Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 09-07-2013, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Kyle472
Rookie

Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is a great example for other highly ranked highschool QBs that you don't need to go to a big name football school to be a very high draft pick.
Kyle472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:53 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle472 View Post
He is a great example for other highly ranked highschool QBs that you don't need to go to a big name football school to be a very high draft pick.
However, if you're a highly ranked HS QB, you should still probably go to a big name football school. Let's not pretend that going to Louisville is a move that is likely to work out.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:40 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Sandcastle View Post
Think he'll pass Clowney as the #1 overall pick this April. Elite prospect who's not far off from Andrew Luck coming out imo.

Yeah I said it.
Saying he is going before Clowney isn't a stretch. I've been saying it since the day after he 2013 draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Saying he is going before Clowney isn't a stretch. I've been saying it since the day after he 2013 draft.
I've been saying it since last year. Of course it's all going to depend on which team picks though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:45 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you don't have a franchise QB, you take one...and so far Teddy has looked the part. He will be more influential on the team that drafts him than Clowney would be....IF he doesn't turn out to be a bust, which I do not think he will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:18 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I've been saying it since last year. Of course it's all going to depend on which team picks though.
There is only one way Bridgewater doesn't go first. If Andrew Luck tears an ACL this week and the Colts finish with only 1 or 2 wins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:42 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure why but I'm not really a fan. I'm wishing by draft day Boyd and Mariota(IF he declares), pass him up. He'll probably end up in Jax.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 02:32 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
I'm not sure why but I'm not really a fan. I'm wishing by draft day Boyd and Mariota(IF he declares), pass him up. He'll probably end up in Jax.
I like Boyd a lot, too, and have a feeling Mariota's going to be the big riser this year.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
apb540
Rookie

apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really can't say whether or not this guy is an elite prospect until I see him play against some real competition, which might not happen till his bowl game. I mean, how can you really make comparisons off what you have currently seen this year? He has enough time to bake a cake in the pocket before he makes a decision.
apb540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bridgwater played well against good defenses last year. Rutgers, UNC, and the Florida game come to mind.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:57 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To me there's no question he's an elite prospect and should go #1 overall next year. It's pretty hard to find bad things to say about him but I think a couple reasonable concerns can be brought up.

First of all there's the level of competition factor that everyone brings up. This can't be ignored but at the same time there's not much he can do about it. He has played well against the good defenses he's faced, with Florida last year being the best example, but you would like to see how he plays against tough teams on a weekly basis. I don't believe you can throw out all of the tape of him against bad teams though as he still shows elite skills even if he has a lot of time to throw.

The other weakness I found is his deep ball accuracy. The guy is a surgeon when it comes to throwing crossing patterns and does a great job of leading receivers bit struggles when throwing vertical routes. It has nothing to do with his arm strength, which is more than adequate and seems to be even better this season, but he struggles to drop passes in over defenders in these situations. If you watch the Florida game the majority of his incompletions came in these situations. I haven't watched enough of him this year to see if this has improved but either way it's correctable at the next level.

While he isn't perfect it's clear he has elite intangibles, great pocket awareness, the athleticism to extend plays, great arm strength, and great ball placement on timing patterns. I'm not sure what else you're really looking for in a #1 Qb and in my opinion he's head and shoulders above the rest of the QB class.
fredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Level of competition is not the major issue that fans want it to be with QB prospects. Last year's Super Bowl QBs played at Delaware and Nevada. There's way more to a QB than the college he played at.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:35 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
However, if you're a highly ranked HS QB, you should still probably go to a big name football school. Let's not pretend that going to Louisville is a move that is likely to work out.
I would argue if you want to be a successful NFL qb you are more likely to pan out if you go to a mid level school where you will be relied on to carry the team.

If you suck and just want to get drafted and be out of the NFL after 3 years sure go to USC or ND
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is the song that will be played when Bridgewater gets selected: