Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-23-2013, 04:25 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Given our running back and returner situation, Joe McKnight could be a possibility entertained. With James Starks hurt again I think it'll be a theme for the rest of the year.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:31 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
Just to chime in on the 4th and inches play. What a heartbreaker. Both McCarthy and Franklin bear responsibility. Franklin has to know in that situation sacrifice the 1st for ball security. If he gets stopped he gets stopped but the turnover and 7 pt swing was huge.

I don't blame McCarthy for giving it to Franklin, you have to be able to pick up 4th and inches. I do question running a dive play with a smallish RB from a four-wide single back set in that situation. If you are going to be 'Pittsburgh Stubborn' at least give the guy a lead blocker.

So in summation Franklin's fault for fumbling but shame on McCarthy for putting him in a no win situation. I think if we ran that play 10 times maybe once would our OL get enough push to get the conversion.
I don't blame Franklin AT ALL for that.
He got nailed right away, ball popped out from the side by a guy nobody blocked.

I fault McCarthy for the playcall, or whoever called the play.

Tell me this, and be honest: Inches needed.... you got Vince Young there. A QB Sneak is about 95% compared to the 10% chance we have handing it off 5 yards deep.

We always get stuffed on those, from Kuhn to Lacy to Starks to now Franklin.

I wish Vince would have been kept.

Love him or hate him, Tebow is about 99% success in those situations, even behind the soft center.

Hell, Seneca Wallace probably is 80% on a sneak there.
Rodgers too pretty high rate.

I hate the handoff there.

The old Gunslinger would have faked it, and thrown it deep for the big play TD.
Or if playoff game, picked off.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anybody else feel like we should hope for De'Anthony Thomas in next year's draft? It's basically the same reason I wanted Cordarrelle Patterson last year...He'd obviously be an instant spark plug as a returner, but I think he could also play the Randall Cobb role as a slot WR who lines up in the backfield occasionally. I think having two players that can play that way would only help our offense and he would add a lot of explosiveness that would force the defense to take note of him every time he checked in.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:19 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we're going for an extra weapon for Rodgers, I think I'd prefer ASJ.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:32 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very disappointed in the amount of blame placed on Jeremy Ross, but not on Slocum or the rest of the return unit.

Although more kickoffs than ever now go deep into the end zone for touchbacks, when there have been returns either from or against us, I have noticed that when the opponent is returning them, we rarely have any guys, or even a guy, get past the walls and hit the returner even inside the 20-yard line.

But any time Ross would take one out, there would be guys free flying through near or inside the 15-yard line. Our guys don't block.

Not sore if it's because we've been missing Kuhn, Bush, or whatever. But it's been quite obvious.

I hated Ross not getting to that rare short kickoff Sunday, but it amazes me the short leash on him but not on Crosby who has had many many moments of suckness before this season.

We dug out of the 14-0 hole in Cincy.
We led 30-14.
We would have never lost after that had Rodgers not thrown one or two interceptions.
I also don't blame Franklin for fumbling. He was stopped, stuffed, on a play that had no chance behind our soft interior white wall. They have a great DL.
EDS gets shoved back on a regular basis.
And they knew the play was coming and everyone sold out.
Seneca Wallace should have run a simple sneak to either the left or right, depending on where their NT was lined up.

1-2 sucks.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:55 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree 1-2 sucks and the play had no chance. I also agree that while EDS is better at C than OG he is still a below average starter. I wholeheartedly disagree with this notion that they should have put Wallace (or in fantasyland Young or Tebow) in the game to run a QB sneak. You don't put a QB in off the bench who hadn't taken a snap all day. In general I disagree with taking Rodgers out of the game in any situation excluding injury. If I wanted to see that BS desperation offense I'd go root for the Jets.
TimmG6376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bye weeks are boring, but at least no one will pull a hamstring or get a concussion
Old 09-26-2013, 08:50 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
bye weeks are boring, but at least no one will pull a hamstring or get a concussion
I like the way you think..... but that's not true sadly.
Our guys can, and do, easily pull a hammy in practice.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:44 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Old 09-28-2013, 05:51 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well just think, guys: we might be 1-2, but a year ago we were recovering from this:

Oh yeah, and we were 1-2.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:33 PM    (permalink
rvns
Rookie

rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Signed Michael Hill RB to the active roster and signed Reggie Dunn WR to the practice squad. Anyone have an idea if this Hill guy has much returning experience? Looks like Cobb might be back to returning full time. Maybe Hyde gets a chance on punts? I also hope that by them bringing up a rb it doesn't mean that Starks will be out for a while...
rvns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:47 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvns View Post
Signed Michael Hill RB to the active roster and signed Reggie Dunn WR to the practice squad. Anyone have an idea if this Hill guy has much returning experience? Looks like Cobb might be back to returning full time. Maybe Hyde gets a chance on punts? I also hope that by them bringing up a rb it doesn't mean that Starks will be out for a while...
I don't believe Hill played any special teams at Missouri Western

Old 09-30-2013, 10:10 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Maybe Hill didn't, but:

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports...=newestfirs t

Quote:
... while Randall Cobb stands as the odds-on favorite to handle at least one of the duties, the Packers will be taking a look at undrafted free agent Reggie Dunn, who was signed to the practice squad Monday.

Dunn returned 10 kickoffs for the University of Utah last season and four were for touchdowns.

He averaged 51.3 yards per return. He set an NCAA record lwith two 100-yard kickoff returns in one game against California.

The year prior he averaged 23.6 yards on 26 returns with no touchdowns.

The Pittsburgh Steelers signed Dunn in the spring and he took part in three preseason games, averaging 36.5 yards on two kickoff returns and 9.9 yards on seven punt returns. (Packers special teams blocking is ATROCIOUS, the worst I've seen all year anywhere)

Dunn would have to prove he's sure-handed in order to get a chance at returns. It would mean releasing somebody to make room for him on the 53-man roster. He plays wide receiver, but the Packers are already down to four and aren't going to let one of them go.

Dunn said he ran the 40-yard dash in 4.2 and 4.26 seconds. Published reports confirmed the 4.26 mark, which he said was taken with a stopwatch and not electronically.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:54 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Expect Cobb on returns for the foreseeable future. Not a fan of that but that's probably what is going to happen. Dunn won't be ready for the role yet as he was just signed to the PS
Old 10-01-2013, 07:08 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

The way our special teams blocks, there's no way or reason Cobb should be the guy returning.
He's too, far, valuable as a receiver.
Old 10-03-2013, 02:56 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Looks like Clay is on track to play Sunday.
Hayward already ruled out.
Lacy is a go.
Burnett has been practicing all week so that seems to indicate he'll go too.
Finley has been cleared right?

Last edited by TimmG6376 : 10-03-2013 at 09:33 PM.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:48 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Does Hayward have a pulled hamstring, or a torn quad?
WTF
Old 10-05-2013, 05:28 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

I wonder if the team is pursuing Josh Freeman at all....

Old 10-06-2013, 12:25 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Morgan Burnett shaved his dreads:

Hopefully he's ready to play some football.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:27 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I wonder if the team is pursuing Josh Freeman at all....
God I hope not. And I doubt it.
Matt Flynn was the perfect backup in Green Bay. He's easily available for a box of donuts.
If the team is not pleased with Wallace as #2 right now, they should and I would think would bring Matt back.

But they don't act fast like that in Green Bay and I would suspect they're fine with Seneca at the moment, status quo.
Remember, they were fine with Harrell all last season, and even his failure vs the Saints in week 4 didn't deter them all year long.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
If we're going for an extra weapon for Rodgers, I think I'd prefer ASJ.
this. as a uw fan he is having a down year (and i fully expect him to return for his senior year) but he is a beast. he is going to be a great pro prospect and i would love to have him on the packers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNall4MVP
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
cuzifelt1ikeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:37 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Flynn out in Oakland any shot we bring him back on the cheap?
Old 10-07-2013, 01:53 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
With Flynn out in Oakland any shot we bring him back on the cheap?
I wouldn't rule it out. I don't believe they made any significant investment in Seneca Wallace and Flynn knows the system. I know he never deserved that big contract but I was surprised at how bad he looked outside of this system. I thought he'd at least be a decent game manager.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:32 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

The Matthews injury sucks, but offensively we need to continue to pound the rock and create less time for our defense to take the field. I also have a little optimism because I like what I have seen from Mike Neal.

Old 10-07-2013, 09:19 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If anyone watched the Larry McCarren TV show tonight, they had Mike Neal on. He is a beast.....should be fun to watch him continue to progress as an OLB. He is so powerful and explosive.

Interesting though, Neal credited Aaron Rodgers and Clay Matthews for getting him to play OLB. Sounds like Clay has wanted him to be an OLB for a long time now.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote