Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 05-15-2013, 09:45 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's what I secretly hope happens (apparently couldn't be covered last year in practice, although they didn't really cover tight ends in games either) but it seems like such a massive long shot.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:47 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** it man....Rugby is for beasts. He is a beast among beasts.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:35 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
Don't worry about TE. Hayden Smith is gonna run away with the job this year. That is my huge go out on a limb prediction with not basis.
I hope youre right. I'd love to get his jersey if he became a full time starter
Old 05-18-2013, 02:59 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TE never is a key piece for Mornhinweg at all. How much investing into TE is up to a quarterback. Sanchez always dumped into TE. Smith never has experience with TE plays.

Mornhinweg did the right thing not to reach anyone to fill out TE. It is a bummer that we missed out on Kelce but Cumberland can do it for one more season.

Idzik and company had done well at drafting but it is only one draft.

I still don't get it why Sheldon Richardson was number 4 on Jets' draft board as they had fixed on Coples as OLB. Coples has been criticized for being a half butt and Jets believe Coples will be a solid OLB? Last year, he played outside the box for few times but not for a majority of the season. That prompted Jets to trust Coples?

I hope Ryan is a familiar with the Phillips defense just in case if Ellis and Coples do not work out as expected. Unfortunately, we still are rushing OLB short.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:18 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Charles Sims out of Houston may opt for pro. Jets should try 5th Round Pick on him for this upcoming supplemental draft. If successful, Jets could waive Goodson right away. I don't know why he wants out of Houston but he has perfect tools for WCO RB.

Last edited by YotoJets007 : 05-23-2013 at 03:29 PM.
Old 08-24-2013, 01:32 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cimini just projected Aboushi and Campbell to both fall short of making the 53. Obviously those were late picks and the OL is important, but it seems those who questioned those two selections may have been on the money. There were certainly other spots that could have been bolstered, even that late.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a bit disappointed in Aboushi. I liked the pick and though we might be ably to develop him. As for Campbell, I'm not surprised. I had a feeling the former defensive lineman wouldn't make it on the other side of the line.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, question for all of you.

What are the odds the Jets draft Louis Nix in the first round?

I'm not asking if they should.
I'm not asking if it makes sense.
I'm not asking if any of us would do it.

Do you think despite the Jets having drafted so many 3-4 ends and having Harrison and Ellis at NT already, could possibly draft Louis Nix?
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:51 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

0.0001%.

Why?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets need a GM in the forum mock.
D-Unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
0.0001%.

Why?
I was going to write a joke comment about the possibility of the Jets drafting a defensive tackle in the first round (again) in a mock draft. Then it occurred to me that it's been a whopping three years since the Jets drafted a nose tackle in the first three rounds and I'm afraid they're due.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:02 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
I was going to write a joke comment about the possibility of the Jets drafting a defensive tackle in the first round (again) in a mock draft. Then it occurred to me that it's been a whopping three years since the Jets drafted a nose tackle in the first three rounds and I'm afraid they're due.
Barr and Clowney will be gone, there is no other premier defensive talent.

If they don't go offense in the first I'll be shocked.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:49 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
So, question for all of you.

What are the odds the Jets draft Louis Nix in the first round?

I'm not asking if they should.
I'm not asking if it makes sense.
I'm not asking if any of us would do it.

Do you think despite the Jets having drafted so many 3-4 ends and having Harrison and Ellis at NT already, could possibly draft Louis Nix?

Last year's draft, I had Jets taken DL in the first round, few posters of you, Derza included, flat out called it ridiculous and yet Jets actually drafted Richardson. Who knows. lol.

However, I don't think we should crack any jokes about Jets drafting DL in the 1st round because we have been severely upset with how the offense has been.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:42 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking at what I've said in the past, the one position I don't seem to know much about is QB... haha. HOWEVER, I will say that I really like Jimmy Garoppolo (also seems to be a perfect fit for the WCO), Carr has an electric arm and I like his mindset, Manziel could win or lose us any game, Teddy has a little bit of everything but something just seems off about him, and I probably wouldn't touch any other QB in this draft. I do, however, think they will spend a pick at some point on one.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:42 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
Last year's draft, I had Jets taken DL in the first round, few posters of you, Derza included, flat out called it ridiculous and yet Jets actually drafted Richardson. Who knows. lol.

However, I don't think we should crack any jokes about Jets drafting DL in the 1st round because we have been severely upset with how the offense has been.
That's true, I've come to expect a different mindset from Idzik than we were used to in the past. That said, we were also at that point unaware that Coples was moving to OLB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Looking at what I've said in the past, the one position I don't seem to know much about is QB... haha. HOWEVER, I will say that I really like Jimmy Garoppolo (also seems to be a perfect fit for the WCO), Carr has an electric arm and I like his mindset, Manziel could win or lose us any game, Teddy has a little bit of everything but something just seems off about him, and I probably wouldn't touch any other QB in this draft. I do, however, think they will spend a pick at some point on one.
I don't like Carr - can't handle the rush. Manziel and Bridgewater likely won't be there. Garoppolo is interesting, we'll see how high he rises. I do think they take a QB too, think early day 3 seems like an appropriate place to take one.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
I hope you don't mean me specifically. Between early 2011 and 2-3 months ago, I largely stopped posting on this forum.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:59 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's early, but my top 10 for us at the moment (disregards guys like Watkins and Mack that I assume won't be there) are in no particular order:

