Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-19-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I really like how they redesigned the mail app. I had the gmail app bc the old mail app just wasn't very intuitive (i learned to hate it) but the new mail app is well done. Now I don't really have a need for the gmail app, it's redundant now.
What the hell? I said the iPhone mail system was garbage forever ago and you went on about how amazing and easy it was. Now it's crap? This is why I cannot take you seriously, even when you're not trolling.

The GMail app is just so much better. Helps sort through a lot of your crap emails and bring you whats more relevant.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
What the hell? I said the iPhone mail system was garbage forever ago and you went on about how amazing and easy it was. Now it's crap? This is why I cannot take you seriously, even when you're not trolling.

The GMail app is just so much better. Helps sort through a lot of your crap emails and bring you whats more relevant.
I had a love hate relationship with it. At first I loved it, then I hated it. Especially after the update to the gmail app.

Now the new mail app is much better and more in line with the gmail app.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gmail app is still better, and as a bonus, regularly updated. I use both to keep my student email and personal email separate, but still love the Gmail app.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It updates faster, that's really the main thing that I like about it. I don't get why the mail app doesn't update instantly. Unless that's a settings issue that I have to fix?

Usually my mail app is late to the party. Not incredibly late, but not instant like the gmail app.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
It updates faster, that's really the main thing that I like about it. I don't get why the mail app doesn't update instantly. Unless that's a settings issue that I have to fix?

Usually my mail app is late to the party. Not incredibly late, but not instant like the gmail app.
Honestly it's because Apple is stupid. I'm sorry but it does NOT drain much battery to have instant email updates. I set mine to update as often as possible, but it's still a pain in the ass. This is one of the main reasons I hate it too. Along with it just being clunky and poorly designed. It's better now, but still not great.

I just like the Gmail app because it's pretty much better at everything. Easier to label emails, easier to sort through emails, it categorizes emails very well, and composing emails is much easier/nicer.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:19 PM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As long as we are on the subject of email apps, you guys should try "Mailbox".
crisco0710 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Ugh, I just don't like the interface on this new update. Everything looks so cartoonish. And I feel like the colors just don't contrast properly and everything is bright and blinding, even with low brightness.

I do like the updating of the multitasking (it's exactly like Android now) and the pull down menu too. I felt like the pull down menu was worthless before. It's WAAAAY more functional, which I like. Mail is better for sure, but still not on par with the Gmail app. The reminder app I'm still deciding if I like it or not. Again, it seems very cartoon-ish. Sort of obnoxious. I just wish it was more sleek/stylish. Just feels like it's made for a 60-year-old grandmother.

My favorite is the pull down menu though. Still not as good as having some of the widgets I use on my Nexus 7, but it is very very hand.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:37 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What constitutes sleek and stylish, forenci?
Old 09-19-2013, 05:41 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not looking like a mattel kids phone is a good start

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Finz99
Pro Bowler

Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Wheres the web search option?!
I don't know if you figured it out yet, but in Safari, the top bar can be used as a search option. Just type what you want and press enter and it'll google search.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Finz99
Pro Bowler

Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
does it actually google, or, like siri's dumb ass, does it 'bing'?
It actually takes you to google. If it took me to bing, I would throw my phone out a window.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
What constitutes sleek and stylish, forenci?
Haha, kinda what Fenikz said. I just feel like everything is a pop-out button on some kids toy or one of those phones you get for elderly people.

Just add some style to it. Put some edges or angles in. The damn things feels like it's kid friendly with no edges to "hurt" anyone. Everything is just very..solidly colored, and I mean that from an artistic point. Not a lot of transparency it feels like.

It's nothing world-ending, but it could use some work I feel.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:16 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Forenci's acting like a guy who bangs a hot chick on a one night stand then feels guilty afterwards.

Don't be that guy bro.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:37 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what is the little moon symbol/icon on the top bar? that wasn't there before
Old 09-20-2013, 12:39 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
what is the little moon symbol/icon on the top bar? that wasn't there before
Do not disturb.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:42 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Haha, kinda what Fenikz said. I just feel like everything is a pop-out button on some kids toy or one of those phones you get for elderly people.

Just add some style to it. Put some edges or angles in. The damn things feels like it's kid friendly with no edges to "hurt" anyone. Everything is just very..solidly colored, and I mean that from an artistic point. Not a lot of transparency it feels like.

It's nothing world-ending, but it could use some work I feel.
the iphone body is like the playstation remote, if it feels great in your hands and it's not broke, why change it up dramatically?

but you're a android fangirl, and like to see a new phone every 2 weeks.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
the iphone body is like the playstation remote, if it feels great in your hands and it's not broke, why change it up dramatically?

but you're a android fangirl, and like to see a new phone every 2 weeks.
I'm an Android fan girl because I specifically wanted an iPhone 5 and got one? This makes sense. I don't understand why Apple people (pardon the gross generalization) can't believe someone could use an iPhone and dislike it. I'm not just an Android user who has never had an iPhone. I have one and do not like it. I was excited when I got it but just have not been impressed with it.

And what the hell are you talking about? Since when did I reference the actual design of the phone itself? Interface does not equate to the structural design of the phone. Also, I dislike the PS controller so your point is further invalid.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:25 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So for some reason my messages screen just says I have 3 unread messages and it won't go away and it's annoying. Even did the update and turned it off and on and nothing. I don't get it
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:24 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Your notification center or your text screen?

You try deleting the messages?
Old 12-31-2013, 10:27 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

If I deleted all the pictures off my photo stream but don't want to lose them, and I don't want to back them up on a macbook and then reupload them onto my phone, how can I save the pictures without losing them when I get a phone replacement?
Old 12-31-2013, 03:35 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If I deleted all the pictures off my photo stream but don't want to lose them, and I don't want to back them up on a macbook and then reupload them onto my phone, how can I save the pictures without losing them when I get a phone replacement?
Email???????

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 04:34 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

That's gonna take forever.

What if I uploaded them into one of those photo hider apps? When I got my new phone, wouldn't all the pics be stored on that and I'd just have to put them back on my phone?
Old 02-18-2014, 01:47 AM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay, so I have reached my breaking point when it comes to the new music player format in iOS7. I can't stand the format, I can't stand the fact that I have to download the podcasts app on my phone to listen to podcasts. I tried Google Play and although it's nice having a cloud based music service that frees up room on my phone it does an awful job organizing my music and it's full of duplicate album and songs.

I'm posting this because I'd like some advice and some help with the following:

Is there a free music player app, I don't care if it's cloud based or not, that can display my music in a manner that is similar to the format of the previous music player? My biggest issue with the current music player is that it includes pictures of artists when scrolling, unnecessary to me, and when you click on an artist it lists their albums on one screen you have to scroll through. I preferred the previous version where it was a list of the albums and you would click on one to see the songs in that album.

Second question is, if I jailbreak my iphone can I get the old music player back or install an app that is similar to the old MP3 player? I have never jailbroken anything so I am unfamiliar with the process and what it involves, but I'm willing to do anything I can to get a better music player on my iphone.

Really appreciate any help on this.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:34 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I heard Spotify is the bees knees but I never downloaded it.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I heard Spotify is the bees knees but I never downloaded it.
I've heard this as well, but I'm confused as to whether or not it can play my own music without me having to pay monthly.