Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2013, 11:24 PM    (permalink
MI_Buckeye
Veteran

MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Brett Hundley WILL Be the First Pick in 2014 NFL Draft

While the simpleton media is fixated on Jadaveon Clowney, and the draftnicks have been making their case for Teddy Bridgewater; it has become clear to me that Hundley will clearly be at the top of the charts come draft time.

While the media has been talking about the Clowney sweepstakes, I currently give him about a three precent chance of going No. 1 overall. Even if he finishes the year with 20 sacks, there is just no way a DE will go ahead of an elite QB prospect. Even in years where there wasn't a top-of-the-line QB available they have still been picked ahead of freakish defensive talents. Bradford went ahead of Suh, and Cam was taken before Von Miller.

I think both Hundley and Bridgewater are better prospects than either Bradford or Newton were. And while conventional wisdom has Bridgewater ahead of Hundley at the moment, I don't see how he holds onto that perch.

Bridgewater is as good as any QB we have seen in a while pre-snap, but that is the only edge he holds on Hundley. Hundley already looks like a Pro Bowl-level pocket passer, has a howitzer and is as explosive and athletic as Cam or Colin Kaepernick.

In the end, I think both QBs will be selected before Clowney, and both will be great QBs very early. I just think the upside of Hundley makes him the CLEAR frontrunner to go No. 1 overall.
MI_Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote