Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-13-2013, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I was just thinking about it in case we wanted to put Cruz on the outside for a few plays in a 3 or 4 set.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:39 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Yeah I was just thinking about it in case we wanted to put Cruz on the outside for a few plays in a 3 or 4 set.

I would not. I would go Nicks, JJ. Cruz RR. And go from there. And have JJ run a window dressing route we used to call it in our system when I coached. And look at the other 3 WRs.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:43 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Na. Cruz is so good in the slot there's no need to move him outside. Only time he should be outside is when we go 2 WR. Even then you can make an argument that in a 2 WR set we should have Randle and Nicks on the outside.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:45 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to see more Scott on Sunday. I am interested to see if he can progress now with more PT and running behind the starters and not 3rd string scrubs. I like his speed and physical nature. He didn't shy away from contact.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just thinking out loud.

Prince cleared to play!!!

Rolle questionable all of a sudden with groin. UGGGGHHHHH.

On edit: Both questionable but both expected to play.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-13-2013, 12:51 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm critical of Rolle as a FS, but the one thing I can't knock him on is his toughness. He's tough as nails. He'll play.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I liked what I saw out of Mundy also. I knew the coaching staff was high on him but he did look really good out there. Shame Brown got hurt I would have liked to see all 3.

Rolle is tough, that's for sure. You really do have to like what he brings to the table overall.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-14-2013, 06:59 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Do we have the best trio of WR's in the NFL?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-14-2013, 09:23 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Do we have the best trio of WR's in the NFL?
Probably. Who is Atlanta's 3rd? Still Harry Douglas? If Green Bay still had Jennings maybe them, but I think we are better now. Denver might be better. I'd give Decker over Randle at the moment but I think Cruz and Nicks when healthy is better than Welker and Thomas.
Old 09-14-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I think you have to factor in TE into the equation, bc for many teams, the TE is the 3rd option not the 3rd WR.

So I'd give Atlanta and Denver the edge bc of their TEs, but we're definitely in the conversation, most likely top 3 at worst.

If Meyers didn't suck balls and we still had Unicorn, and David Wilson knew how to pass protect we'd have the best collection of skill position weapons in the league.

Wilson could have been the missing element this offense needed :(
Old 09-14-2013, 03:41 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I think you have to factor in TE into the equation, bc for many teams, the TE is the 3rd option not the 3rd WR.

So I'd give Atlanta and Denver the edge bc of their TEs, but we're definitely in the conversation, most likely top 3 at worst.

If Meyers didn't suck balls and we still had Unicorn, and David Wilson knew how to pass protect we'd have the best collection of skill position weapons in the league.

yea man, after a ****** week one there's no way he could end up being that guy now

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am a little concerned about Wilson's mental toughness... that is... I feel like he has none.

I remember watching him mope around after the fumbles. Sure no one is gonna be super happy after making those awful plays... but his body language looked like someone who was completely killing himself on the inside... I know because I do the same thing when I mess up.

In short he reminded me of me, and I was never successful on the football field when I got in my own head after making a mistake.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:50 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
I am a little concerned about Wilson's mental toughness... that is... I feel like he has none.

I remember watching him mope around after the fumbles. Sure no one is gonna be super happy after making those awful plays... but his body language looked like someone who was completely killing himself on the inside... I know because I do the same thing when I mess up.

In short he reminded me of me, and I was never successful on the football field when I got in my own head after making a mistake.
I think that's a product of coaching. The way old man Coughlin operates is that if you're in the dog house you're screwed. So I understand why his body language is bad. It should be bad he may not play or get benched like the Dallas game.

IF.. Coughlin said you know what? You're my guy, so after two fumbles, you're going back in and you WILL get the ball and keep getting until you get it right. Then, his body language won't be bad because he knows he has another shot to redeem himself. When you bench someone like that with a chance or not playing in a while, then he has every right to mope. He knows now his status is in question.
Old 09-15-2013, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not looking good the first two weeks. The turnovers are murderous. I guess if that is the one thing we can take as a positive its that Eli will probably not be throwing this many interceptions all year and the turnovers put a ton of pressure on our defense.

Also good news is the entire division sucks. NFC East sucks. RG III looks like garbage. The Redskins in general look crappy. Eagles aren't bad but if Vick goes down it's game over. Dallas doesn't scare me either.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:29 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

He still can become that third heat. Just need him to turn up down the stretch like Ahmad did his rookie year.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:33 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're lucky our division is so bad, that's why we can afford to work this sloppiness out now so that we can fine tune things by the stretch run on offense. And the d has been markedly mediocre and not godawful so far, which bodes well.

Rough first two weeks, but we're only a game back in the division and Eli and the receivers have done some serious damage already. Gunna need to start grinding out some results and eliminating some of the slop, but meh. Still a lot of football to go.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:53 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

I am done with this stupid offensive system!! Ball goes one way and Wr goes another. I said this BBD before hand. Every fing game and every season! I hate it!!! I am done! Every time. Ball goes one way WR wasn't in the TV frame on one ints!!!! Not in the TV frame. I hate this and I am done with Gilbride. I respect him and thanks for his 2 SBs and 6 years but I am done. I want a change.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:06 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

It's also the system that so many epic comebacks and quick strike drives were built around. That's worth a few more turnovers over the course of the season.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I swear we really have to have the most unlucky TO's ever.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-15-2013, 10:54 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
It's also the system that so many epic comebacks and quick strike drives were built around. That's worth a few more turnovers over the course of the season.
No, while I have fond memories of those games. I am ready for a change. Too many of these games season after season now. If we were to lose fine, but when passes get thrown one way and WRs aren't in the god damn tv frame, that's enough of that.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:32 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really not that pissed off with the loss, it was expected. And, all the other teams in the NFC East lost, so we're still only one game back. But next weeks game against the panthers is a must win. We can't **** around any longer.

I thought our defense actually held up pretty well, until the third quarter when they couldn't any more due to fatigue and getting figured out by Peyton. Our offense just totally wet the bed, or else this would be close getting to the fourth quarter.

Eli has to stop throwing INTs, he just has to. I know a few of them are due to idiotic recievers and just pure bad luck, like the heel flick into the hands of the broncos DB. But we need to turn the ball over significantly less. what do we have, ten turnovers excluding turnovers on downs, after two games? And Eli has 7 INTs after two games, that's not good enough. No matter how you look at it.

Our run game is horrible, but it was horrible in 2011 as well, and we won the Super Bowl that year. We don't necessarily need a stellar running game, but it sure would help our offense.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:48 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I don't see the point of arguing over the system. It's not going to change until Coughlin is no longer our coach. Whether you like it or not, it's here to stay. It's not changing anytime soon.

I expected a loss. I didn't expect it to be the way it was. We came out strong in the first half (defensively) but eventually mistakes were the death of us again.

And let's face it, this offense is struggling.

I don't want to go into breaking down the game in much detail bc I'm still pissed, but the bottom line is our season is on the line in Carolina this week. Put up or shut up time.

Defensively, I thought the secondary did an excellent job. I thought the linebackers played better than expected. I thought our interior run defense was very good.

The problems were our DEs in run defense (both big runs came when the LE couldn't set the edge, once with Tuck, once with Kiwi). And we have ZERO pass rush.

None. Zero.

Kiwi is a jag, let's call it what it is, JPP is clearly playing at like 40% right now, he doesn't put his back into his rushes, he's out of shape bc he couldn't lift, he's just not healthy, and Tuck sucks. And Moore is hurt. We have no pass rush right now.

Having that said, I keep waiting for this team to put it together. The talent is there. The chips just aren't falling in place. If we get a pass rush on defense, it's going to be very good. Thomas is back and healthy (knock on wood) and our CB trio is very good. Mundy is playing better than I ever expected, Rolle is playing well, our secondary is very good. Our LBs are JAGs but whatever. Our interior run D is very good. We just need a pass rush.

Offensively, just enough already with the turnovers. It's killing us.

It's there guys. It's there. This team is talented. And if they put it together they're a legitimate threat in the NFC. But they're just not putting it together.

And time is running out. We have to win 3 out of the next 4 just to compete for the playoffs. It starts now. Season on the line vs Carolina, that's all there is to it.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:29 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

If we do go 0-3, which essentially means you're not making the playoffs, I'm all aboard the tank for Clowney wagon.

Healthy JPP and Clowney is just unfair. It will never happen, but I'm just saying. I hate NFL purgatory, I rather be either really good or really bad. 8-8 sucks.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:45 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Another thing that bugged me was Moreno's first TD run. It was off tackle at the LE, who happened to be Justin Tuck.

Tuck was literally pushed back 20 yards on that play. And the worst part: It didn't even look like he tried to get off the block.

I'm done with Tuck. He's all talk no walk. I hope Reese is paying attention, bc this should be Tuck's last year on the team.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:48 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If we do go 0-3, which essentially means you're not making the playoffs, I'm all aboard the tank for Clowney wagon.

Healthy JPP and Clowney is just unfair. It will never happen, but I'm just saying. I hate NFL purgatory, I rather be either really good or really bad. 8-8 sucks.
As usual, this is an over reaction. The season isn't over if you go 0-3. Especially when you consider that our division is going to more than likely be terrible this year.

Carolina will be a tough game. They're coming off two tough losses and will probably be feeling like they have to win too.