Kyle Van Noy
Odell Beckham Jr.
Allen Robinson
LaMarcus Joyner
Eric Ebron
Jimmy Garoppolo
Dee Ford
Kony Ealy
Jarvis Landry
Darqueze Dennard
Old 01-20-2014, 09:03 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
I hope you don't mean me specifically. Between early 2011 and 2-3 months ago, I largely stopped posting on this forum.
Nope - he's just saying a few posters and me specifically. The you wasn't directed at you.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:32 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

He'll probably go to someone else in the AFC East or the Giants like a lot of the draft picks I like just to piss me off, but I would like it if we consider him. I realize some of these games look like they're HS clips, but there's some things about him you can't deny. That release is crazy. On occasion, I can't even see his arm moving. Footwork isn't bad, has decent pocket awareness, solid mobility, and appears pretty accurate on the run. The biggest things about him when projecting him to the Jets I think are his ability to survey the field and do things decisively. There doesn't seem to be a lot of wasted movement with him and he progresses through his reads pretty well. Honestly, he has a bit of everything. The only thing lacking is the arm strength, but it isn't terrible and that's something that he can certainly improve upon over time, kind of like Tom Brady. And really, beyond the level of competition, the arm strength is going to be one of the only reasons why he'll be available in the 2nd or 3rd. He's someone I would seriously consider. He could do damage in Marty's offense.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:18 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

There's definitely a lot of traits to like. Unfortunately the Jets aren't a great situation for a QB right now so I'm not certain how well he'd do here, but I think he's the one guy I wouldn't mind them drafting before day 3 (assuming the QB's we expect to be gone early in the first are). Maybe Brett Smith too, I have to watch him a little more. I still think early day 3 is when they draft a QB. As a pseudo-Bengals fan (my dad likes the Bengals so they're the one other team I root for), I'd like to see Garoppolo land there. Dalton needs to be pushed, I think Garoppolo fits, and there's some nice surrounding talent there for a young QB. If he puts it together they could become a really dangerous team for a long time, I think Dalton's holding them back as long as he's the QB.

On a different note since I'm posting already, I'm excited about this offseason. There are so many opportunities to improve a team that definitely has some young talent. And we don't really know what Idzik is going to do, aside from be methodical about how he does it. He didn't have money to spend in FA last year, didn't have his own scouts for the draft, didn't have as many picks, wasn't picking this low in the first round, and had two top 5 guys on the board fall to him at 9 and 13 and a guy they had as a first round QB fall to them in the second.

All we know heading into the draft based on last year is if ridiculous value slips to him at a position of need he's going to take it, which should go for pretty much anyone. The one takeaway may be that he isn't going to move up except for insane value - they were supposedly kicking around taking Geno at 13 and stood pat till he fell to them in the second. But maybe with the Tampa pick and the compensatory selections he feels there's the flexibility to move around, I don't know. So it's going to be exciting to see how things play out depending on who's on the board and whether or not any guys they view as really high level talents slide that far.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to Bleacher Report, we met with QB Jimmy Garoppolo today at the combine.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:30 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
According to Bleacher Report, we met with QB Jimmy Garoppolo today at the combine.
We also met with all of the top TEs and will likely meet with all of the top WRs. All the transparency is making me think we're going to do something crazy and draft all linemen or something.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:50 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
We also met with all of the top TEs and will likely meet with all of the top WRs. All the transparency is making me think we're going to do something crazy and draft all linemen or something.

If the Jets didn't do that in 2006 (when I wanted them to), they're not going to do it now.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:40 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

I finally got computer back at the conclusion of the Winter Games. After quick read on prospects' numbers, Ryan Groy (G), Greg Robinson (T) and C.J. Fiedorowicz (TE) are the winners.

OT-

I doubt Jets will get Robinson so if No Howard, Fleming of Stanford and Thomas of Clemson look good as of now. I like Bitonio or Britt but they probably belong to ZBS.

OG-

Groy of Wisconsin, Jackson of Mississippi State and Su'A-Filo of UCLA should be top priority as non 1st round pick. Yankey needs to improve the bench press. I am sure Jets keep Winters at LG but if BPA arrives for value then it is fine by me. Urschel of Penn State intrigues me.

TE-

Other than C.J., there is not much of good separation but Duncan of Dixie and Lynch of Georgia could be a good option.

That is without skill set so I won't zero on those prospects now. Hopefully, they check out well.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:42 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

AH...Dustin Vaughan. He is solid height/size of 6 5 235 but his hand size is sub-9. What?

If I remember correctly, there were few comments about Boyd's hand size being small. However, Manziel, whose hand is only 1/8 bigger, is acceptable. Yeah right!

Last edited by YotoJets007 : 02-22-2014 at 09:45 PM.