Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who will have the greater career?
RG3 6 5.41%
Wilson 12 10.81%
Kaepernick 16 14.41%
Luck 77 69.37%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-07-2013, 06:09 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Jaws and us (49erNation85, Docta, J-Mike88, Ness, VernonLawson89, yo123) are the only ones with Kaepernick here?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
So Jaws and us (49erNation85, Docta, J-Mike88, Ness, VernonLawson89, yo123) are the only ones with Kaepernick here?
I have literally no respect for Jaw's QB rating potential.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:09 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jaws just loves arm talent. He is a big Flacco fan because of his arm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:59 AM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how do you not put cam newton on that list?
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:23 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy Picks View Post
how do you not put cam newton on that list?
I've already explained it and what has he done to put himself up there with these guys other than his record-setting yardage his first 2 games?

First, these other 4 guys all began their playing careers last season. They're linked.

Second, they each piloted teams to the playoffs their first year, and took their teams further than the year before.
Newton has an extra full year worth of starts under his belt, and has yet to sniff the playoffs. It's not all on him, but it is what it is.

Cam Newton threw 19 TD passes last year, one more than Christian Ponder.

The year before, Newton threw 21 total TD passes, 3 less than Ryan Fitzpatrick did. And five less than Mark Sanchez did.

His 2 seasons passer rating were 86 and then 84. Total pedestrian. Sure he runs for a lot of yardage, but so do Kaepernick, Wilson, RG3, and those guys still maintain impressive passing credentials, which help lead to game wins.

The love & admiration from some people on Newton baffles me. I think everyone remembers the record yardage he racked up his first 2 games out the shoot, and they fail to remember all his failures after that coming up choke.

He's 13-19 in 2 seasons.
He's had 8 games with passer ratings in the 60's or below. That's 1/4th of his games to date. They lost each of those games except last year's finale vs the Saints when Cam completed 48% of his passes with zero TD's and 1 Int, for a passer rating of 61.2.
I guess 210 yards from DeAngelo Williams & a 69-yard punt return from Amanti Edwards helped.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:36 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've already explained it and what has he done to put himself up there with these guys other than his record-setting yardage his first 2 games?

First, these other 4 guys all began their playing careers last season. They're linked.

Second, they each piloted teams to the playoffs their first year, and took their teams further than the year before.
Newton has an extra full year worth of starts under his belt, and has yet to sniff the playoffs. It's not all on him, but it is what it is.

Cam Newton threw 19 TD passes last year, one more than Christian Ponder.

The year before, Newton threw 21 total TD passes, 3 less than Ryan Fitzpatrick did. And five less than Mark Sanchez did.

His 2 seasons passer rating were 86 and then 84. Total pedestrian. Sure he runs for a lot of yardage, but so do Kaepernick, Wilson, RG3, and those guys still maintain impressive passing credentials, which help lead to game wins.

The love & admiration from some people on Newton baffles me. I think everyone remembers the record yardage he racked up his first 2 games out the shoot, and they fail to remember all his failures after that coming up choke.

He's 13-19 in 2 seasons.
He's had 8 games with passer ratings in the 60's or below. That's 1/4th of his games to date. They lost each of those games except last year's finale vs the Saints when Cam completed 48% of his passes with zero TD's and 1 Int, for a passer rating of 61.2.
I guess 210 yards from DeAngelo Williams & a 69-yard punt return from Amanti Edwards helped.
He's on a significantly worse team. I think you'd be hard pressed to find 5 players on the Panthers that would start on any of those teams.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 09-08-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I were putting money one someone, it'd be Luck. I'm not all-in on Kaep or Wilson yet, and even though I think RG3 is amazing, he's much riskier with the knee injury.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:14 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
He's on a significantly worse team.
And that's part of the process right there.
Has he made them better?
Did Luck make his crappy team better? Even though I am not in love with Luck as some are, he clearly made big plays to win games and guided his rebuilding team to the playoffs.
Old 09-08-2013, 02:06 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think its luck without question and then I think I have to go with Wilson.

Mainly because at some point... maybe not this year or next but the read option is going to get nullified and RGIII and Kaepernick are going to hurt because of it (more so RGIII). Not to mention it is far more likely that one of those two is going to explode into a fine mist of blood and tendons.

