Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-13-2013, 08:19 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My tablet came with one of those launchers and I hated it.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:22 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

iOS doesn't need launchers. It's already really really good.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:10 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you guys think Apple will try to create something new ever again or are they going to keep slapping a new number or an "s" on the same product over and over again?
Old 09-13-2013, 09:19 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't wait to unlock my phone with my fingerprint. And buy stuff with my fingerprint.

Keep putting in passcodes losers. I just gotta hit the home button. Get at me.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
Do you guys think Apple will try to create something new ever again or are they going to keep slapping a new number or an "s" on the same product over and over again?
Why do they need to spend money on research when you can just continue pumping everything into marketing? It has worked so far no reason to change now since the reanimated corpse of Steve Jobs isn't walking back into Apple HQ and forcing Jonathan Ive, the actual brain behind the iphone, to do something new.

Who needs informed buyers when you can aim at people like BBD who enjoy flashy commercials and trading their old phones in for pennies for the next revision each year?

:)
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:22 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I don't need to touch phones to share pictures and videos.

#iCloud
Old 09-13-2013, 09:31 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I don't trust google wallet yet. It won't become mainstream and effective until Apple uses it anyway. That's how it always is. Apple dictates the market, not Android.

It doesn't matter if you innovate anything, until Apple uses it as well, the application of the innovation won't have an impact.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:48 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Why do they need to spend money on research when you can just continue pumping everything into marketing? It has worked so far no reason to change now since the reanimated corpse of Steve Jobs isn't walking back into Apple HQ and forcing Jonathan Ive, the actual brain behind the iphone, to do something new.

Who needs informed buyers when you can aim at people like BBD who enjoy flashy commercials and trading their old phones in for pennies for the next revision each year?

:)
I can't shake the feeling that this is important. Steve Jobs isn't walking back into Apple Headquarters and forcing Jonathan Ive to do something new.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:14 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They were never innovating. They were great at editorializing and aggregating. Very few tech companies that achieve any sort of financial success are true innovators.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:24 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

That includes Android. They don't really innovate anything either. What was their innovation? Copying iOS and adding multiple home pages, or having bigger screens?

Whoopidy doo. They all copy and steal from each other. Which is why taking sides in this battle is comical.

Unless you work for one or the other who gives a ****

Competition is good for the industry. It drives R&D forward from all competing companies. Embrace it.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:27 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
That includes Android. They don't really innovate anything either. What was their innovation? Copying iOS and adding multiple home pages, or having bigger screens?

Whoopidy doo. They all copy and steal from each other. Which is why taking sides in this battle is comical.

Unless you work for one or the other who gives a ****

Competition is good for the industry. It drives R&D forward from all competing companies. Embrace it.
If you think the difference between Android and iOS is that small well then you have no place to argue... But the only reason we are even having any sort of discussion about this is your continued trolling.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:28 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

Bah...they're all just ripping off unix.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:37 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
If you think the difference between Android and iOS is that small well then you have no place to argue... But the only reason we are even having any sort of discussion about this is your continued trolling.
The main difference is simple: closed source vs open source. They both have their pros and cons.

It's really all preference. I can jailbreak my iPhone and pretty much have an android. You cant say the same about Android. It's open source and it is what it is. It's warts can't be reversed.

I can even download Android OS theme for a jailbroken iPhone if I want. I just don't want it. There's really nothing special about the Android OS. They sell you on the notion of customization as if they're the only customizable phones when it's simply not true at all.

The only argument they really have is hardware. Replaceable battery and SD card. But everything else means nothing. The processor speed doesn't mean ****. Even with inferior processor power the iPhone is faster bc of the hardware/software integration is simply far superior than any Android outside of the Nexus series.

Even the camera, despite having inferior specs, takes pictures of the same quality.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:44 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
bbd, basically nothing you just said is remotely true.
Pretty much comes down to this. I don't even know how to properly square up on any of that.

...and I'm not interested in doing so either. I really don't care that some people prefer iPhones. I understand it. Not a huge deal and nobody in this thread is really fanboying about anything besides him.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-13-2013, 10:49 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Just wait til iOS 7 launches. You're all gonna hate me.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:55 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
agree. it just reminds me of the radeon/geforce arguments, and the amd/intel arguments (back when that was more competitive). it's fun to poke back and forth, but the foaming-at-the-mouth rabidity gets a bit silly. i hope google/samsung/whoever realize this and stop with the "zomg, iphone people are teh dumb" ads.
Unfortunately, there's a crowd that appeals to. An obnoxious, self absorbed crowd....but it's really not all that different than some of the marketing Apple used to do with the "I'm a Mac! and I'm a PC!" thing, ironically enough.

There's a discussion to be had about how people use products to define their identity and how ****** up that is, but I'm just a tad too steamed about the game last night to be articulate about it.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-13-2013, 10:57 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Bruh, you won. Why are you mad?

Is it that awesome being a Patriots fan where you can be upset after winning? This is why everyone hates the Patriots.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:01 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bruh, you won. Why are you mad?

Is it that awesome being a Patriots fan where you can be upset after winning? This is why everyone hates the Patriots.
Red Sox lost brah...
Old 09-13-2013, 11:06 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
i've never raged harder than i did at those ads. basically every single thing justin long said in those was an outright lie. i have no idea why no one ever called apple on it.
Those ads led me to the greatness of the Mac. They're like black men. You never go back.

Quote:
Red Sox lost brah...
**** the redsox indeed. And I'm not a Yankees fan either. **** them too.

**** baseball while we're at it.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:08 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Red Sox lost brah...
Nah, I'm mad about the Patriots and fully acknowledge and own how stupid it is to be mad after a win. I'm not really THAT mad though...I'm just posting something in another tab about it that's a little more involved and don't feel like typing up the necessary exposition to that discussion in addition to that at the moment.

Quote:
i've never raged harder than i did at those ads. basically every single thing justin long said in those was an outright lie. i have no idea why no one ever called apple on it.
I honestly think that trolling people who knew better was part of the of their plan.

Also; jesus guys. I don't know what I did :(

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 09-13-2013 at 11:11 AM.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:28 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
i had to listen to 'yankees suck' and other variations at every gathering of more than 1.3 people for like, 3 years (and i neither like the yankees, nor baseball). i need to restore balance.
Yankee fans are equally awful. I was at a Giants/Saints game once and a let's go yankees chant started in my area during the Giants game. Yeah. I don't get it either.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just wait til iOS 7 launches. You're all gonna hate me.
We all already hate you. iOS 7 makes me hate you the same. It's like loving a puppy. It shits on the floor, but you're not mad at it and you still love it the same. Only this is with hate. And you're way less cute.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
We all already hate you. iOS 7 makes me hate you the same. It's like loving a puppy. It shits on the floor, but you're not mad at it and you still love it the same. Only this is with hate. And you're way less cute.
:( </3 You don't mean that :(

And I like to think I'm pretty handsome.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
:( </3 You don't mean that :(

And I like to think I'm pretty handsome.
Yeah you're right. I didn't mean that. I have yet to see a picture of you so I can't pass judgement.

edit: that is no invitation to send a dick pic.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:58 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC