Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-24-2013, 08:07 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Packers just lost to a team that features these 2 old castaway DBs from Dallas: Pac-Man Jones and Terence Newman, and each made a few big plays to defeat the former best QB in football.

We were told that Newman and PacMan were done, washed-up, jokes of players.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:12 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
The Packers just lost to a team that features these 2 old castaway DBs from Dallas: Pac-Man Jones and Terence Newman, and each made a few big plays to defeat the former best QB in football.

We were told that Newman and PacMan were done, washed-up, jokes of players.
Zimmer has done an outstanding job of resurrecting careers on defense. He turned around Reggie Nelson, Taylor Mays isn't completely useless under him (yet), Burfict, Newman, Pacman, he seems to have success with DBs it seems.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:14 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Russia, most likely.
Holy crap, where you been bro?
Old 09-24-2013, 08:16 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Zimmer has done an outstanding job of resurrecting careers on defense. He turned around Reggie Nelson, Taylor Mays isn't completely useless under him (yet), Burfict, Newman, Pacman, he seems to have success with DBs it seems.
Yeah, DBs like Burfict. Wait...

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:17 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Yeah, DBs like Burfict. Wait...
The rest of the guys I named were DBs....
Old 09-24-2013, 09:58 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ronnie Hillman said he got the Broncos fourth-quarter goal-line carry because he won a game of rock, paper, scissors.

Early in the 4th quarter, Hillman broke off a 19-yard run to the 1-yard line. The Broncos proceeded to take a timeout. During that break in the action, Hillman says he took on Knowshon Moreno and Montee Ball in rock, paper, scissors to see who would get the touchdown. Hillman chose rock, while Ball and Moreno went with scissors. "We were just messing around on the sideline," Hillman said. "Just something to do. Have fun. ... Luckily I won, so it all worked out."

rotoworld.com
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 10:15 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And fantasy owners everywhere lamented over such a strategy.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 10:43 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
I just don't see how you can't call it there. Pretty obvious, and the NFL is going to hand out one of their stupid fines to the defender with that hit.
Well Pryor was acting as a runner on that play in the tackle box, its technically a legal hit and I doubt any fines will occur from that hit but we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
any fantasy owner dumb enough to start a broncos running back sort of deserves it.
Pretty much this. The Broncos have shown they will trot out any of the 3 RB's to get work.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:19 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
any fantasy owner dumb enough to start a broncos running back sort of deserves it.
I somehow auto-drafted Monte Ball in the 6th round this year. Barf.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
You're still sticking up for Buckeyes at the next level, how nice.

On a serious note I didn't think Pryor played all that bad. There was the Bronco breakdown on the Moore TD but overall I thought a good effort by the young QB. Big picture, I'm not thinking QB is a must get in the draft.

I will add that if they're picking in the top 5 then a QB most likely will be in play. Something tells me they'll win enough games to not be picking that high.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:23 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I said this on twitter yesterday (@shamron137) (yes shameless self promotion), I would love to see what Pryror could do with some weapons and a good OL.

He shows promise. He doesn't look terrible out there.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vince Young looked good early in his career too. I want to see Pryor continue to develop and improve before I'm ready to call him the long term answer for Oakland.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:09 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I'm not ready to call him the answer over in Oakland. I think if anything you still draft a guy anyway and you create competition at that spot at worst.

But he does show promise and I'm interested in seeing how he grows. By the end of the year, who knows, maybe he shows us enough that you start to believe in the guy. Who knows. He deserves a shot to start all year and show us his growth though. That much is obvious.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I said this on twitter yesterday (@shamron137) (yes shameless self promotion), I would love to see what Pryror could do with some weapons and a good OL.

He shows promise. He doesn't look terrible out there.
Well when Veldheer and Watson recover he might have a solid OLine. I guess we'll sort of see then.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Vince Young looked good early in his career too. I want to see Pryor continue to develop and improve before I'm ready to call him the long term answer for Oakland.
Vince Young looked good this year! I still think he could be a starting QB.
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How do you play rock, paper, scissors with three people?

When three people want one thing, I play odd man out. Which means everyone puts there hands behind there back & after a 1-2-3 count you ether show a one or a two, with your fingers. The odd man out of the three is the winner.

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love how Jon Gruden tries to make you think that the Broncos are the only team that uses more than one offensive formation. Chucky is a show by himself; whether that's a good or bad thing is up to each viewer to decide.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
I love how Jon Gruden tries to make you think that the Broncos are the only team that uses more than one offensive formation. Chucky is a show by himself; whether that's a good or bad thing is up to each viewer to decide.
At the beginning, and I'm paraphrasing

Gruden "I'm tired of hearing the raiders have no shot! when I coached the raiders we had a young QB playing on a Monday night and I gave him every reason in the world to believe we could win."

Terico "how'd y'all do?"

Gruden "man we got railed 40-14"
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:40 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Broncos backs could just fight to the death, or until the other two are incapacitated for the season.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
How do you play rock, paper, scissors with three people?

When three people want one thing, I play odd man out. Which means everyone puts there hands behind there back & after a 1-2-3 count you ether show a one or a two, with your fingers. The odd man out of the three is the winner.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Gruden was something else last night.
"THE BRONCOS USE ALL THESE DIFFERENT PERSONAL GROUPINGS..." like no other team does...
I honestly don't understand why they go to the 3TE look. That is just dumb when you have the WR's they do.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 03:01 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If it's working then why not? It's more looks that a defense will have to adjust to and giving Manning more options and looks is never a bad thing

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 03:10 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let Rivers run the option and he will make all of you look like peasants.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:32 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Vince Young looked good early in his career too.
Tons of guys look good with their shirt off, Halsey!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:20 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I honestly don't understand why they go to the 3TE look. That is just dumb when you have the WR's they do.
They threw in a 3-TE (jumbo) package because they wanted to run the ball and run some clock, considering they were ahead by a good margin.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote