Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 08-29-2013, 02:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
One of the issues with the partnership of Jerry and Stephen Jones is that they repeat the same mistakes over and over again. It usually involves a veteran player with a healthy dose of optimism about how "things will work out." Those who dig deep into his mind speculate that this can all be traced back to Jerry's days wildcatting, but I won't bore you with that rerun.

What this boils down to is that the Cowboys were switching schemes on their defensive line (Will Need More DL), while losing one of your promising young DL players to jail (Will Need More DL), and another of your key players - Ratliff - only played 6 games in 2012 and looks like he may not be in perfect health in 2013 (Will Need More DL).

And yet, despite knowing all of this, they told the media that they were fine back on draft weekend:
“We feel like defensive line is a position of strength for us,” Jones responded when asked about Floyd. “In our system, we would probably put a premium on a quick-twitch potential three-technique. We [graded] him as not that, but that he certainly may be capable of getting there. That’s a case where are switch from a 3-4, he was obviously a nose tackle that had a lot of promise there at nose tackle. He’s an outstanding football player. … Again, I think you got to put our decision-making with a real focus on doing something with the interior of our offensive line.”
Now, nobody would argue that the Offensive Line might have been in an a worse overall position. In fact, I believe I made that exact point a number of times. But, that doesn't mean that you take one center and call it a draft on both lines of scrimmage. Having said this a dozen times for what seems like 5 years in a row, I know it must be a broken record by now, but why they had the advantageous position of 4 picks in the Top 80 and after taking Travis Frederick decided to go TE, WR, Safety is a very sore topic for me.

They knew that Josh Brent was gone. They knew that Jay Ratliff has not played at an elite level since 2009. They knew that they were asking a lot of Jason Hatcher to replicate Warren Sapp or John Randle in this scheme and that says nothing about asking Anthony Spencer to be a defensive end. And yet, when it was time to find a defensive lineman in the draft or free agency, they waltzed right by like they were totally set.

I know, I know. They have lots of other needs that also needed to be addressed. I would never argue that point.

But on May 6 we talked about all of the realities - even before they lost Tyrone Crawford:

Is it as big a mess as the offensive line was? Not really, unless you are concerned with what is around the next corner. The offensive line is present tense, but the defensive line is more of a future tense issue. However, what has killed the Cowboys? Lack of depth to deal with an injury. And if Ratliff pulls up lame in training camp, what is the plan? Full-time Lissemore at the 1-tech? It looks like it would have to be.

I have no issue with trading back to get 2 starters for pick #18 because actually that makes sound common sense. The issue is then spending your top 3 picks and really your entire draft without doing anything to help this group at all. I find that flirting with disaster and don't forget what we talked about last fall after the Offensive Line situation reared its head against Cleveland again:

It isn't coaching. It isn't effort.

It is, however, another indictment on the continuing failures of this current front office. I am sure when the 2012 season ends, like the secondary last spring, we will hear how fixing the offensive line in 2013 is the top priority. And they will use many of their resources to attempt to do just that. But, why it takes years for them to see things that are obvious to those watching their games remains a mystery.

Then, if it is fixed, the shell game of personnel fixes will move to another department of the squad that will be overdue for renovations, too. These are the effects of too many mistakes over the years in the personnel department. The holes out-number the plugs, and before long, you have issues that cannot be addressed because you are out of picks and cap space.

Once you leave the port each August for another season at sea, you cannot replenish your supplies until the season voyage is over. Meanwhile, in the middle of it, you are stuck with whatever you took with you. From week to week, as people complain about the coaching and the players, those who remain on the voyage do the best with what they have. But, clearly, what they have is not good enough, and no amount of effort is going to fix the issues for the long-term.
In 2013, they will leave port with a defensive line that might work but the best case/worst case scenarios are wildly problematic if there is one false step this year.
So, who replaces Jay Ratliff? Would you believe Nick Hayden? Hayden is one of the cool stories of camp and a guy who when I was watching him play in July seemed like a candidate to really fight for one of those final spots. That is all you can expect of a guy who is 27 years old and has kicked around a few organizations before finding his way here, right?. He played 33 snaps of NFL football in 2011, which is 33 more than his 0 in 2012 when he was healthy after an ankle sprain and his phone never rang after training camp.

But now, after one predictable situation with Jay Ratliff is finally revealed, the Cowboys are seemingly planning on him lining up against the Giants in Week 1 to unveil the all new Monte Kiffin defense.

Nick Hayden and George Selvie are both solid finds in the scrap heap of vagabonds. Selvie is 26 and this will be his 4th chance to catch on and appears to have promise. And maybe I am too gun-shy about using retread defenders after last season where they are looking on couches to fill out Rob Ryan's lineup in November and find Brady Poppinga and Charlie Peprah. Sometimes, these reclamation projects work, but when you have a chance to fix this with typical moves to fill holes (you know, the draft!) the Cowboys are telling us everything is fine. Now, with 11 days to go, Selvie, Hayden, and undrafted 2nd year pro Ben Bass are all going to need to play rather substantial roles it would appear.

They are also going to hope that Anthony Spencer is ready with no camp, Sean Lissemore is ready with very little camp, and Jason Hatcher heals.

Optimism never works in the NFL. But, it appears to be a key strategy again for the Jones war-room.

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/nf...39&feedID=3799

Bob must read my stuff Lol
Reflection can be fun and painful, and there will always be "what ifs". What if we took Jonathan Cyrprien or Kawaan Short or Menelik Watson instead of TF at 31? I was hoping for any of those 3 at that point. Honestly looking back right now, I think the Cowboys made a better pick than what I thought they should do. I'm stoked to have Frederick! JJ Wilcox has been pretty sweet so far himself. Free at RG and Parnell at RT... I can live with that if the coaches think it could work. Watson would've forced the cut of Free and we'd still have major holes at C and OG with Parnell continuing to fight for playing time. Now we get to see what he can be. Now there's a debate if we should've taken Short there and hoped for TF at 47, but apparently the Cowboys thought there were teams ready to take TF before 47 so I'm ok with them taking him at 31 to ensure they got their guy. There's nothing worse than seeing the guy you want at your biggest position of need in the draft get swiped in front of you. We perceived to have DT depth at the time and that just got wiped out with Ratliff and Crawford.

As far as not addressing it again... what 3 techs were there? We took Escobar at 47. Hankins at 49 wasn't a 3 tech. The next DT taken was Bennie Logan at 67. John Jenkins at 82 (not a 3 tech). We had a chance to take Jordan Hill at 87, but is anyone crying about taking JJ Wilcox over him with our 80th pick? Who exactly are we saying the Cowboys missed on? Some guy taken in Round 5-7??? When you look at what we had on the roster versus who was out there, I have a hard time seeing where the Cowboys screwed up.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:00 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Reflection can be fun and painful, and there will always be "what ifs". What if we took Jonathan Cyrprien or Kawaan Short or Menelik Watson instead of TF at 31? I was hoping for any of those 3 at that point. Honestly looking back right now, I think the Cowboys made a better pick than what I thought they should do. I'm stoked to have Frederick! JJ Wilcox has been pretty sweet so far himself. Free at RG and Parnell at RT... I can live with that if the coaches think it could work. Watson would've forced the cut of Free and we'd still have major holes at C and OG with Parnell continuing to fight for playing time. Now we get to see what he can be. Now there's a debate if we should've taken Short there and hoped for TF at 47, but apparently the Cowboys thought there were teams ready to take TF before 47 so I'm ok with them taking him at 31 to ensure they got their guy. There's nothing worse than seeing the guy you want at your biggest position of need in the draft get swiped in front of you. We perceived to have DT depth at the time and that just got wiped out with Ratliff and Crawford.

As far as not addressing it again... what 3 techs were there? We took Escobar at 47. Hankins at 49 wasn't a 3 tech. The next DT taken was Bennie Logan at 67. John Jenkins at 82 (not a 3 tech). We had a chance to take Jordan Hill at 87, but is anyone crying about taking JJ Wilcox over him with our 80th pick? Who exactly are we saying the Cowboys missed on? Some guy taken in Round 5-7??? When you look at what we had on the roster versus who was out there, I have a hard time seeing where the Cowboys screwed up.
I can live with TF, even though Ive complained about the value of the trade. Its just like Bob said, we watch them play and we all see the MAJOR weakness and then its ignored. How can we count on Rat after the last few years? Hatcher is about to be 31. Spencer is being asked to play a new position, and JJ comes out and acts like its the strength of the team. Then we have the O-line, take a Center in the 1st then ignore the fact that our Guards and RT were HORRIBLE last year. The draft isnt the only way to upgrade but when your not pursuing the talent and signing cheap below average guys you wind up doing desperate things like trying to sign retired guys or moving your below average RT to guard and hoping your new below average RT doesnt get you killed. Its not that the coaches think it can work its that the coaches have no choice! The GM gave them crap and said do the best you can. Zero linemen picked up in FA and 1 drafted. As Ive said those other guys are good players but to ignore the lines (both sides) Again, is a huge mistake IMO.

B
Quote:
ut, why it takes years for them to see things that are obvious to those watching their games remains a mystery.
Quote:
The holes out-number the plugs, and before long, you have issues that cannot be addressed because you are out of picks and cap space.
Quote:
So, who replaces Jay Ratliff? Would you believe Nick Hayden? Hayden is one of the cool stories of camp and a guy who when I was watching him play in July seemed like a candidate to really fight for one of those final spots. That is all you can expect of a guy who is 27 years old and has kicked around a few organizations before finding his way here, right?. He played 33 snaps of NFL football in 2011, which is 33 more than his 0 in 2012 when he was healthy after an ankle sprain and his phone never rang after training camp.

But now, after one predictable situation with Jay Ratliff is finally revealed, the Cowboys are seemingly planning on him lining up against the Giants in Week 1
And all this is the best case, what if Smith or TF or Hatcher get hurt? OMG it could get ugly in a hurry. If it werent already ugly enough.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I can live with TF, even though Ive complained about the value of the trade. Its just like Bob said, we watch them play and we all see the MAJOR weakness and then its ignored. How can we count on Rat after the last few years? Hatcher is about to be 31. Spencer is being asked to play a new position, and JJ comes out and acts like its the strength of the team. Then we have the O-line, take a Center in the 1st then ignore the fact that our Guards and RT were HORRIBLE last year. The draft isnt the only way to upgrade but when your not pursuing the talent and signing cheap below average guys you wind up doing desperate things like trying to sign retired guys or moving your below average RT to guard and hoping your new below average RT doesnt get you killed. Its not that the coaches think it can work its that the coaches have no choice! The GM gave them crap and said do the best you can. Zero linemen picked up in FA and 1 drafted. As Ive said those other guys are good players but to ignore the lines (both sides) Again, is a huge mistake IMO.

B

And all this is the best case, what if Smith or TF or Hatcher get hurt? OMG it could get ugly in a hurry. If it werent already ugly enough.
So it's not just our starting positions that need to be perfect, it's our entire 2nd string too?

There will always be reason to complain about multiple positions if that's your frame of thought.

I got a quick fix for you though. If you have a great QB, he can minimize A LOT of your problems. Tom Brady has no running game, no WRs, no TEs, his CBs and Ss have been a mess for a long time... 1 pro bowl Guard (mankins), 1 pro bowl DT (Wilfork)

Yet, somehow the Patriots continue to be successful year after year. Tom Brady would KILL to have the Cowboys roster! No **** Romo has good stats! Brady would have OUT OF THIS WORLD stats with this team! Can we stop comparing Romo to Brady and Peyton because of his stats?!!!

Pocket, if you truly have faith in Romo, then you should have faith in this team. PERIOD. Stop complaining about our 2nd stringers and what ifs.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:38 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While I agree 100% with you d-unit...Pats feast on the weakest division in football...and have for the last decade.

With that said...Yea when people are worrying about 2nd and 3rd string players not being probowlers it gets a bit ridiculous. If fredbeard goes down...Costa will have to step up...if rat doesn't come back...the dline will have to figure it out.

That's football. Rodgers has probably the worst oline and no running game like Romo... Let's let the 100 million dollar men earn their paychecks and stop worrying about fielding a team of 22 probowlers.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:39 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So it's not just our starting positions that need to be perfect, it's our entire 2nd string too?

There will always be reason to complain about multiple positions if that's your frame of thought.

I got a quick fix for you though. If you have a great QB, he can minimize A LOT of your problems. Tom Brady has no running game, no WRs, no TEs, his CBs and Ss have been a mess for a long time... 1 pro bowl Guard (mankins), 1 pro bowl DT (Wilfork)

Yet, somehow the Patriots continue to be successful year after year. Tom Brady would KILL to have the Cowboys roster! No **** Romo has good stats! Brady would have OUT OF THIS WORLD stats with this team! Can we stop comparing Romo to Brady and Peyton because of his stats?!!!

Pocket, if you truly have faith in Romo, then you should have faith in this team. PERIOD. Stop complaining about our 2nd stringers and what ifs.
Lol OK. Your right, our problems not the sorry O-line, Horrible STs, lack of depth across the board, Injuries, or even the GM. Its Tony Freaking Romo!!

Gottcha!

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 08-29-2013, 03:46 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
While I agree 100% with you d-unit...Pats feast on the weakest division in football...and have for the last decade.

With that said...Yea when people are worrying about 2nd and 3rd string players not being probowlers it gets a bit ridiculous. If fredbeard goes down...Costa will have to step up...if rat doesn't come back...the dline will have to figure it out.

That's football. Rodgers has probably the worst oline and no running game like Romo... Let's let the 100 million dollar men earn their paychecks and stop worrying about fielding a team of 22 probowlers.
Funny thing about reading comprehension. Clearly when certain starters SUCK and you have no depth at that position, you jump to the conclusion that the backups have to be pro bowlers you tell me, how many Pro Bowlers do we have on our line? Ware whos never played DE? Spencer whos never played DE and is hurt? Not asking for Pro Bowlers, asking for our GM to do his job and UPGRADE the below average guys that he brought in (OLINE) I know thats a lot to ask..

Old 08-29-2013, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pocket cmon. You have a point with some of your arguments in that our team has pathetic depth at some positions but are REAAAALLLYYYY stretching on some of these points.

Ware has never played DE? He's played DE in about 50% of every season in the nickel and other subpackages. Don't even factor in that he was a 4-3 DE in college. Same exact deal with Spencer. That statement was just blatantly false/misleading for no real reason.

If you have complaints about how the team has been managed since Garrett took over coaching in terms of player acquisition and the draft I think your standards may be a bit high. Compared to even Bill Parcell's term here the team has done well in that category. The time period of Wade Phillips running the show with Jerry throwing money at overaged FAs crippled the depth of the team and we are only now recovering.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Lol OK. Your right, our problems not the sorry O-line, Horrible STs, lack of depth across the board, Injuries, or even the GM. Its Tony Freaking Romo!!

Gottcha!
That is probably the worst interpretation that I have seen in a while.

I'm not ignoring the weaknesses that we have. They ARE there! I'm saying that I want Tony to help us get over them. If he's a good QB, then he should be able to. You should stand by your man and believe he will do it too.

Standing by him and blaming everyone else doesn't work for me.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Funny thing about reading comprehension. Clearly when certain starters SUCK and you have no depth at that position, you jump to the conclusion that the backups have to be pro bowlers you tell me, how many Pro Bowlers do we have on our line? Ware whos never played DE? Spencer whos never played DE and is hurt? Not asking for Pro Bowlers, asking for our GM to do his job and UPGRADE the below average guys that he brought in (OLINE) I know thats a lot to ask..
# of pro bowlers doesn't matter. Remember when Tony had 13 of them? Patrick Crayton took the blame. LMAO.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:12 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Pocket cmon. You have a point with some of your arguments in that our team has pathetic depth at some positions but are REAAAALLLYYYY stretching on some of these points.

Ware has never played DE? He's played DE in about 50% of every season in the nickel and other subpackages. Don't even factor in that he was a 4-3 DE in college. Same exact deal with Spencer. That statement was just blatantly false/misleading for no real reason.

If you have complaints about how the team has been managed since Garrett took over coaching in terms of player acquisition and the draft I think your standards may be a bit high. Compared to even Bill Parcell's term here the team has done well in that category. The time period of Wade Phillips running the show with Jerry throwing money at overaged FAs crippled the depth of the team and we are only now recovering.
Your right but the point being, Ware and Spencer are Pro Bowlers but got them at OLB. They havent been full time DE's. I just dont get why more fans arent as upset with JJ as I am in regards to the OLine. Makes no sense. How do you go from 31st in the league in rushing and giving up 36 sacks to not addressing it until after FA and the draft are over? TF isnt going to solve those problems. Hes an upgrade I admit but MB and Livings ahouldnt be starting and Free was horrible last year. Like Ive said, we've seen 1 PO win in 18 years! I dont think my standards are to high because its a proven fact, when you have the right people doing their jobs winning can come quickly. It took Jimmy 4 years to win a Super Bowl, we are going on year 19 without winning back to back playoff games. Maybe some fans are ok with that. IDK its crazy to me!

Old 08-29-2013, 04:16 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
# of pro bowlers doesn't matter. Remember when Tony had 13 of them? Patrick Crayton took the blame. LMAO.
Tony had 13 of them? How about WE had 13 of them and Tony was one of them. I dont know what to say, Tony hits PC right in the hands for the game clinching 1st down and he drops it. DAMN IT ROMO!! How could you let him drop that!!! I guess Roger gets the blame for Jackie Smiths drop too huh?

Old 08-29-2013, 04:20 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Talk about BAD interpetation....

Old 08-29-2013, 04:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Tony had 13 of them? How about WE had 13 of them and Tony was one of them. I dont know what to say, Tony hits PC right in the hands for the game clinching 1st down and he drops it. DAMN IT ROMO!! How could you let him drop that!!! I guess Roger gets the blame for Jackie Smiths drop too huh?
Tony gets the blame because he went to Cancun to party Week 1 of the damn playoffs. His focus was elsewhere. That game did not boil down to just that play. There were MANY plays before that that Tony should've made. There were preparations he should've done in the week leading up to make sure he had his team all ready instead of drunk at pool side in Mexico starring at Jessica Simpson's butt crack and boobs.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Talk about BAD interpetation....
What do you expect me to take away from it when you talk about bashing our "depth across the board"? LOL
Old 08-29-2013, 04:23 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tony gets the blame because he went to Cancun to party Week 1 of the damn playoffs. His focus was elsewhere. That game did not boil down to just that play. There were MANY plays before that that Tony should've made. There were preparations he should've done in the week leading up to make sure he had his team all ready instead of drunk at pool side in Mexico starring at Jessica Simpson's butt crack and boobs.
Wasn't Jason Witten with him? So shouldn't we blame him as well?

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:28 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
What do you expect me to take away from it when you talk about bashing our "depth across the board"? LOL
NOT that we need to be PERFECT on the 1st string and backups. When mediocre is a big step up, you've got problems.

Old 08-29-2013, 04:30 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He still made the perfect throw and it was still dropped. Where were the other 12 PB's? Did they have perfect games? Did they make enough plays to win the game? Or is it all on Tony even though he did his job and his WR failed him?

Old 08-29-2013, 04:32 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Shhhhhhhh. Your going to spoil D's Romo bashing with facts. He hates those LOL

Old 08-29-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Going to leave this here because it doesn't fit the narrative...

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...chokers/23434/

Words only below if you want the graphs and pictures click on the link! :)

Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Surely you understand the difference in role and leadership that a QB plays compared to the rest of the team, right?
Old 08-29-2013, 06:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Shhhhhhhh. Your going to spoil D's Romo bashing with facts. He hates those LOL
You don't even support Romo yourself. If you believed in him, then you would believe in him carrying this team despite our team's flaws. But you don't. You're gonna blame the play of our RG before you blame Romo. I'm sure of it.

At least I have hope that Romo has enough weapons to get the job done.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:16 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
You don't even support Romo yourself. If you believed in him, then you would believe in him carrying this team despite our team's flaws. But you don't. You're gonna blame the play of our RG before you blame Romo. I'm sure of it.

At least I have hope that Romo has enough weapons to get the job done.
LOL sure D. As Ive told you, Romo has carried us but he can only do so much. If he gets us the lead with 2 min to go and the other team goes down and scores its Romo's fault right? Scored to early. Damn it Romo!! When he hits his WR IN THE HANDS and he drops it, Damn it Romo!! When hes drives us down the field for the game winning FG and the kicker makes it only to see HIS coach ice the kicker and a miss, Damn it Romo!! When he gets us in position to win the game only to see the Oline got flagged for holding, Damn it Romo!!

It goes on and on. Brady would get killed behind this line. Bottom line is, I support Romo and the team, but not the GM! He is and always will be the #1 problem even with his 40 year old brain and "secret sauce"

Old 08-29-2013, 06:26 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Surely you understand the difference in role and leadership that a QB plays compared to the rest of the team, right?
Whatever you say buddy! Witten is a leader on this team and was at that point.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
LOL sure D. As Ive told you, Romo has carried us but he can only do so much. If he gets us the lead with 2 min to go and the other team goes down and scores its Romo's fault right? Scored to early. Damn it Romo!! When he hits his WR IN THE HANDS and he drops it, Damn it Romo!! When hes drives us down the field for the game winning FG and the kicker makes it only to see HIS coach ice the kicker and a miss, Damn it Romo!! When he gets us in position to win the game only to see the Oline got flagged for holding, Damn it Romo!!

It goes on and on. Brady would get killed behind this line. Bottom line is, I support Romo and the team, but not the GM! He is and always will be the #1 problem even with his 40 year old brain and "secret sauce"
League leading 19 Interceptions! Will he ever learn???

Romo gets excuses but nobody else does right? mmmk.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Whatever you say buddy! Witten is a leader on this team and was at that point.
I'm pretty sure it was an idea that they both agreed upon. Sure, I'll blame him too. But one is the QB and the other is a TE. IMO, there's a difference. Just like there is a difference in their contract size too.