Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 08-23-2013, 05:08 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Couldn't agree more. I love Tate as a late 8th or higher. He got almost 1000 yards a few years back, and Arian Foster won't play in the preseason. Best case, he starts slowly and requires Tate to be in a 50/50 split.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Couldn't agree more. I love Tate as a late 8th or higher. He got almost 1000 yards a few years back, and Arian Foster won't play in the preseason. Best case, he starts slowly and requires Tate to be in a 50/50 split.
You're still not playing him though even at a 50/50 load though right?
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:50 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
You're still not playing him though even at a 50/50 load though right?
If I didn't have Reggie Bush as my flex, I would start Tate and be happy. If Shane Vereen can be a valuable flex option, then Ben Tate certainly can.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
If I didn't have Reggie Bush as my flex, I would start Tate and be happy. If Shane Vereen can be a valuable flex option, then Ben Tate certainly can.
Thank God I have forte as a flex lol. Good to know if he goes down I have Hilton/Tate
Old 08-23-2013, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Guru
Rookie

Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keeper league 2QB league... TY Hilton at rd 20 or Julio Jones @ rd 3?

Keepers:
Matt Ryan (6th)
D Thomas (7th)
Russell Wilson (12th)

I"ve thought TY as the steal of the draft last year (too bad so many rookies lit it up...)

What do you guys think? Julio at last pick 3rd round value or Hilton 20th round value?
Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:48 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forget Matt Ryan. Keep both WRs, take RBs in Rd. 1 and 2 and 4, then draft a QB in the 5/6.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:53 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is the late 30's too early to target Eddie Lacy?
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:57 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
For me, yes, I wouldn't grab him until probably the 5th.

If he's the best RB available at the time you pick, take that opportunity to get value at WR because they tend to go hand in hand
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Good to know Forte is back to getting vultured. Should have 3 TD's.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:47 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
id say so but he is moving up my board

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:10 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I ask because I'm picking 11th in my 14 team league this week. By the time my third rounder comes up at 39 pickings are very slim at WR, so I'm kicking around going RB-WR-RB. That leaves me with likely someone in the Murray/McFadden/Miller/Lacy/Wilson range, which isn't awful as a #2 RB in a league that deep and I can get a decent #3 in the 7th (we can only start 2). I'm just starting to wonder how much I like Lacy out of that group. Other option would be something like Ridley/S-Jax in the 2nd followed by something like Amendola/Nicks as my top WR at 39 which is kind of scary. I likely just miss on the decent, healthy WR's there.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got McFadden in the tenth round, I'm not high on him but do people think the risk is worth it for the upside that late in the draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:11 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol yes, thats pretty ridiculous

as for you derza maybe consider rb wr wr rb

Old 08-24-2013, 01:15 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

for example just went Morris, Jones, Bowe, Miller on this

http://draftwizard.fantasypros.com/simulateDraft

Old 08-24-2013, 03:01 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

10 person keeper league, how'd I do?

Aaron Rodgers
Dez Bryant
Alfred Morris
Julio jones
Colston
Vernon Davis
L miller
C ivory
Greg Jennings
Felix jones
Daren McFadden
49er d
Gostowski

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:10 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Forget Matt Ryan. Keep both WRs, take RBs in Rd. 1 and 2 and 4, then draft a QB in the 5/6.
They start 2 QBs so this could be a dangerous suggestion. How any other QBs are being kept? Do the keeper values remain the same year after year?

Tough call on the WRs. I might keep Julio for the 3rd rounder as he will become and remain an early 2nd rd choice for several years to come. Then again, there is a chance that Hilton puts up respectable WR2 type fantasy numbers for several years and that is a great get at rd 20.

Since you aren't keeping any RBs I would probably keep the stud in Julio and draft the best RBs available with the first 2 picks, unless another stud WR offers way better value than the best remaining RB on the board. Always go BPA early in drafts. Don't let the guys with better RB keepers get the better remaining WRs by reaching for a questionable RB because you need 1 if it comes down to it.

Edit: just saw you had DT too. 2 very good QBs and 2 stud WRs is a solid foundation for the foreseeable future. Those positions hold value longer than RBs. Keep those guys as your base and fill in RBs from year to year would be my suggestion. It would allow you to "reach" for some RBs in the middle rds as well and hopefully you hit on someone. I got CJ Spiller in rd 8 of just about every league I did last year.

Last edited by farfromforgotten : 08-24-2013 at 06:17 AM.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:19 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I got McFadden in the tenth round, I'm not high on him but do people think the risk is worth it for the upside that late in the draft?
I've never owned him but that is insane value. I don't think I've ever seen him make it past rd 6 in any of the drafts I've done this year.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:24 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

Quote:

Aaron Rodgers
Dez Bryant
Alfred Morris
Julio jones
Colston
Vernon Davis
L miller
C ivory
Greg Jennings
Felix jones
Daren McFadden
49er d
Gostowski
Looks good. Top QB. 2 top WRs. Colston to boot. Very good TE. RBs are a little tricky after ALF but you've given yourself several opportunities to hit on another starter by getting Miller, McFadden, and Ivory. I like it.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:27 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Gronk worth a mid-round draft pick?

He's coming off BACK surgery (and I think forearm surgery also) and is such a large man which is probably why he's always injured. Any reason to think he comes in Week 4 and plays at a high level all year?

Is he participating at practice at all? At least working out on the side?
Old 08-24-2013, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Is Gronk worth a mid-round draft pick?

He's coming off BACK surgery (and I think forearm surgery also) and is such a large man which is probably why he's always injured. Any reason to think he comes in Week 4 and plays at a high level all year?

Is he participating at practice at all? At least working out on the side?
Yes 5th round. He's had this surgery before and come back strong (record setting good enough). I grabbed him with my 5th round pick and got Rudolph in the 10th until he returns.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:20 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Aaron Rodgers
Dez Bryant
Alfred Morris
Julio jones
Colston
Vernon Davis
L miller
C ivory
Greg Jennings
Felix jones
Daren McFadden
49er d
Gostowski
Alfred Morris in 3rd round...? Robbery if true. Good team though.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:23 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Yes 5th round. He's had this surgery before and come back strong (record setting good enough). I grabbed him with my 5th round pick and got Rudolph in the 10th until he returns.
Hmm. Anybody else? I hate TE this year.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Alfred Morris in 3rd round...? Robbery if true. Good team though.
He was my last keeper actually so everyone after him I drafted. We also let in two new people who gobbled up the first four picks before we could draft anyone.

I'm scared my rb situation may hurt me but who knows

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-24-2013, 11:28 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who should I pick up....Lance Dunbar or Christine Michael? are they both the #2?
Old 08-24-2013, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
First draft of the season, 12 team standard league

QB: Newton, Vick
RB; Rice, Shady, Matthews, Lacey
WR: Amendola, Steve Smith, Jordyzzz Nelson, Hilton, Givens, C. Patteron
TE: Cameron Jordan, Gresham
K Bailey
DEF NYG

Thoughs? One of Matthews or Lacey I hope will become good trade bait for a TE or reciever
Friend is a big UT fan this trade has been proposed...

Offer: Luck and Tavon Austin
Give: Vick and Patterson

Hesitant to give up Vick but Luck could have a big year as well. Opinions?

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote