Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-31-2013, 05:25 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently Packers tried to field offers for DJ Williams before cutting him.

They need another RB and they definitely need to find a backup QB. Be interesting to see who they pick up

THere are some guys who were cut who are probably better players than some of the guys GB will have on their 53 man roster, but TT and Co LOVE their own guys so I wouldn't expect much change. Mainly talking about the OL depth. Van Roten, Taylor....whoever makes the roster. Very uninspiring bunch there
Old 08-31-2013, 06:07 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And here's the Packers 53 man roster....for now

http://www.packers.com/team/depth-chart.html

1. No way in hell they go into the year with Coleman as their backup QB. They'll sign a veteran sometime this week.

2. OL depth is very weak. Bulaga, Sherrod and Tretter out definitely plays a role. Some decent OLineman were cut today, guys who I'd certainly say are better than Van Roten and Lane Taylor. I'll be disappointed if they don't try to make some upgrades there

3. 3 RB's, with one of them having a very poor camp(Franklin). Gotta wonder if they sign McKnight or some other RB

4. John Kuhn once again makes the team. The guy just hasn't been a good lead blocker for awhile now. He's basically here for novelty reasons. With this weak OL, they could really use a bruising FB who gets the job done. Team loves Kuhn though so he won't e going anywhere. He IS good in blitz pickup still, at least

5. DL and DB is clearly the strength of the team. Very good depth here

6. OLB depth is poor. Mulumba is alright and Palmer is a rookie who didn't really show much this preseason. Mike Neal is likely part of this group, though he has big limitations, especially if he's asked to go into coverage
Old 08-31-2013, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2. OL depth is very weak. Bulaga, Sherrod and Tretter out definitely plays a role. Some decent OLineman were cut today, guys who I'd certainly say are better than Van Roten and Lane Taylor. I'll be disappointed if they don't try to make some upgrades there

How long until we give up on Sherrod? He's toast.

3. 3 RB's, with one of them having a very poor camp(Franklin). Gotta wonder if they sign McKnight or some other RB

Gotta be McKnight, I think. He's a good option as a return man and it's not like he's terrible as a change of pace guy.

4. John Kuhn once again makes the team. The guy just hasn't been a good lead blocker for awhile now. He's basically here for novelty reasons. With this weak OL, they could really use a bruising FB who gets the job done. Team loves Kuhn though so he won't e going anywhere. He IS good in blitz pickup still, at least

That's why he made the team. He's the only guy to spell Lacy on passing downs right now. Starks and Franklin are both very poor pass protectors and if we bring in McKnight, so is he. There has to be someone to spell Lacy on a 3rd and 5 or 6 that can pass protect. HAS to be. Kuhn is that guy and it's not even close.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:10 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since we won the Super Bowl it feels like the quality depth on this team has diminished with each passing year and the burden grows greater for Aaron to lead this team to success.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:26 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Here's the current practice squad so far

TE Jake Stoneburner
QB Scott Tolzien
CB James Nixon
WR Myles White
WR Charles Johnson
Old 09-01-2013, 01:39 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
That's why he made the team. He's the only guy to spell Lacy on passing downs right now. Starks and Franklin are both very poor pass protectors and if we bring in McKnight, so is he. There has to be someone to spell Lacy on a 3rd and 5 or 6 that can pass protect. HAS to be. Kuhn is that guy and it's not even close.

It's all good. Browns just released Brandon Jackson.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:45 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reports that Coleman has been released and Seneca Wallace is in as backup QB. Strange to see this front office scrambling like this. Even if I don't always agree with the moves they make there at least seems to be a plan. This is just weird.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
Reports that Coleman has been released and Seneca Wallace is in as backup QB. Strange to see this front office scrambling like this. Even if I don't always agree with the moves they make there at least seems to be a plan. This is just weird.
I think they were literally shocked that neither Coleman nor Harrell took any sort of step forward. That said, Seneca Wallace is a nice backup. He has wco experience and boasts a nice career TD-INT ratio and qb rating.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very, very strange to be signing the #1 backup to Rodgers on the Monday of week one in the NFL.

I can't stand our offensive line.
If our bookends against the 49ers next week are Bahktiari and Newhouse, I got the odds at 35% that Rodgers escapes the game uninjured.

And their run-blocking is equally as bad.

Again, I feel that OL Coach Jimmy Campen sucks.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

TT drafted Wallace when he was with Seattle, so it makes sense

We all knew they were gonna find a backup QB.

Now, I'd like them to find better replacements for Van Roten and Lane Taylor, but I'm not holding my breath
Old 09-02-2013, 12:36 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Good news. Morgan Burnett and Brad Jones, as well as Jarrett Bush, returned to practice today

the only DNP was Casey Hayward, however. Not having him will be a big blow, but its week 1 and they need him at 100%, so let him rest up as long as possible. They rushed him back after his hamstring pull and he re-aggravated it. Don't want it to be a recurring thing
Old 09-02-2013, 05:25 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
TT drafted Wallace when he was with Seattle, so it makes sense

We all knew they were gonna find a backup QB.

Now, I'd like them to find better replacements for Van Roten and Lane Taylor, but I'm not holding my breath
Taylor is a better player than Van Roten but doesn't provide the versatility.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:49 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Newhouse going to be the starter next week or Bark?

Quote:
Bryan Bulaga was slated to start at left tackle for the Packers this season, but a season-ending ACL injury may force fourth-round pick David Bakhtiari to start in his place. If Bakhtiari can't adjust to the NFL game quickly enough, Aaron Rodgers may find himself on the run this season.

In the NFL last season, quarterbacks were either sacked or put under duress on 22.0 percent of their total drop-backs. The Packers were below that average (20.5 percent) in their first nine games, all played with Bulaga. Following Bulaga's season-ending injury in Week 9, however, the Packers allowed pressure on 26.4 percent of their drop-backs.

The increase in pressure occurred even with opponents dialing back on the number of pass-rushers. The Packers faced four or fewer rushers on 72.5 percent of their drop-backs with Bulaga, but that rate increased to 82.5 percent after his injury. For comparison, that rate was the equivalent of the team that used such pressure most frequently last season.

Although Rodgers and the Packers found themselves under more pressure without Bulaga last season, the running game did benefit. The Packers averaged nearly a half a yard more per rush without Bulaga. On rushes to the right -- Bulaga's side last season -- the Packers averaged 3.9 yards with him and 4.4 yards without him.
-- ESPN Stats & Information

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 09-02-2013 at 10:25 PM.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:52 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Is Newhouse going to be the starter next week or Bark?

-- ESPN Stats & Information
Everything I'm seeing points to Barclay as the starter and Newhouse as the primary backup at both OT positions. I don't mind having Newhouse as a backup. We've seen him put good stretches together. Just too many lapses to rely on as a full-time starter.

Really hoping Sherrod can come of PUP this season but I fear he may never suit up for the Packers.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:55 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thank goodness football is back....

Really happy we got Seneca Wallace, we needed to bring in a vet to backup Arod.

Really excited to see Eddie Lacy against 49ers; it will be a great test of our OL and him. I hope they are the real deal.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:57 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
Everything I'm seeing points to Barclay as the starter and Newhouse as the primary backup at both OT positions. I don't mind having Newhouse as a backup. We've seen him put good stretches together. Just too many lapses to rely on as a full-time starter.

Really hoping Sherrod can come of PUP this season but I fear he may never suit up for the Packers.
Gotta think that Barclay gets the nod as well, and that if either Barclay or Bahktiari screw up royally, then Newhouse is going to be off the bench quickly. More worried about Bahktiari then Barclay as the Smiths are on Bahktiari's side.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:52 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sport...owTwt_BAYBrand

Distraction for 49ers?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:27 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Nah, don't see that
Old 09-03-2013, 11:07 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
That would be great.
Still, Alden is fresh and will be a huge handful for Bakhtiari. And Justin Smith as well.

Those guys are great at stunts too.

This test is the hardest one the Packers will face all year, so it only will get better after this week.

McCarthy has to know this, and gameplan accordingly.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:03 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Interesting piece. Granted it is based on a preseason matchup with the Rams but the analysis of Lacy's possible affect on the GB offense is a good read.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...fensive-attack
Old 09-04-2013, 10:06 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't studied the film or anything, but my preseason impression was that having Lacy in the backfield made Finley a more effective player. If I'm not mistaken, Finley hasn't been impressive since GB had pre-injury Ryan Grant to keep defenses honest.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's so nice to see a guy who you played against make it to the NFL.

WAR MULUMBA

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:18 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pulling for Mulumba. I went to Eastern Michigan (that's why my avatar is an EMU), so I always pull for those guys no matter who they play for.

Last edited by WCH : 09-04-2013 at 11:07 AM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

No surprise but Hayward has been ruled OUT for the Niners game. Really hopin this hamstring issue won't be a season long problem. Already missed most of training camp/preseason and is now at least missing Week 1 after re-aggravating it

Jarrett Bush was limited.

Last edited by BloodBrother : 09-04-2013 at 01:35 PM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
No surprise but Hayward has been ruled OUT for the Niners game
Ouch.

On the bright side, Hyde should be almost as good as a run support nickle guy. I fear seeing him match up one on one with Vernon on a seam route but I'm still more concerned about defending the run.