Now if Kaepernick can be successful in a more Pro Style offense where he isn't forced to create with his legs to be successful then I would easily rank him above Wilson but at this point I would be hard pressed.
Old 09-08-2013, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Nameless Ghoul
Rookie

Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We got a sneak peak at the new class today.

EJ Manuel, Geno Smith and Terrell Pryor... I was pretty impressed and entertained. Hopefully these guys continue to develop as the season goes on.
Nameless Ghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
And that's part of the process right there.
Has he made them better?
Did Luck make his crappy team better? Even though I am not in love with Luck as some are, he clearly made big plays to win games and guided his rebuilding team to the playoffs.
The crappiness of Luck's team is vastly overstated they go off and say "Look they only won two games the season before." But that was with Curtis Painter as their QB. There was no choice but to garner a massive improvement.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 09-08-2013, 06:54 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I think its luck without question and then I think I have to go with Wilson.

Mainly because at some point... maybe not this year or next but the read option is going to get nullified and RGIII and Kaepernick are going to hurt because of it (more so RGIII). Not to mention it is far more likely that one of those two is going to explode into a fine mist of blood and tendons.

Now if Kaepernick can be successful in a more Pro Style offense where he isn't forced to create with his legs to be successful then I would easily rank him above Wilson but at this point I would be hard pressed.
Kaep didn't run much at all today. Turns out the guy is pretty good at throwing it as well. I can't vote in this poll, as I think all 4 guys will have great careers.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:28 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
Kaep didn't run much at all today. Turns out the guy is pretty good at throwing it as well. I can't vote in this poll, as I think all 4 guys will have great careers.
Yeah I was just coming to insert my foot in my mouth.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:40 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Yeah I was just coming to insert my foot in my mouth.
Hah. No need for that. I certainly didn't expect those kinds of passing numbers from him today. I was very surprised and very impressed. I'm impressed with all four of these guys. Can't wait to see RG3 in action tomorrow night.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Guru
Rookie

Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think all these guys are going to be good and the only real thing that will separate all of these guys are their supporting cast and SB rings? They're all very talented in my book.
Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had to be all homerish and vote for Kaep.
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:40 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Luck, but I would take any of the 5 including caaammm

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:03 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love you guys. Hugs 'n kisses.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:25 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bradford is having a break out year. He really took control of that game when he drove the Rams back to the win. I really like him most of the youngins after Luck and Cam. Kaep's a beast to, Tannehill is a stud in the making and Russell works crazy hard. But Sam's really taking command this year and going to drive those rams to a lot of wins.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:34 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bradford isn't a young gun and one game doesn't mean a breakout season. He has better coaching and weapons now so I'm sure that will help. But I'll believe it when I see it consistently.

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-09-2013, 01:40 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Which is fair, come seasons end we'll know if my prediction on Bradford holds true, but I think this will be looked back on as the year Sam broke out, and that first game was exactly what I was looking for. The rams were down the cards had the momentum with Palmer looking rejuvenated, and then Sam took charge of that offense and won that game for them. He wasn't just making plays, he was in control, the way that the elite QBs do when their teams need them. I'm hoping he'll continue that through the year and given the tools at his disposal and finally having stability in the coaching staff, I think there's a very good chance he does keep it up.

As I've said so often this summer, this will be a very exciting year in the NFC.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:59 AM    (permalink
Guru
Rookie

Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bradford isn't a young gun and one game doesn't mean a breakout season. He has better coaching and weapons now so I'm sure that will help. But I'll believe it when I see it consistently.
How exactly young does one need to be to be a young gun.
Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:21 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru View Post
How exactly young does one need to be to be a young gun.
This is his 4th year in the league. The players he was compared to are all 2nd year starters. I would group him in with Stafford, Ryan, Flacco, Freeman, etc.

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-09-2013, 05:31 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
This is his 4th year in the league. The players he was compared to are all 2nd year starters. I would group him in with Stafford, Ryan, Flacco, Freeman, etc.
Sam Bradford is exactly 5 days older than Colin Kaepernick. He may have been starting earlier, but from a young perspective he's right there wiht them.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:58 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Early leaders in the clubhouse.... Kaepernick does things nobody else can do.
I hate that guy, but give him his due.

His throws are so much more accurate than Newton.