Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-24-2013, 02:15 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Schwartz love his former Titans, please take Kenny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Schwartz love his former Titans, please take Kenny.
Second that. If they could get even a 4th for Britt that executive should get some sort of award.

Kenny Britt to me is the most overhyped player in the league for quite some time now. Although Brody did point out to me that he had an awesome 3 game stretch before he injured his knee a few years back.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
KC is working out Chris Rainey.

Don't let that loser back in the league please.
They passed.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-the-low-4-3s/

Quote:
Per multiple league sources, the Chiefs worked out Rainey on Monday. Though he ran the 40-yard dash in the low 4.3s, the Chiefs have decided that they currently don’t have a spot for him.

One source said that Rainey was timed on one stopwatch at 4.29 seconds.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:15 AM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Glennon time in Tampa: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...f-mike-glennon
Old 09-25-2013, 09:18 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's time. Freeman sucks. And I don't want to hear how it's Schiano's fault. No. Freeman was bad before Schiano got there and Schiano doesn't owe him anything. If the man doesn't take his job seriously and doesn't perform under pressure he never deserved to start to begin with.

Time to move on.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Freeman has a lot of tools, but I can't really remember anyone thinking he was going to be a franchise QB coming out. He was one of those QB's that fans on this site hoped that their teams "didn't get stuck with" in mocks. Looks like the fans were right on this one.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:37 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Freeman is very mediocre but some team is going to give him a huge deal in the offseason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:37 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Remember when Freeman was better than Stafford?

Yeah, neither do I.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:39 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Freeman had a lot of fans on here. And when he started out hot they were beating their drums about how he could be the best qb from that draft.

Then he fell off the face of the Earth. I wasn't a fan of his. To be fair, I did love Sanchez coming out so there's that.

That qb draft class was pretty awful for the most part. Stafford is good, but he hasn't hit the peak he's capable of reaching yet and I feel that a lot of his production is from Calvin. I see a lot of flaws in his game.

But when you combine that arm with Calvin on the outside you can mask a lot of deficiencies in your progression reading, footwork, and accuracy.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:43 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see why a team would throw a lot of money at him. The only team I could see considering it would be the Vikings, and that wouldn't even make sense to me. Maybe a change of scenery would be what he needs, but I wouldn't put my neck on the line to find out.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Freeman is very mediocre but some team is going to give him a huge deal in the offseason.
He has no leverage to demand a big deal with a lot of guaranteed money, not after sucking and getting benched. There will be interested parties, but I don't see him getting paid quite that much.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:48 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is a 25 year old quarterback with elite tools and has had some success. I'm not saying he will get $20 million a year. But I bet he gets more than Matt Flynn got (3 years, $26 million, $10 million guranteed). I would guess he gets a 3-year deal between $30-35 million with $12-15 million guaranteed.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 09-25-2013, 09:51 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I think Freeman will be a well paid backup but that's about it. He won't get anything more than 5 mill a year to be a backup qb on a team with few options or to a team who drafted a qb and wants to sit said qb for a little while before giving him the reigns.

I think it's dumb, drafted qbs rarely sit anymore and you need to know sooner rather than later if he's the guy, but I can see Freeman getting a legit backup contract just bc of his tools and draft pedigree.

But he doesn't deserve it. Those tools haven't panned out after 5 years, why would they magically work now?

He's just not very good. Nor does he have the work ethic.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:01 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Freeman had a lot of fans on here. And when he started out hot they were beating their drums about how he could be the best qb from that draft.

Then he fell off the face of the Earth. I wasn't a fan of his. To be fair, I did love Sanchez coming out so there's that.

That qb draft class was pretty awful for the most part. Stafford is good, but he hasn't hit the peak he's capable of reaching yet and I feel that a lot of his production is from Calvin. I see a lot of flaws in his game.

But when you combine that arm with Calvin on the outside you can mask a lot of deficiencies in your progression reading, footwork, and accuracy.
Freeman got a lot of hate for posting awful numbers on an awful team while playing awful. He had some supporters, and suddenly got a lot more after his impressive year, but he always got a lot of hate to because he was a deeply flawed prospect.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every QBs production is affected by the players he throws to. A QB can only do so much. He can't get open and catch the ball for the pass catchers. Other than Johnson, Stafford has had what? Pizza arm guy, a crazy person and a bunch of RBs who can't stay healthy or just aren't good.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:22 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

I don't think he deserves a huge contract either. But how many teams need QBs? At least five or six teams will be looking for new QBs. Not all of them will be able to get one in the draft.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 09-25-2013, 10:24 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Every QBs production is affected by the players he throws to. A QB can only do so much. He can't get open and catch the ball for the pass catchers. Other than Johnson, Stafford has had what? Pizza arm guy, a crazy person and a bunch of RBs who can't stay healthy or just aren't good.
When you watch the all 22, you see Stafford leave a lot of plays on the field bc he doesn't go through his progressions the way he should.

Calvin draws a ton of attention and he has other guys open many times but had a bad tendency in the past to lock in on Calvin and throw into coverage.

I haven't seen him this year yet but he's been guilty of this in the past. He has enough talent on that offense. He's still putting up great numbers but I want to see him take the next step soon.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stafford's not perfect, but there aren't many QBs who are as good as he is at 25. He still has plenty of time to develop. Just because fans are impatient doesn't mean he's behind any kind of imaginary curve.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:30 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

He's not behind any curve. I just want to see him take the next step, that's all. It's time. It's time for him to establish more than throwing for a bunch of yards. He needs to do more than that now.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:44 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That Freeman vs. Matt Cassel thread literally contains all the lulz ever.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
He's not behind any curve. I just want to see him take the next step, that's all. It's time. It's time for him to establish more than throwing for a bunch of yards. He needs to do more than that now.
The Bears game on Sunday is a huge game for Stafford and the Lions. It'll be a good measuring stick.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
The Bears game on Sunday is a huge game for Stafford and the Lions. It'll be a good measuring stick.
That's a huge game. The 2 matchups I'm looking at are the Lions DL vs the improved Chicago OL and obviously Stafford vs that Chicago D.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Freeman has a lot of tools, but I can't really remember anyone thinking he was going to be a franchise QB coming out. He was one of those QB's that fans on this site hoped that their teams "didn't get stuck with" in mocks. Looks like the fans were right on this one.
This board definitely had some people saying that he'd be the best QB from his draft. Then the Bucs fans talking about him deserving MVP...hoo boy.

I hated on the man all through the draft process, but now it's gotten to the point that he's just being underrated. He could improve at least a quarter of the teams in the league.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:07 PM    (permalink
MrSmith88
Rookie

MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

If Pack don't re-sign Shields he'll be a hot name for any team looking for young DB talent.
MrSmith88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:44 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/09/3...-over-falcons/

Wilfork may be done for the year. This is a massive, massive blow to our defense. Depth at that position was poor as is for us.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote