Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 08-30-2013, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's the Pittsburgh RB situation looking like?

I picked up Felix Jones once he was traded because I think he has more talent than the healthy Pittsburgh RBs, but is he going to get the playing time?

This is a 15 team league, so it's not like there's a lot out there. If I drop him it'll be to pick up Christine Michael (who I dropped for Jones initially) or Julius Thomas (I have Gronkowski on IR and Rob Housler as my TE currently)
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coach Gary Kubiak confirmed Arian Foster will not receive a full workload in Week 1 against the Chargers.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:10 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Second round of a .5 PPR what RB's should I target? I really want Forte but he's been moving up draft boards and I'm picking the tail end of round 2. Is David Wilson a reach right there?
If I'm you, I'm taking RB's in rounds 1 and 2. If Forte or MJD are there, must grab. Since you have a quick turnaround, you need to look at what is left. For instance, if there is only 1 top tier WR, but several RB's, you take the WR. I think MJD will be there end of the second. He is worth a flier, I think. If Forte is there, you have to take him. He is a potential monster.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:11 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still worried about stupid rankings.

David Wilson is going to outscore all of those guys. Don't hesitate to take him in the 2nd round or even first for that matter.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Still worried about stupid rankings.

David Wilson is going to outscore all of those guys. Don't hesitate to take him in the 2nd round or even first for that matter.
I'm ******, I have the third pick. I imagine he'll go late first in mine.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:18 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fourteen teams, standard scoring, how'd I do? Got a little thin towards the late rounds but I landed some sleepers I like. Don't love my WR situation (age of my top 2, Thompkins is a ? but I like him as a WR3, not much behind him though) and TE I never go wild, but other than that I'm pretty OK with it.

QB: Matt Stafford
WR: Andre Johnson
WR: Marques Colston
WR: Kenbrell Thompkins
RB: Trent Richardson
RB: David Wilson
TE: Jordan Cameron
K: Justin Tucker
D/ST: New England
Bench: Lamar Miller, Roy Helu, Darrius Heyward-Bey, Cordarrelle Patterson, Quinton Patton, E.J. Manuel
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like a good, solid team, Derza. I like it a lot more knowing Andre Brown won't be vulturing any TD's from Wilson.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 04:32 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

10 team non-ppr 7th pick, how did i do?

QB Russell Wilson
RB Jamaal Charles
RB Matt Forte
WR Andre Johnson
WR Reggie Wayne
WR Dwayne Bowe
TE Jordan Cameron
FL David Wilson
D/ST Cincinnati
K
-
Mike Vick
Darren Sproles
Giovani Bernard
Bryce Brown
Stevie Johnson
Zach Sudfield

it's my money league :)

Last edited by fenikz : 08-31-2013 at 04:35 AM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:32 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a draft tonight 7:45 CT on Yahoo. I'm a team short if anyone is interested in joining send me a PM. We have 9 of 10 teams.

It's a free league.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:37 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like it a lot fenikz, your RB depth is silly and you have the ability to play matchups at QB with two solid guys which is always nice. Lots of upside with both guys. Could use a bit more WR depth eventually but in a 10 team league guys will emerge who you can grab off waivers over the course of the season. Think you're better off having the RB depth early in the season.
Old 08-31-2013, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Think I've decided who I'm taking at 4 dependent on the situation. Those are the only situations I can envision unless one guy takes Brees...

If it goes AP/Martin/Foster I'm taking Rice

If it goes AP/Foster/Rice I'm taking Martin

If it goes AP/Rice/Martin in going Charles

Last edited by Bert Macklin : 08-31-2013 at 01:46 PM.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would 1 and 3 result in different picks?
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:27 PM    (permalink
McGahee
Rookie

McGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Hi guys,

Edit: 10 team 0.5 PPR, 2RB 3 WR (no flex)

I had the option to take either CJ2k or Demaryius Thomas in the 2nd round this year and went with CJ2K.

But then I managed to get David Wilson and Gio Bernard later on to pair up with Arian Foster.

My WRs lack a true #1 (Jordy Nelson, Cecil Shorts, Stevie Johnson, E.Sanders, Tavon, Blackmon)

Should I try to trade CJ2K for Demaryius Thomas now that I have some good options in Wilson and Bernard?
McGahee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
Why would 1 and 3 result in different picks?
Because I clearly ****** up. Fixed it
Old 08-31-2013, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGahee View Post
Hi guys,

I had the option to take either CJ2k or Demaryius Thomas in the 2nd round this year and went with CJ2K.

But then I managed to get David Wilson and Gio Bernard later on to pair up with Arian Foster.

