Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-06-2013, 11:27 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
honestly, people buy tablets because they're either grossly misunderstanding their own usage, or they buy the hype. without engaging bbd, my ipad is the single most useless device i've ever owned (it was a gift from work). i use it to mess with in bed or on airplanes, but it offers no advantage over a phone or a traditional laptop in any way that matters (and i wouldn't miss it if i didn't have it). all it really does is look 'cool'.

i see where you're coming from, but i don't accept the premise that sales of tech device are any sign of its actual utility. one doesn't have to look any further than the console wars to realize how hopelessly inept some folks are at understanding relatively simple tech specs, let alone figuring out their own usage patterns or the optimal device they should be using.

and i think wifi, in any near-urban area, is easily good enough for what most people do. no one's looking (well, no one's looking with any degree of seriousness) to stream in 1080p on their laptop at this point, and any wifi network is perfectly capable of delivering just about anything up to that level without issue.

lastly, and only because i don't want to edit my above paragraph in and didn't notice it in time: no one likes the form factor. it sucks to type on, it's inconvenient for a wide array of uses (ergonomically) and is extremely limiting. people like that it's lightweight (not difficult to do in a laptop), that it's basically instant-on (see above), and that it's "cool". look at the air: if it didn't have an idiotic apple(r) price point, i have zero doubt it would be used more than ipads. it fits all of the criteria, but is actually usable. and it could be even lighter/smaller/cooler if they'd just chuck the HDD. *shrug*
I think it uses 125 GB Solid State now.

I'm looking into a tablet like the nexus 7, because I want to be able to pull up large and multiple engineering drawing PDFs, and make sure the **** being built is right. I'm buy one of those pens with it, so I can circle and mark things out. And use it as a writing pad. Other than that, games and to watch something in bed. I love my laptop gives me more control. I just don't want to carry 100 lbs of drawings around with me.

I even thought about one of those tablet laptops, but I"m not so sure how much I would end up using it. And if it is as light and thin as the tablet.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
In reality, the nexus 4 was basically a carbon copy of the Galaxy Nexus.
Eh? How do you figure that?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:05 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
I even thought about one of those tablet laptops, but I"m not so sure how much I would end up using it. And if it is as light and thin as the tablet.
You should wait and check out the Asus Transformer Pad Infinity. They have a new one coming out in a few weeks.. It'll probably be around $200 more than a Nexus 7, but it's a 10" with sexy specs and has a keyboard dock which also adds a few hours of battery life, if you're into that sort of thing.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:31 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

400 doesn't sound so bad, docking would allow me to use it more often. I wanted to keep it small, but we shall see. If I get busy likes it's planning on, then im have to go with the 7.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:38 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
400 doesn't sound so bad, docking would allow me to use it more often. I wanted to keep it small, but we shall see. If I get busy likes it's planning on, then im have to go with the 7.
I have a previous version of it... the keyboard folds like a laptop and doubles the battery life.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:54 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only thing that concerns me there is how well the Android interface would play with a keyboard and a cursor. Designed from the ground up for touch. Something like that does interest me though.

I'll tell you one thing I really want to see; an Android gaming handheld that doesn't suck. There's a ton of Chinese ones out there, but there are build quality and performance concerns with those. Supposedly the Nvidia Shield is pretty cool and has the added benefit of being able to stream PC games over a local Wifi network, but the design is horrendous. Really don't like the clamshell setup or the button and stick layout. The specs are strong enough to emulate pretty much everything up to the PS2 though. Something like that would be fantastic for playing older games on. Playsation and SNES games just don't scale well on my 27″ 1440p monitor.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:25 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah it works fine. I choose to disable the mouse since I tend to hit it on accident so I just use the touch screen.

If I could go back and do it over though I would get a either a Razor Blade or an Asus 14" gaming rig.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:12 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I enjoy my table (1st gen Kindle with CM) for couch browsing and occasional movies/netflix, but it is no where near as useful as a full laptop. I would much rather have a $200 tablet and a $300 laptop than a nice $500 tablet with keyboard set up.

I also picked up a $50 lapdock that I use occasionally that fills in a decent gap. My phone loads up a webtop mode that feel much better. Its a screen, mouse and extra battery that is slim and I won't sweat if it breaks. No speakers though sadly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just ordered an HTC One from Amazon. Have never had an Android phone before. Hold me.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:28 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Just ordered an HTC One from Amazon. Have never had an Android phone before. Hold me.
What phone do you have now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
I enjoy my table (1st gen Kindle with CM) for couch browsing and occasional movies/netflix, but it is no where near as useful as a full laptop. I would much rather have a $200 tablet and a $300 laptop than a nice $500 tablet with keyboard set up.

I also picked up a $50 lapdock that I use occasionally that fills in a decent gap. My phone loads up a webtop mode that feel much better. Its a screen, mouse and extra battery that is slim and I won't sweat if it breaks. No speakers though sadly.
I actually just bought a kindle fire HD and am really disappointed with it. I'm going to keep it for a little while, but i decided i'm either upgrading to an iPad (i'm a musician and there are a few apps that are very useful on the ipad...don't judge) or a Nexus 7.

The amazon app store just seems so limited...but it's video watching and what not is pretty sweet. I mostly use it for school books.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
What phone do you have now?
Iphone 4 on VZW
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:34 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Iphone 4 on VZW
you've come to the right side my friend.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:21 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

iOS 7 is coming out today!!!!!

OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:39 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously considering the Nexus 5 if it has a significantly better camera. If not I'll definitely stick with the 4 for a long time. I will only upgrade if I can sell my N4 for a solid price. Which I probably can't since Google slashed prices recently. So I guess I'm keeping my N4. This was a cool story, thank you for reading.

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-10-2013, 09:42 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

when the **** is iOS 7 coming out?

I'm like sitting here like a giddy school girl waiting for the notification to pop up so I can download it. Don't tease me Apple. I don't like being teased.
Old 09-10-2013, 04:35 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Quote:
when the **** is iOS 7 coming out?

I'm like sitting here like a giddy school girl waiting for the notification to pop up so I can download it. Don't tease me Apple. I don't like being teased.
my girlfriend's iphone just got updated this morning. Sounds like you have a ****** apple product and should get your money back.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 09-10-2013, 04:40 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
my girlfriend's iphone just got updated this morning. Sounds like you have a ****** apple product and should get your money back.
dont lie and gimme the robot tag line, vikes. theres no update yet on my iphone either.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:22 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
dont lie and gimme the robot tag line, vikes. theres no update yet on my iphone either.
Calm down, SARF. I was trolling like you ******* do all day.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How do you get Adobe Flash 11.5 or greater on the Android?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:53 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Calm down, SARF. I was trolling like you ******* do all day.
trolling? i dunno what you're talking about, everything i post is true.

njx9 loves apple and apple products.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:19 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I'm more of a Cortland guy myself.

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-11-2013, 09:03 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

They're making us wait another week! Aaaaaaaaaah!

I should just jailbreak my phone and be done with it but whatever.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:11 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Its funny that no one cares about the iPhone so BBD comes in here because people actually talk about Androids.

I guess this is the "Phone thread" now?
Old 09-11-2013, 09:14 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

No one talks about the iPhone bc we don't have constant problems like you guys do. We don't need advice. Our stuff works. All. The. Time.

Plus, you guys have a new phone coming out like every 2 weeks. We don't. We're an exclusive club.