Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-17-2013, 09:06 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I so want to go and buy this game now but these next two weeks I just don't have time to play it.

Aka I'll definitely cave tomorrow and buy it, then regret it after looking at my bank account.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:10 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peer pressure got me. Installing it now.

I almost went with the PSN version, but I figure that I can resell the psychical copy once the PC version comes out and not take much of a loss that way. Really love that they included a physical version of the map with it. That's a touch that most games don't include these days. Not super useful as it's far more intuitive to use the in-game one I imagine, but it's pretty cool.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:18 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Peer pressure got me. Installing it now.

I almost went with the PSN version, but I figure that I can resell the psychical copy once the PC version comes out and not take much of a loss that way. Really love that they included a physical version of the map with it. That's a touch that most games don't include these days. Not super useful as it's far more intuitive to use the in-game one I imagine, but it's pretty cool.
Yeah I'll probably hang the map up in my office or something. They've at least included one for every GTA game since 3, maybe even beyond that.

I am taking everything pretty slowly and just trying to soak it all in. Man so many of the haircut options are worthless.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:37 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

got to 21+% done so far

Last edited by KCJ58 : 09-18-2013 at 12:53 AM.
KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:55 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Get one of these go out by where Trevor lives and just go nuts.

Old 09-18-2013, 10:07 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When unlocking Trevor:

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 09-18-2013 at 05:08 PM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:54 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't make it too far last night. I think I did the level where you have to repo the motorcycle. Then I did a random tow truck mission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:11 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't preorder and got the blimp download code in my game anyways. Hooray for blimps! Preorder bonuses are a sham!

Loading now.... Still has 7GB to go and I have to leave for work in 50 minutes. Dammit.
Old 09-18-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mine only took about 10 mins to download...but I had to delete the last of us to make room.
Old 09-18-2013, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was expecting golf to be hard but it's pretty easy. It's not as fun as tennis but still pretty good.
Old 09-18-2013, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Picked it up today at Gamestop. Will probably play it Friday.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:07 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So when is the multiplayer supposed to be live?

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Holy ****.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/...nment-records/

Quote:
Grand Theft Auto V earned over $800 million worldwide on its first day of release, making it the best-selling game of all time in a 24-hour period.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

800 million ******* dollars and the budget was 265. That is insane. The fact they broke Black Ops' record by 300 million dollars is insane by itself. And they did it all in one day.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hate the lack of detailed descriptions on some missions, literally ***** me over. And I hate the plane controls.

But Im enjoying Trevors early play through immensely right now. Idk if that makes me a bad person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I really hate the lack of detailed descriptions on some missions, literally ***** me over. And I hate the plane controls.

But Im enjoying Trevors early play through immensely right now. Idk if that makes me a bad person.
Flying sucks ass. I hate when I'm forced to fly in a mission. And Trevor is ******* awesome.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously **** this plane mission oh my god, I'm toates raging over the amount of times I have failed at landing this thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:30 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post
800 million ******* dollars and the budget was 265. That is insane. The fact they broke Black Ops' record by 300 million dollars is insane by itself. And they did it all in one day.
Gotta wonder if that $250M factors in the marketing budget. Part of the reason games have a hard time making a profit these days is because of inflated marketing budgets that aren't targeted efficiently. GTA certainly wasn't shy with it's advertising.

....but yeah, clearly not a problem here either way. That's a crazy amount of sales/revenue.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:25 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Yeah I hate the flying in this game. It seems you can't level off your plane, or at least for me my plane was always trying to dive down.

The characters aren't very likable. Pretty disappointed there. Two raging douchebags, one being too over the top, and Franklin is a bit too whiny. At least in the beginning, after he starts running with Michael he gets better.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:38 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didnt like GTA4 as much as most mostly bc the driving but I hear its improved on this game. Looking forward to trying this next time I can get it for paying less then full price.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I take a taxi pretty much everywhere.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:59 PM    (permalink
BucSquad
Veteran

BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just started playing!
BucSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:18 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I take a taxi pretty much everywhere.
That's funny because in GTA 4 i did all the time but in this one I havent yet. I tried to get into one while it was driving, but Trevor just threw out the driver. How do you whistle on down in PS3?

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
That's funny because in GTA 4 i did all the time but in this one I havent yet. I tried to get into one while it was driving, but Trevor just threw out the driver. How do you whistle on down in PS3?
If you just tap triangle next to a taxi you will get in the backseat if you hold it down you will pullout the driver.

You press right on the D-Pad to whistle if I remember right. I just call for one on my phone and they send one right out. It does take a few seconds for them to get there and sometimes they stop down the street so you really have to watch for them.

If you don't have any money and you take a taxi when you get out the cops will start coming haha.

Last edited by Splat : 09-19-2013 at 06:30 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:09 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Get one of these go out by where Trevor lives and just go nuts.

I took one of those up to the top of a huge mountain and drove down as fast as I could. Awesome.

The flying is not bad at all to me since I am used to the flying in San Andreas which is next to impossible. I was able to fly and land without any trouble.

I was watching my brother play, he took a taxi from the desert, the driver took a "shortcut" through some shallow water and over some pretty rough terrain. It was hilarious.

Trevor is my favorite GTA character ever.