My WRs lack a true #1 (Jordy Nelson, Cecil Shorts, Stevie Johnson, E.Sanders, Tavon, Blackmon)

Should I try to trade CJ2K for Demaryius Thomas now that I have some good options in Wilson and Bernard?
I think people are underrating shorts this year. If healthy Jordy and he will give you 15+ a game
Old 08-31-2013, 02:00 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGahee View Post
Hi guys,

I'm high on CJ this year, especially as a RB2, so I'd try to trade Wilson or Bernard first, if all else fails try to trade CJ.

You may even want to try to package a RB and WR to a team, I'm not that high on Shorts because or Stevie Johnson because of their QB play, so I'd try to package one of them two and Bernard for a solid WR. Or you could package Shorts and Wilson and try to get a top 2 tier WR.

In a flex league I would want to keep 4 Rbs that you have and suffer a little at WR, but since yours starts 3WR, I'd try to upgrade it. But it's important not to feel like you have to, there's no reason to lose value.

Both Foster and CJ have the same bye week, if that scares you it might be wise to go ahead and try to trade CJ.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 04:19 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
10 team non-ppr 7th pick, how did i do?

QB Russell Wilson
RB Jamaal Charles
RB Matt Forte
WR Andre Johnson
WR Reggie Wayne
WR Dwayne Bowe
TE Jordan Cameron
FL David Wilson
D/ST Cincinnati
K
-
Mike Vick
Darren Sproles
Giovani Bernard
Bryce Brown
Stevie Johnson
Zach Sudfield

it's my money league :)
my friend is trying to move Megatron, AJ Green, Roddy White, Jimmy Graham, Jordy Nelson for a RB, what should I offer him

he went WR WR WR TE WR RB and I think as of right now he would be starting BGE

Last edited by fenikz : 08-31-2013 at 04:26 PM.
Old 08-31-2013, 05:16 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Maybe see if you can package Sproles with a WR/Cameron for a big upgrade? Doesn't hurt your depth much if it works out, Gio should be a rock solid bye week fill in.
Old 08-31-2013, 05:25 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've got a yahoo fantasy league drafting Sunday at 7pm CST. I have several people that were supposed to join the league that have not. I am going to give them until tomorrow afternoon to join the league or move on without them.

I need backups to replace these team owners if they do not join by tomorrow afternoon. If anyone is interested and has a yahoo account, let me know and I will let you know if you get a team tomorrow afternoon.
Old 08-31-2013, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just wrapped up my 12-team league's draft:

QB: Russell Wilson
RB: Matt Forte
RB: Giovani Bernard
WR: Dez Bryant
WR: Marques Colston
TE: Tony Gonzales
WR/R: Chris Givens
K: Randy Bullock
DEF: Houston

BN: DeAngelo Williams
BN: Michael Bush
BN: James Jones
BN: Michael Floyd
BN: Josh Gordon
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:09 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In a 12 team dynasty league should I trade Fitz/LeSean McCoy for Ray Rice? Here is my team. I don't want Fitz, I think his best days are behind him. 1 ppr. 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 W/R/T.

WR: AJ Green
WR: Dez Bryant
RB: Trent Richardson
RB: Jamaal Charles
Flex: McCoy

Bench WR: Torrey Smith, Kendall Wright, Robert Woods, Denario Alexander (IR)
Bench RB: Darryl Richardson, Christine Michael, Quizz
Old 08-31-2013, 06:10 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

no, McCoy > Rice

Old 08-31-2013, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
no, McCoy > Rice
Seconded. McCoy is the guy to keep.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:04 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Thrice. McCoy is over Rice and has less miles on him for a Dynasty league.

If you really don't like Fitz that much, try to trade him for a younger WR you like more
Old 08-31-2013, 10:59 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Ok fellas, I need advice on this new strategy I am thinking about implying.

I've been thinking of something a little outside of the box, well, way outside of the box.

Ok so the plan is to grab two RBs in the first two rounds. In my mock tonight this was McCoy and CJ1k. 3rd round grabbed Aaron Rodgers, Next round I grabbed Randall Cobb, in Round 4 I grabbed Jordy Nelson. Round 5 grabbed Jason Witten and in Round 6 grabbed McFadden and in Round 7 grabbed James Jones.

So my 3 starting WRs would be Jordy, Cobb and Jones with Rodgers throwing to them. Those 3 WRs combined for 450 pts in my league last season, with Rodgers getting 351 pts himself.

I know it'd be hard week 4, and if Rodgers gets hurt I'd be screwed. But it'd be pretty sweet when a pass goes for 25 yard TD to one of my 3 and I get 14pts.