Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-12-2013, 08:54 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just saw that Cleary will be in Detroit's camp :(

They need to move a forward to make room for him, but I'd rather see them move the forward to make room for Tatar. Cleary is not worth anywhere near what he is asking for. His knees are done.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:08 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sooo my friend is next to Bettman in his flight.

Told him to booo him just because.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:25 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
Sooo my friend is next to Bettman in his flight.

Told him to booo him just because.
Something has to be said or done. Bettman can't get away with this.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:29 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Something has to be said or done. Bettman can't get away with this.
yep. time to take the plane down
Old 09-12-2013, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dan Cleary, 1-year, $1.75 to re-sign in Detroit. Whoa.

I didn't want him back, but I can handle a 1-year commitment for that money. I just don't know how they Wings will clear three roster spots.

Darren Helm will begin the year on LTIR (ugh), but aside from that, no idea.

If Gustav Nyquist begins the year in Grand Rapids just to have Cleary back on the team, that's really stupid. He's ready to make an NHL impact. I'll also be furious if this means the Wings end up trading Tomas Tatar.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Babcock loves him though and I trust his judgment. Whatever. I don't sweat 1-year deals in the salary cap era.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oops, i lost part of my post. maybe we can trade tatar for hudler. might as well bring back some more garbage. i have a hard time trusting anyone who thinks cleary has a place on the team, unless they know about some impending retirements.
Bertuzzi will retire at the end of the season.

I'm far more angry that they didn't buy out Jordin Tootoo when they had the chance, especially knowing how badly they wanted to retain Cleary. Buying him out would have alleviated this problem almost entirely.

The worst news is that I'm reading stuff on Twitter about how Tatar is miffed and might go to the KHL if he doesn't get a full-time NHL gig this year. They better at least trade him if they're not gonna use him. Four years of wasted development in Grand Rapids though is tough to swallow. Stupid.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

With that said, I do not think Holland would have relented and brought Cleary back if he wasn't confident he could trade someone like Patrick Eaves (1 year, 1.2 million remaining).

And given the choice between Cleary and Eaves on the roster, I'm taking Cleary.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Guessing on the Red Wings' new forward line combos:

Henrik Zetterberg - Pavel Datsyuk - Justin Abdelkader
Johan Franzen - Stephen Weiss - Daniel Alfredsson
Gustav Nyquist - Joakim Anderson - Daniel Cleary
Drew Miller - Corey Emmerton - Patrick Eaves

LTIR: Darren Helm
Reserves: Todd Bertuzzi, Jordin Tootoo, Tomas Tatar, Mikael Samuelsson
More deserves: Luke Glendening, Tomas Jurco, Riley Sheahan, Landon Ferraro

Jesus that's a ton of forwards.

Corey Emmerton is easy to shed, but given Helm's injury, the Wings will try like hell to keep him because all their other reserve forwards are wingers. I'm betting Eaves gets traded for sure. It's a pipe dream that they can get rid of Tootoo. Maybe they can eat some of his salary (2 years, 1.9 million per).
Old 09-12-2013, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if i'm tatar i demand a trade. i'd take him over anybody xio just listed for detroit's bottom six and he's been dicked around for the past 2+ years now.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Patrick Kane or Phil Kessel ?

#MoncriefArmy
Old 09-12-2013, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen View Post
if i'm tatar i demand a trade. i'd take him over anybody xio just listed for detroit's bottom six and he's been dicked around for the past 2+ years now.
Those lines I listed are definitely subject to change. I expect Eaves to be traded, but it's no certainty that Tatar is the one to step into the lineup.

If Bertuzzi and Samuelsson play, they'll inevitably end up hurt, so spots will open.

But yeah, Tatar was apparently dropping hints about a KHL move if he doesn't secure an NHL spot regularly. He deserves one. Wings are dicking him around.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Those lines I listed are definitely subject to change. I expect Eaves to be traded, but it's no certainty that Tatar is the one to step into the lineup.

If Bertuzzi and Samuelsson play, they'll inevitably end up hurt, so spots will open.

But yeah, Tatar was apparently dropping hints about a KHL move if he doesn't secure an NHL spot regularly. He deserves one. Wings are dicking way too much of their good young talent around while playing oft injured over the hill crapfests instead.
Edited for accuracy

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:27 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
Patrick Kane or Phil Kessel ?
Kessel gets some undue **** but I still take Kane every time.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:19 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Tanguay and Landeskog where apparently telepathic today in camp, while Staz got some ahlers I've never heard of putting it in the net. Staz n tangers are gunna set Landy up for so many goals this year. If our captain doesn't break 30 I'll be disappointed.. Dutchy and Radar were also supposedly doing awesomer together as the day wore on.

Through Bigras looking like one of the best players on the ice in and the news from day one of Avs camp is super exciting. Can the season start yet?
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 03:35 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Petro signs the same contract that Karlsson did. Shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Staz got some ahlers I've never heard of putting it in the net.
It's like he's a really good player and can even make people think David Jones is a legit top-6 forward. Or something.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

https://vine.co/v/hnAj1rbBnwv

Oh you know just Gally being awesome.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 09-13-2013, 03:42 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

^ Sochi (dooooo it)
Old 09-13-2013, 07:50 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
So Petro signs the same contract that Karlsson did. Shocking.

It's like he's a really good player and can even make people think David Jones is a legit top-6 forward. Or something.
Psh, you've obviously never seen a Leafs-Avs trade proposal thread on HF, Staz is a one dimensional third liner who's been regressing for 3 years...or at least that's what the leafs fans who never watch the Avs tell me...
Old 09-13-2013, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

I think it's time for a NHL draft.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 09-16-2013, 01:03 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Anyone think Thomas would actually do well in Florida?
Old 09-16-2013, 06:00 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

I would have gone a different direction with the forward line combos

Z - Pav - Abby
Tatar - Andersson - Cleary
Mantha - Jarnkrok - Sammy
Glendering - Ferraro - Tootoo

Old 09-17-2013, 12:50 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

So Chris Bigras may just never get sent down since apparently he's decided not to stop being awesome. He's still just 190, but that's a lot more than Brodin was at last year, and the kid's really smart and can really skate.

Would be so huge if he pulled an O'Reilly and just blew past his expected developmental track. With EJ, Hejda and Barrie our D actually isn't terrible at 3 of our 4 top 4 spots, unfortunately Wilson is just alright, and that only for the few weeks a season he's actually healthy, so if Bigras forced his way onto the third pairing and could take over for Wilson when he goes down and did well, that would be so awesome.

Plus it would let us keep Elliott and Siemens together in Lake Erie for longer, cause they were dominant together in the WHL and both still have so much talent that needs to be polished.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:40 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Ten days? Is that a serious number?

Anyway, I'm still not entirely sure what our roster is going to look like, but it always seemed like just one of our young forwards (excluding Grigorenko) would jump this year to start and it is looking like it will be Johan Larsson as one of our top three centers.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:11 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

I'm so excited for this year. I can't wait to see Dutchy and Radar rip **** up on the first line. With all of the goals Landy's gunna score with Staz and Tanguay feeding him there will be no pressure on the McGinn-MacKinnon-Parenteau line.q