Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 09-05-2013, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
In a .5 PPR, pick 3:

Jordy Nelson @ SF
Antonio Brown vs. TEN
Torrey Smith @ DEN
Eric Decker vs. BAL
Cecil Shorts vs. KC
T.Y. Hilton vs. OAK

Call me an Antonio Brown believer.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
In a .5 PPR, pick 3:

Jordy Nelson @ SF
Antonio Brown vs. TEN
Torrey Smith @ DEN
Eric Decker vs. BAL
Cecil Shorts vs. KC
T.Y. Hilton vs. OAK
I'd go Jordy, Brown, Decker.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I asked once, but looking for a second opinion:

Baltimore D(playing Denver)

or

Cowboys D(Playing Giants)

stuck here...not really the best options for this week.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:03 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
In a .5 PPR, pick 3:

Jordy Nelson @ SF
Antonio Brown vs. TEN
Torrey Smith @ DEN
Eric Decker vs. BAL
Cecil Shorts vs. KC
T.Y. Hilton vs. OAK
Interesting group. I'd play Nelson, Brown and Smith just b/c that's why you drafted them. I like all 6 of them, though, and could see subbing any one of the other 3 for Brown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post

or

Cowboys. They may give up more points than the Ravens but Eli and Wilson are far more likely to give up sacks and fumbles and those have more impact on the DST score than a TD or two.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Elvis...

Do you start Rivers or Dalton this week?
Old 09-05-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
In a .5 PPR, pick 3:

Jordy Nelson @ SF
Antonio Brown vs. TEN
Torrey Smith @ DEN
Eric Decker vs. BAL
Cecil Shorts vs. KC
T.Y. Hilton vs. OAK
I think I'd go Jordy, Decker and the last one is a toss-up between Brown and Smith, I'd probably give the edge to Brown at this point in time.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:15 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Interesting group. I'd play Nelson, Brown and Smith just b/c that's why you drafted them. I like all 6 of them, though, and could see subbing any one of the other 3 for Brown.
Yeah that was a series of good buys in an auction when I missed out on the top tier wideouts. That's what I'm leaning towards at this point since Smith has a plus matchup it's tough between him and Decker this week. I love Shorts this year too and Hilton I like also, just have to see how his PT shakes out.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

or

Cowboys. At least Eli might throw a few picks or Wilson may fumble. Peyton doesn't throw many INTs so you'd be relying on Hillman to fumble. Which is possible, but they'll still score 30+ pts, while I could see the Giants possibly scoring under 20.

Again, neither is an ideal matchup. But i'd go with the team playing Eli rather than Peyton
Old 09-05-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Why are NFL.coms projections always such a joke? Chris Johnson is supposed to score the most of anyone 26.20pts, while a guy like Jason Witten is projected at 2.8, Montee Ball at .10,
Old 09-05-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Elvis...

Do you start Rivers or Dalton this week?
lol . . . just realized I answered your question kind of piecemeal. Two posts b/c I neglected to answer the DST part on my first go-round. Preseason kinks . . .

Dalton (solid start any time with upside, even if he is not flashy) and the Cowboys DST for the reasons mentioned.

Quote:
Yeah that was a series of good buys in an auction when I missed out on the top tier wideouts. That's what I'm leaning towards at this point since Smith has a plus matchup it's tough between him and Decker this week. I love Shorts this year too and Hilton I like also, just have to see how his PT shakes out.
Agreed. I love Hilton but starting him while the Colts are making the (very weird?) choice to list DHB as WR2 is too risky for me, especially with other very nice options.

Decker's touches are a big question mark w/Welker in town so he gets the same treatment.

Brown v. Shorts is close. Brown has a far better QB situation but a tough Oline and RB situation. I think Shorts is the more likely of the two to really blow up simply b/c teams will be playing MJD first. I also think the Titans destroy the Steelers. Just a gut feeling on the big week one upset. The Oline makes a huge difference and the Titans DST is on every one of my "scout team" and/or "watch lists" right now.

OT, but since I'm bringing up the Titans DST . . .

I like them and the Cardinals DST this year for similar reasons. Both teams should see a much improved offense, which means less time on the field (taking a beating) for the defense. Palmer is not a stud but the Cards seriously had zero NFL caliber talent at QB last year. Palmer is enough to make a huge improvement for that offense, thus supporting the DST a bit more by keeping them on the sidelines. The Titans for the reason above - shiny new (and beastly) oline. Add to that the impact Locker will have (he will benefit from a mean ground game) and they should allow the DST time to breath.

Old 09-05-2013, 01:36 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Why are NFL.coms projections always such a joke? Chris Johnson is supposed to score the most of anyone 26.20pts, while a guy like Jason Witten is projected at 2.8, Montee Ball at .10,
I think that they will be right on CJ?K. Witten looks like it must be a mistake. Ball may not see the field much b/c he's a liability in pass pro.

MFL (via fantasysharks.com) has CJ?K at a paltry 10 points as does CBS. (Both roughly 70 rushing / 30 receiving & 0 TD.)

Old 09-05-2013, 01:43 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

26.20 just sounds high, even for a Titans fan. We're talking about 140 total yards and 2 tds. For a guy that didn't get many tds last season that seems high.

He should get close to 100 yards rushing, maybe pick up 20 receiving, and maybe a td but I'd have a hard time seeing him get 2 since we signed Shonn Greene.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Amendola is dealing with a groin injury..do I start Jordyzzz just to be safe?
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

something tells me i should start Torrey Smith over Hakeem Nicks this week. What should I do!

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:31 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So Dalton vs Bears over Rivers vs. Houston?

wow, that is a bad one to pick..

3rd opinion for tie breaker..
Is EJ Manuel available...?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:32 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
something tells me i should start Torrey Smith over Hakeem Nicks this week. What should I do!
I like Torrey Smith over Hakeem Nicks this week. I also have a bad taste in my mouth as a previous owner of Nicks.

Old 09-05-2013, 02:42 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
You should start Torrey Smith over Hakeem Nicks this week.

Old 09-05-2013, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Is EJ Manuel available...?
No, unfortunately not. It is Dalton or Rivers this week
Old 09-05-2013, 03:14 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
No, unfortunately not. It is Dalton or Rivers this week
Then I'd go with Dalton.

Old 09-05-2013, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Torn over whether to start Tom Brady or Tony Romo. Originally I was set on Brady and didn't even consider Romo, then I read this nugget from Matthew Berry.
Quote:
Has thrown for over 300 yards in three of his past four games against the Giants, including both of the games last season. He's thrown for more touchdowns against the Giants than any other team -- granted, he plays them twice a year -- and with the offensive line issues of the Cowboys, I can't see them running very effectively here.
Quote:
Romo is a top-five play for me this week and, just remember, it's September. Tony Romo doesn't break your heart until December.
Then I also thought about the fact that this will be Brady's first game with his new set of receivers, no Hernandez, Gronk is doubtful, and the Patriots have their running game to fall back on.

Then I also went back and looked at the opener from the 2006 season, Brady's first game with no Deion Branch or David Givens. He went 11/23, 163 yards, two touchdowns, an interception, and two fumbles. The running game combined for 183 yards.

I'm leaning towards starting Romo now, but what do you guys think?

Last edited by Jcn92 : 09-05-2013 at 04:28 PM.
Jcn92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Romo on opening day is cash money yo, take it to the bank.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you've already decided on Romo. Otherwise, I don't know if you can use his history against the Giants on the scale when Brady is playing his whipping boy, but either of them work.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:59 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eddie Lacey
Monte Ball
Mark Ingram
Who do I start at 2nd RB !??
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:01 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for the input guys I think I will go with Torrey, I think it's going to be a big year with him being the #1 guy for sure now.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:07 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
Eddie Lacey
Monte Ball
Mark Ingram
Who do I start at 2nd RB !??

Lacy, not even close

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote