Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 09-20-2013, 09:42 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
I'm still not buying Marriota's pro potential when he's 3 games into his sophomore year. Put on the tape against Stanford and see how you grade him.

Not saying he isn't going to be a top prospect, but we've seen this before with young QBs at Oregon. To me, it's the system. After 3 weeks, Chip Kelly's "high octane" offense doesn;'t look to great does it?

my top 5 QBs:
1. Bridgewater
2. Bortles
3. Hundley
4. McArron
5. Murray.
Agree on Mariota - is it him or the system? On the other hand it looks like Manziel is just instant offense. Such an explosive player. He should be ahead of Hundley.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:41 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like Manziel,s game translating to the NFL. Accuracy , progression reading, and arm strengths to make throws to all areas of the field on the route tree.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:25 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
I don't like Manziel,s game translating to the NFL. Accuracy , progression reading, and arm strengths to make throws to all areas of the field on the route tree.

Against Alabama in two games arm strength isn't a problem IMO for Manziel.

I think his biggest physical problems are height and experience working from within the pocket.

He's better than Locker/Ponder/Gabbert(duh) and a host of mediocre starting QBs in the NFL.
I still think you can build a pro offense around this guy's skillset.
Old 09-22-2013, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
What is it with this guy and Bucky Brooks? This is the 12th Bucky Brooks thread he's made in the past two years.
Well, he's paid by NFL.com to scout pro prospects for the draft, so I think that makes his postings quite interesting, especially since he is an ex pro scout. However, it doesn't mean he is totally reliable but his stuff is definitely worth looking at.

As for his top ratings, when you are told to post something every few days about the draft and QB's garner the most interest, it is likely he will shake up the rankings to keep fans interested throughout the season, this is a common practice in this business and we won't likely see his true feelings until he posts his final list, however, it is also likely that the QB's he mentions at the top most often, are his favourites to get drafted early but the order they go in cannot be counted on this early in the season.
Old 09-22-2013, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manziel is a lot better prospect than I originally thought, I also questioned his arm strength and height, but when you beat Alabama's defense one year and put up 42 points against them the next season, you have to give a lot of thought about how effective he can be at the next level. Alabama is loaded with pro prospects on defense and Saban just doesn't allow a lot of points to be scored on his defenses, so I'm coming around to the idea that this guy will be special as a pro and is worth a high 1st round pick even with his warts.

I especially like the leadership he has shown, at least on the field, and the fact that he rises to the occasion even when he makes a few mistakes. He looks to be mentally tough at least to me and that is a very important point for me when judging pro potential of a QB.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whether i agree or not, Bucky has Bridgewater as his #3 QB. The reason i find that somewhat funny is yesterday every dick swinging pro forum fan was saying their team should #tank for Teddy. Let's all go out and tank for the 3rd best QB in the draft.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bridgewater, Manziel and Boyd are my top three eligible right now. McCarron and Bortles are growing on me.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote