Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-24-2013, 09:47 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Baas cut. I'd prefer to cut Snee too, but I know that will never happen bc of the connection to Coughlin.

Boothe I don't mind as a reliable backup but he has no business being a starter.

The problem is, you can't call 1-800-LINEMAN and get a replacement. We have to do it in the offseason.

Maybe sign a FA OLmen, and draft 1 or 2 and hope that fixes everything.

We have to be players in FA. Unless we're resigned to a 2 year rebuilding project. Bc we can't fix this team in one offseason. Not enough draft picks.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:48 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jacobs is our 3rd RB. It's not like hes taking a spot from someone.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

10 carries for him is far too many the past two games. Not to mention just the times he's been on the field. He sucks so badly.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:51 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ehhh that's the least of our problems right now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:52 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keep having terrible opinions on everything Forenci. Tell your boy Beatty to stop sucking. That UConn POS.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:53 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Having that said, I'm eyeing some UConn players in the draft this year. They have talent on that defense. Sio Moore wasn't the only good player on that defense.

And you know ilu Forenci.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:57 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need to steal a C from Cleveland again. Adding Mack to our interior would be huge, with him in the middle Booty and Snee could be fine guards, add a 2nd or 3rd round pick to battle Mosley and them and our OL will be much improved.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like next year we should just throw a bunch of "washed up veterans" minimum deals. One of them should play well for a year. We won't get enough long term answers in one season even if we draft great.

I saw Gurode on the sideline for the Raiders last night. Does he start? He'd have to be an upgrade for us and I'm sure he didn't get payed a lot. Players like that.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:02 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

We need a FA OLmen, whether it's a top tier G or C, and a 2nd round (ideally) G or C.

I love drafting Centers bc they hold just great value in the draft. Name the last 1st round bust at Center? You can't. They're all money.

But I want to save our 1st round pick for a pass rusher.

In a perfect world:

1. Pass rusher
2. OLmen
3. LB

That would be ideal for me.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:50 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's what I want, if we have the money to go into FA and bring in an Alex Mack, adding a day two OL would turn our OL around in a season. Pugh, Mack and Beatty is a trio that it's very easy to put together an excellent OL around.

With our first and other second day pick we get a LB, DB or pass rusher, and this team would be stacked again.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
We need a FA OLmen, whether it's a top tier G or C, and a 2nd round (ideally) G or C.

I love drafting Centers bc they hold just great value in the draft. Name the last 1st round bust at Center? You can't. They're all money.

But I want to save our 1st round pick for a pass rusher.

In a perfect world:

1. Pass rusher
2. OLmen
3. LB

That would be ideal for me.
Mmm. I disagree with that a bit. My priority right now is probably:

1. OLinemen
2. Safety
3. Pass rusher

I want a safety in the first two rounds.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:02 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Mmm. I disagree with that a bit. My priority right now is probably:

1. OLinemen
2. Safety
3. Pass rusher

I want a safety in the first two rounds.
I want Jarius Byrd as well in FA so I didn't include safety on my list. We have to be big players in FA this year. I say we go after Byrd and Mack (and extend JPP and Nicks) and then go after OL and defense in the draft.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:07 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

We could use a CB even if we sign byrd. That's why I'd be cool with the BPA at either DE, DB or LB with our other high picks.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:09 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

If Joe Haden is available, I'd throw the bank at him. I LOVE Joe Haden.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:11 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

Haden's still got some time on his contract and not even the Browns would be dumb enough to trade him. It's a good thing I'm not in JR's shoes cause if that ever happened I'd give up a silly amount of picks to get him. But yeah if we could trade for Haden and sign Mack and Byrd we'd be insanely good even without any draft picks.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Eh, I feel like you just can't factor in getting certain free agents in this case. You just don't know how the market will go. That's why I'd place safety still as a high draft need.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:13 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I know this is old news but...

With how terrible our LB situation was, why didn't we kick the tires off of Daryl Smith again?

Can anyone figure that out for me?
Old 09-24-2013, 11:14 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Eh, I feel like you just can't factor in getting certain free agents in this case. You just don't know how the market will go. That's why I'd place safety still as a high draft need.
Yeah but FA comes before the draft. So by the time the draft rolls around we'll have a better idea of what our needs are.

For now it's safe to say when you scout college players, just scout all of them outside of QB.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:15 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

Quote:
If we have the money and are willing to go after him, I think we'd be heavy favorites to bring Byrd over to the other side of NY state. He originally broke out under Fewell and always gushed about him. It's certainly no lock, but of all these dream moves that's one I think could be actually very likely.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:20 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

We're going to have over 20 new faces on our 53 man roster in 2014. You only have 7 draft picks. We're pretty much going to have to be players in FA even if we don't prefer to be.

I personally don't like FA and believe in the draft, but when you have that many holes, you don't really have a choice.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Honestly, I really feel like our LB situation isn't that bad. J-Will has made a lot of really nice plays. Herzlich hasn't been that bad, really, and he's a back up so what can be done? Heck, Rivers has looked really good too - although you can't rely upon him for much due to injury issues. I'm not that concerned. That said, it CERTAINLY could be improved a lot. I'm much more worried about safety. Rolle is an in the box safety. Mundy is crap. I have little to zero faith in Hill or Brown, assuming they are back next year.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:29 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Honestly, even though the scores don't reflect it, I think our back 7 has played above my expectations on defense.

It's just not noticeable bc of how terrible the front 4 has been. And that's mostly bc Tuck is washed up, and JPP is hurt. JPP's injury is hurting us. We knew before the season started that Kiwi was a JAG pass rusher, we knew before the season started that we cannot rely on Tuck. So our pass rush hopes relied totally on JPP, the 2 young DEs (Ojomo and Tracy), and Moore.

Well Tracy and Ojomo were worse than we thought, JPP had back surgery, and Moore got hurt. So our pass rush has been invisible as a result.

Now having that said, I do expect it to come around eventually (once JPP gets his legs back and Moore gets to see the field), but is it too little too late? Who knows.

We all expected this offense to carry the defense and it hasn't been able to do that at all.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:11 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Snee and Baas MRIs. I think Baas might be the worst FA signing for us since the days of Mitchell, Barrett green and Carlos Emmons. Is this china doll ever healthy? Snee is done, just like Tuck is done. We need to give this team an enema.

We need to draft OL. I never seen an OL play so poorly for us since 2003, Fasshole era, which led to Eli being drafted. I still remember how the knock was he can't block anyone. How can you not run block? Now you can't pass block! WTF? What good are you people? Like I said Reese and Ross better hit a home run this draft. Stop with the project players PLEASE!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:25 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, Herzlich has been AWFUL. There's no defending him. At all
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not saying you guys don't have a chance to turn things around. You very well could. But it's actually pretty common to see teams coming off recent Super Bowl wins to face a rapid collapse. Normally due to guys getting signed for big money elsewhere, stars aging, and combined with the fact that those teams pick late in each round of the draft.

I think your best bet is to tank this year, have a great draft, release dead weight, make some trades (Eli, JPP could net a huge haul) and make a key FA signing or two. Follow the Colts pattern. ie. Trade Eli to the Vikings or Raiders for mutliple picks. Otherwise, I have a feeling it might be a while before the Giants are truly competitive again. I think some coaching changes are due as well.

Otherwise your climb back might take decades if you try to salvage something that's not there. The Cowboys faced their decline after the 90s SBs and we haven't done **** since. We never pulled the right strings.
D-Unit is online now   Reply With Quote