Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 08-31-2013, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Ok fellas, I need advice on this new strategy I am thinking about implying.

I've been thinking of something a little outside of the box, well, way outside of the box.

Ok so the plan is to grab two RBs in the first two rounds. In my mock tonight this was McCoy and CJ1k. 3rd round grabbed Aaron Rodgers, Next round I grabbed Randall Cobb, in Round 4 I grabbed Jordy Nelson. Round 5 grabbed Jason Witten and in Round 6 grabbed McFadden and in Round 7 grabbed James Jones.

So my 3 starting WRs would be Jordy, Cobb and Jones with Rodgers throwing to them. Those 3 WRs combined for 450 pts in my league last season, with Rodgers getting 351 pts himself.

I know it'd be hard week 4, and if Rodgers gets hurt I'd be screwed. But it'd be pretty sweet when a pass goes for 25 yard TD to one of my 3 and I get 14pts.
Never give a damn about the bye weeks when you draft. Except of course for like your backup QB who's sole purpose is to play that one week. Otherwise draft who you want and draft for value. However, having a bunch of guys on bye in the same week is good. You just accept that you're probably going to lose that one and are better of the rest of the season.

As far as drafting all the Packers WRs, it's not a bad strategy because they are all good players who'll get points. But don't be so caught up on drafting them just because they're on the same team. If there's a player you like more or who is a better value, take them.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:59 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
Never give a damn about the bye weeks when you draft. Except of course for like your backup QB who's sole purpose is to play that one week. Otherwise draft who you want and draft for value. However, having a bunch of guys on bye in the same week is good. You just accept that you're probably going to lose that one and are better of the rest of the season.

As far as drafting all the Packers WRs, it's not a bad strategy because they are all good players who'll get points. But don't be so caught up on drafting them just because they're on the same team. If there's a player you like more or who is a better value, take them.
Thanks for the input, that's what I was thinking as well. Plus it's week 4 compared to say week 12, when you're battling for a playoff spot. I'd be willing to throw a game early in the season for a full roster come the end of the season.

If last years an indication, they'd score around 30 points a week, in which I'd have Rodgers getting the points throwing to him as well.

I think it's an idea that's worth trying once, if It blows up I probably won't try it again.

Of course, all that depends on the players being their with good value. Obviously I'm not going to take Rodgers in round 1 or take James Jones round 5.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:47 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Take the best players (how many points you think they'll score).

Your strategy doesn't matter. I don't have the type to wrap my brain around explaining it to you but the strategy you mapped out gives you no advantage.

If you think James Jones is going to score more than player X, take Jones. If you think X will, take X. That's it.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any ideas of good guys to pick up after seeing the cuts?

Isaac Redmans stock went up. With Dwyer cut and Bell out probably all of September, Redman is gonna get most of the carries, and certainly any goal line carry.

Also, what are people's opinions on Mike Vick? I have him backing up Matt Ryan. Really hoping he has a big year under Chip but I don't really know what to expect.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Last edited by Smooth Criminal : 09-01-2013 at 11:17 AM.
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:17 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Floyd vs STL
Lance Moore vs ATL

who do you start?
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big Money League. How'd I do? 12 team .5 PPR

QB-Matty Ice
RB-Rice/MJD
WR-D. Thomas/Nicks
TE-F. Davis
Flex-Sproles
D-Da Bears
K-Janikowski

Bench
WR-M. Austin
WR-S. Johnson
WR-DHB
RB-M. Bush
RB-S. Taylor
TE-Eifret

Last edited by Bert Macklin : 09-01-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:50 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Take the best players (how many points you think they'll score).

Your strategy doesn't matter. I don't have the type to wrap my brain around explaining it to you but the strategy you mapped out gives you no advantage.

If you think James Jones is going to score more than player X, take Jones. If you think X will, take X. That's it.
It's eliminating the odds of inconsistency, if Cobb has a bad week more than likely Nelson or Jones will have above average. The same can be said about the other Packer WRs. The only disadvantage would be in the unlikely event the whole packers passing game struggles.

So while it may or may not equate to more points on a weekly basis, it would give you the advantage of being a more consistent team in scoring each week.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:52 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Big Money League. How'd I do? 12 team .5 PPR

QB-Matty Ice
RB-Rice/MJD
WR-D. Thomas/M. Austin
TE-F. Davis
Flex-Sproles
D-Da Bears
K-Janikowski

Bench
WR-Nicks
WR-S. Johnson
WR-DHB
RB-M. Bush
RB-S. Taylor
TE-Eifret
Pretty good, I hope for your sake Nicks and Austin stay healthy, overall you can win with the team but it's hard to say without seeing the other teams.

I like your starting RBs and flex, clearly a strength that should carry you to some wins.
Old 09-01-2013, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went to get Steve Smith, couldn't scroll down fast enough, tried to scroll back up to get Torrey Smith, couldn't hit draft in time and it auto picked Nicks...
Old 09-01-2013, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Pretty good, I hope for your sake Nicks and Austin stay healthy, overall you can win with the team but it's hard to say without seeing the other teams.

I like your starting RBs and flex, clearly a strength that should carry you to some wins.
Actually if you don't mind I think you can see the teams here. They're on the right side.

Http://football.fantasysports.yahoo....2/2/draftrecap
Old 09-01-2013, 03:24 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

16 team re-draft just finished. it's full IDP but i'll spare you that and just list the offensive guys. we can start 2 qb's and they score tons of points so I took Weeden in the first. how do i look?

QB: Ben Roethlisberger (K)
QB: Brandon Weeden (1.13)
RB: Adrian Peterson (K)
RB: Stevan Ridley (K)
RB: Giovanni Bernard (1.12)
RB: Bryce Brown (5.12)
RB: Roy Helu (7.11)
WR: Brandon Marshall (K)
WR: Wes Welker (K)
WR: Kendall Wright (3.13)
WR: Cordarrelle Patterson (6.4)
WR: Kenny Stills (11.4)
TE: Jordan Cameron (4.4)
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

My big money league will be the only league I'll struggle with on who to start week to week at WR 2 between Nicks/Austin/Johnson. Well Johnson until he gets a QB anyway.
Old 09-01-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Final roster updated and my bench for my money league. Attempting to trade for Megatron what's a good offer?

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post

Final roster updated and my bench for my money league. Attempting to trade for Megatron what's a good offer?
You'd probably have to offer Thomas and Bush and be hoping that Torrey Smith can be as about as good a flex as Reggie. Even then I'm not sure he takes it, depending on what his roster looks like. You probably need him to be thin at running back for him to bite on a Calvin Johnson trade, and even then, if I had Calvin Johnson, the only way I'd consider trading him away is if I was getting two legitimate players that I'd expect to start all season.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:09 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

10 Team Non PPR

Looking to move a RB for a upgrade at WR/TE, Sproles/Jordan for Graham & Bernard/S Johnson for Jordy have been declined so far

What should I offer next?

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:59 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gronk practicing in full pads today made me kind of happy in the pants for my fantasy team.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

So I really want to trade for Gronk in my big money league. here's the roster he's on. I'll post my roster and y'all tell me what would be fair to trade.

His roster
Vick
Cobb
Marshall
Peterson
Vereen
Sudfield
Shorts

Bench
Reece
Gordon
Moreno
Gerhart
Gronk
Bernard

My roster
Matt Ryan
Rice
MJD
Nicks
D. Thomas
F. Davis
Sproles

Bench
S. Taylor
Eifert
M. Bush
DHB
S. Johnson
M. Austin
Old 09-01-2013, 08:25 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So let's say Michael Vick stays healthy all year and ends up between the Top 5-10 QB's this season. How does he look as a keeper heading in to next year? He'd be 34 and needs to be re-signed, along with the injury risk..
Old 09-01-2013, 08:44 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Actually if you don't mind I think you can see the teams here. They're on the right side.

Http://football.fantasysports.yahoo....2/2/draftrecap
I think you've got a chance to take the league.There's no team I really prefer over one another, this is one time I think the yahoo rankings did well. There was 4 teams I liked more than the others, and you were one of the 4 so I'd say that's a positive. Of course thats just my opinion which doesn't really matter much
Old 09-01-2013, 08:54 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
So let's say Michael Vick stays healthy all year and ends up between the Top 5-10 QB's this season. How does he look as a keeper heading in to next year? He'd be 34 and needs to be re-signed, along with the injury risk..
Well, that's a really big if, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My team-- 10 man league, standard. Had the 3rd pick.

QB- Tony Romo
RB- Doug Martin
RB- MJD
WR- Julio Jones
WR- V-Jax
WR- Jordy Nelson
TE- Greg Olsen

BN- Wes Welker
BN- Cordarrelle Patterson
BN- Gio Bernard
BN- Jordan Cameron
BN- Julian Edelman
BN- Carson Palmer

K- Gostkowski

DEF- Cincy
D- Lavonte David
DL- Michael Johnson
DB- Reshad Jones
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:06 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I finally had my draft. 10 team/PPR/non-keeper. What do you think?

QB Colin Kaepernick
WR Calvin Johnson
WR Brandon Marshall
RB Frank Gore
RB Gio Bernard
TE Jordan Cameron
Flex Andre Johnson
K Justin Tucker
D/ST Cleveland

Bench
WR Mike Williams
WR TY Hilton
WR Cecil Shorts
RB Ahmad Bradshaw
RB Christine Michael
TE Brandon Pettigrew
QB Matt Schaub

I went WR with the 1st 3 picks, then took a couple more later that fell in my lap, with the intention of trading for an upgrade at RB.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:31 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What WRs would be equal value for Frank Gore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
What WRs would be equal value for Frank Gore?
T.Y. Hilton
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:10 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
10 team non-ppr 7th pick, how did i do?

QB Russell Wilson
RB Jamaal Charles
RB Matt Forte
WR Andre Johnson
WR Reggie Wayne
WR Dwayne Bowe
TE Jordan Cameron
FL David Wilson
D/ST Cincinnati