJGE and Hillman if they fall like crazy (which they should) in your situation. But I fear that both situations will be near 50/50 splits which will leave you with four sketchy backs rather than just the two you have now.

But you'll definitely notice the best value at QB upcoming. Sorry, but it's true.

In a competitive draft you just have to get your guys. Forget the rankings. If you want Michael Floyd or Chris Givens or Jared Cook - get them as soon as you can.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:57 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
QB: Carson Palmer
RB: Doug Martin, Stevan Ridley,David Wilson, Lamar Miler, Giovani Bernard, Ben Tate
WR: Brandon Marshall, Marques Colston, Danny Amendola, T.Y. Hilton, Kenny Britt
TE: Rob Gronkowski
K: Josh Brown
D: St. Louis

I am ok with this, I have a lot of potential in my runningbacks, I was close to getting Eli Manning instead of Bernard, but I didnt stray from value and wound up w this. Im hoping to trade away Amendola and a RB for a better WR3 or just a RB for a QB

Edit:
standard yahoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
OK? This is an insanely good team. How big is this league? If its anything above 8, you got some tremendous value with your picks. In a 12 team league, which I'm used to, you have 8 top 5 rd guys in Martin, Ridley, Wilson, Miller, Marshall, Colston, Amendola, and Gronk. Bernard has been close to that range, as well. Good job. Hilton and Britt are great depth at WR. If someone needs a RB and WR, I wouldn't hesitate to package a couple of your guys for an upgrade at QB if you can do so.
i like the team, and hope someone drops eli manning bc he's on a team w brady and luck so 3 abs. if that happens ill be set. im in a 10 person league

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:16 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Soooo I'm thinking about dropping Arizona's defense for one of the following players....

1. Isaac Redman (guy just dropped him a few days ago, doubt I can get him (9th in waiver order)
2. Larod Stephens-Howling
3. Lance Dunbar
4. Christine Michael
5. Latavius Murray
6. Zac Stacy

I don't have DeMarco, Skittles or McFadden but I think two of those guys don't see near 16 games and I LOVE Christine Michael. And with Richardson winning the job in St. Louis, I'm not sure if his 5'8 174 frame is going to see many carries in the redzone. Could see Stacy get some looks.

Also with the news on Bell, I think a bunch of people are going to run for Redman and Dwyer but everything I've heard is saying Stephens-Howling is going to have a big role with the team.

Last edited by holt_bruce81 : 08-23-2013 at 03:23 AM.
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:16 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm dropping Vincent Brown for Tompkins. I'd rather a receiver Brady is throwing to than Rivers.
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:14 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm in an IDP league and I'm trying to figure out where Keuchly would be a good value pick. Any thoughts?
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:18 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this is the team I want but dont know what pick i need to get it:

QB: Eli Manning
RB: LeSean McCoy, Stevan Ridley, Ryan Matthews, David Wilson, Ben Tate
WR: Dez Bryant, Marques Colston, Jordy Nelson, T.Y. Hilton, Emmanuel Sanders
TE: Rob Gronkowski, Jordan Cameron
K: Josh Brown
D: St. Louis

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:27 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Felix Jones traded to Pitt..........
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:32 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I'm in an IDP league and I'm trying to figure out where Keuchly would be a good value pick. Any thoughts?
Depends entirely on the starting lineup. If you start 1 or 2 IDP players then it's basically the same as DST drafting - last few rounds. There will be enough good LBs in the draft pool to wait.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote