Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 08-31-2013, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Compensation? Hopefully no more than a 7th
I would guess 7th. Hasn't been reported anywhere that I've seen.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:04 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm surprised that Moore got cut since I remember Kiffin talking about the importance of corners after they drafted Webb. He said that the third corner was hugely important because he's only a snap away from starting, and with Claiborne missing the preseason I figured they'd keep a guy like Moore who can play multiple spots with some experience to help move Webb along.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I'm surprised that Moore got cut since I remember Kiffin talking about the importance of corners after they drafted Webb. He said that the third corner was hugely important because he's only a snap away from starting, and with Claiborne missing the preseason I figured they'd keep a guy like Moore who can play multiple spots with some experience to help move Webb along.
I imagine it came down to wanting their 4th CB to be an outside guy. Webb is a purely slot corner and Moore was always best when kicked inside.

I'm honestly shocked they kept someone like Frampton over Moore. Since we signed Moore I thought he would ultimately end up as a FS.

We've honestly lined up a CB in a trade with Moore/Pellerin as backups or PS candidates.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:27 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gotta think there will be a lot more moves before our game with the giants.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:07 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
I would guess 7th. Hasn't been reported anywhere that I've seen.
I thought it was reported it was our 6th and him plus their 7th. So we moved back a round. I always prefer that over giving up a pick outright. More chances the better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:12 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I thought it was reported it was our 6th and him plus their 7th. So we moved back a round. I always prefer that over giving up a pick outright. More chances the better.
Correct. When we were discussing it the details weren't available we were speculating.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:52 AM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Practice Squad

Keep us updated whoever has info. Still think their might be another trade.
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:04 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrlopez1 View Post
Keep us updated whoever has info. Still think their might be another trade.
Jeff Sullivan ‏@SullyBaldHead 2m
Thought Sean Lissemore would play a big role on this team, but didn't take to new 4-3 scheme, and looks like he's headed to San Diego now.

Todd Archer ‏@toddarcher 4m
Cowboys with another trade: deal DT Sean Lissemore to SD for 2015 seventh rounder, according to sources

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 09-01-2013, 12:08 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus 33m
Been told from a couple of different sources that the front office is in the claim game. Don't know names but just waiting for results.

More moves coming

Old 09-01-2013, 12:23 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lissemore was my pet cat for a while. I'm gonna miss him. *sniff*

Old 09-01-2013, 12:41 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Lissemore

It's always sad to see players leave but this is the business. Good player but not a super star. Those 7 Round pics...u just never know. Good deal I think it is a plus plus for both teams.
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:46 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Lissemore was my pet cat for a while. I'm gonna miss him. *sniff*
i never understood why some of u guys were so in love with lissemore. to me he was high motor rotational guy, nothing special. you will be missed by many lissemore.....but not me
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lookin at the cut list i see the giants let go of marvin austin, and kc tony moeaki

i do like austin, i do think his skill set better suits our scheme than the giants 2 gap scheme
Old 09-01-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Cowboys Addicts ‏@Cowboysaddicts 2m
According to @BryanBroaddus Cowboys claimed and were awarded LB Kyle Bosworth and UDFA that played for Jax & was with the NYG #CowboysNation

Old 09-01-2013, 03:03 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

IRVING, Texas – For those upset the Cowboys cut quarterback Alex Tanney because they feared he would be claimed by another team, breathe a sigh of relief.

Tanney cleared waivers and was signed to the Cowboys’ practice squad, according to a source.

In five preseason games, Tanney completed 40 of 73 passes for 423 yards with a touchdown and two interceptions.

Wide receivers Danny Coale and Tim Benford will be on the practice squad for the second straight year. The Cowboys also added guard Ray Dominguez, defensive end Jason Vega, cornerback Micah Pellerin, safety Jakar Hamilton and linebacker Cameron Lawrence to the practice squad.

The Cowboys had hoped to re-sign Brandon Magee to the practice squad, but the linebacker was claimed by Cleveland. The Cowboys are no longer on the hook for the $70,000 guarantee they had on his contract.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...tice-squad-set

Old 09-01-2013, 04:39 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
i never understood why some of u guys were so in love with lissemore. to me he was high motor rotational guy, nothing special. you will be missed by many lissemore.....but not me
I was hoping that he would be like Ratliff. He was a very athletic 7th round guy, and he looked like he could be a steal back in 2011 when he was playing well. Last year he didn't progress like some people thought, but I think it's because they put him at nose where he was limited. I thought he'd really shine in a 4-4, but unfortunately he didn't. For a 7th rounder they got a good amount of mileage out of him, so it's not a complete loss.

Old 09-02-2013, 08:23 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So with Ratliff on PUP and Lissemore traded what is our DT depth looking like? Hatcher is one starter and I guess Hayden is the other, what's behind them?
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:13 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Cowboys Addicts ‏@Cowboysaddicts 13m
Cowboys have traded TE Dante Rosario to Chicago for a conditional 7th round pick in 2014.

Old 09-02-2013, 09:15 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
So with Ratliff on PUP and Lissemore traded what is our DT depth looking like? Hatcher is one starter and I guess Hayden is the other, what's behind them?
DL: 8
Ware
Spencer
Hayden
Hatcher
Wilber
Bass
Selvie
L. Choen

Old 09-02-2013, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

More or less 'meh'. I imagine we're still in the process of making moves. The only DTs we have behind them are Ben Bass, whom would be slotted as the backup 3-tech, and Landon Cohen who is the closest thing to a 1-tech that we have on the roster.

I like moving Rosario for a 7th. He probably was close to being cut as Smith outplayed him and is a borderline extra OT when blocking.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:15 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
More or less 'meh'. I imagine we're still in the process of making moves. The only DTs we have behind them are Ben Bass, whom would be slotted as the backup 3-tech, and Landon Cohen who is the closest thing to a 1-tech that we have on the roster.

I like moving Rosario for a 7th. He probably was close to being cut as Smith outplayed him and is a borderline extra OT when blocking.
Think we are about to make Wilson a star.

Old 09-02-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Cool. They have three 7th rounders next year, so it'll be enough ammo to move up from #32 to #1 to get Jadeveon Clowney in the 2014 draft.

Old 09-02-2013, 03:48 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

who are some off the radar guys you would like to see the cowboys pick up that got cut loose.

Fernando velasco from tennessee and j'marcus webb are vets with alot experience would be upgrades to arkin and weems as backups
Old 09-02-2013, 04:28 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll

Well at least they are getting something for trash they throw out.

Look like we can start 4-0 to me.
BobTheCowboysTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:55 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLatJerrahJones View Post
Well at least they are getting something for trash they throw out.

Look like we can start 4-0 to me.
tell the truth r u stephen a. ssmith?