Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-16-2013, 08:26 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I want Tebow to be a Jaguar so bad.

SO BAD.
SO ******* BAD.

Tehow is one of the most entertaining things to happen to the NFL this century.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:28 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Timmy easily tebows them to more wins than gabbert/henne, no question about it.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
SO ******* BAD.

Tehow is one of the most entertaining things to happen to the NFL this century.
No...just no...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
No...just no...
Name 3 more amazing NFL stories since 2000.
Old 09-17-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
Is Joeckel playing RT? Because 2 top picks at RT is great.
In today's NFL with the smaller rookie deals and amount of pass attempts, I don't see how this is a bad thing. Plus, I'm sure the idea is to move them to the left side at some point.
mqtirishfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nobody can deny the monumental following Tebow and the Broncos received during that playoff run. I am not a Tebow fan by any stretch of the imagination, but anyone who says they weren't captivated in some way by that stretch of wins is probably lying. It was inevitable that would would end as it did, but it was definitely entertaining and unbelievable while it lasted.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants beat Pats to make us lose our perfect season in 2007
Mike Vick got caught for an illegal dog fighting ring
Spygate

All more amazing stories and I could go on from there. That took me like thirty seconds

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:00 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Name 3 more annoying NFL stories since 2000.
Nope, can't think of any.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:11 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It pissed me off every time I had to hear about it, not amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Nobody can deny the monumental following Tebow and the Broncos received during that playoff run. I am not a Tebow fan by any stretch of the imagination, but anyone who says they weren't captivated in some way by that stretch of wins is probably lying. It was inevitable that would would end as it did, but it was definitely entertaining and unbelievable while it lasted.
I was not captivated by it at all, we constantly watched teams piss away games to a QB completing 2.9% of his passes and getting a pass because he thanked god after each one of his 2 completions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Spygate

All more amazing stories and I could go on from there. That took me like thirty seconds
The rookie QB's of last year, the evolution of the offense, Rodgers and Brees' record breaking years...the list goes on.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 09-17-2013, 02:11 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Nope, can't think of any.
Exactly what I thought of when I saw his post as well.

Quote:
Old 09-17-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
In today's NFL with the smaller rookie deals and amount of pass attempts, I don't see how this is a bad thing. Plus, I'm sure the idea is to move them to the left side at some point.
I think it just says something about the lack of top end talent in last years draft. 2 teams who have already good LT still drafted another one because there wasn't much better picks. 6 of the top 10 picks were OL and 2 of those were guards. I loved the depth of the draft but it lacked up top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Spygate

Spygate is so overrated.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Exactly, tebow may have sucked at football, but that season in Denver was amazing for entertainment.

Quote:
Spygate

And I would disagree with you on spy gate and maybe even Vick's dog torture.

For me it goes 18-1, tebow, and then Vick followed by the saints winning after katrina, Bounty gate, spy gate, Peyton finally getting a SB and GB replacing Favre. Tebow's "success" just made so little success it was facinating especially how other teams failed their way to tebow victories like that bears game where literally everything that had to go wrong for the bears to lose, did.

Last edited by cgf (Rosebud) : 09-17-2013 at 05:14 PM.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:23 PM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you wanted a better inspirational story, there was Chuckstrong and the passing of the torch from Manning to Luck

If you wanted a better talent story, there's 2007 between the Giants and Patriots.

If you wanted a better scandalous story, there's Spygate, Vick's ring and Gregg Williams.

And this isn't even covering every other breakout QB last year brought, or (since we're going from 2000) every rushing TD record that fell, Jamal Lewis', Chris Johnson's and Adrian Peterson's cracks at Dickerson's record, Manning with 49 TDs, Brady with 50 TDs, Brady in general (counting from 2000)

All of these stories are better than Tebowmania, which was just people that desperately wanted to see who was considered one of the best college players ever succeed just as well in the NFL.

Hackenberg vs Morris!
FIRE UP THE KD CANNON!
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 05:26 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

You guys are no fun. Tebow was amazing.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe we still need to even have this conversation with people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Sanchez/Tebow CFL battles are going to be epic.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What was so great about Tim Tebow? I mean I don't get why people would want to watch him play on Sundays as opposed to some other horrible quarterback.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Sanchez/Tebow CFL battles are going to be epic.
I don't want Tebow in Montreal. Nope.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:46 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Tebow run in Denver was definitely one of the most captivating storylines in the NFL. Ever.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:01 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
What was so great about Tim Tebow? I mean I don't get why people would want to watch him play on Sundays as opposed to some other horrible quarterback.
How little sense it made. Tim tebow should never have won a game with his arm and throwing motion and yet he took Denver to playoffs for the first time in years. That's what made it so facinating, watching teams lose to tebow.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:41 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How little sense it made. Tim tebow should never have won a game with his arm and throwing motion and yet he took Denver to playoffs for the first time in years. That's what made it so facinating, watching teams lose to tebow.
Exactly. Tebow should have lost every game but some crazy **** would happen and he would lead a random comeback in the 4th. The Marrion Barber fumble that let Tebow come back blew my mind. Tebow shouldn't have worked but somehow it did sorta.

Quote:
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:58 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I don't think I've seen anything funnier on a football field then Tebow doing a reverse spin move in the pocket with no pass rush so if only to see that again I'll watch every throw.

Quote:
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:17 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
Exactly. Tebow should have lost every game but some crazy **** would happen and he would lead a random comeback in the 4th. The Marrion Barber fumble that let Tebow come back blew my mind. Tebow shouldn't have worked but somehow it did sorta.
That bears game was exactly what I was thinking of when I typed teams losing to tebow.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:08 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not to poke the bear but...Giants worked out Kerry Rhodes

https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/s...59771367608320

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote