Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-24-2013, 04:35 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gimmicky uniforms are the norm now when you're not winning titles & big games. Gotta distract the fans somehow from the awful 1-27 record all time against top 5 teams.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can get having pride in a state flag but having pride in a rock or mineral seems kind of silly, I don't mean to offend anyone. The big reason that teams continue to do this in my opinion even when the design is ugly, like the Va Tech helmet, is because of merchandising. With the Stone Helmet they can now sell a bunch of stone related fan apparel and memorabilia.

Obviously the other reason teams have outlandish alternate uniforms is to pander to recruits and young high school kids, but I wonder if schools are testing their limits with designs like Virginia Tech's. I wonder how many recruits are actually going to see that helmet and say "yeah I wanna play in that, that's a cool design."
Old 09-24-2013, 08:49 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
At least Maryland makes sense. They use the state flag (which by it self is a ridiculous looking flag). I personally like what Maryland does. Virginia Tech having bathroom tiles for a helmet is just dumb.
I actually really sort of like half of that flag(and thus half of the uniform). It would be better if they left the checkerboard thing on the shoulder pads and did the helmets with just the red thing, but overall they're kind of cool.

...but yeah, those VT uniforms look like bathroom tile.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:24 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish Maryland didn't feel the need to **** with their jerseys so much. Their turtle logo is awesome.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:30 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I wish Maryland didn't feel the need to **** with their jerseys so much. Their turtle logo is awesome.
Agree with that. One of the cooler logos and mascots in country. Even the name is pretty cool. Maryland would be a pretty cool team if they were any good.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:37 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Sadly Maryland is caught in the pissing contest between Nike and UA.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:23 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
Sadly Maryland is caught in the pissing contest between Nike and UA.
UA makes better clothing. It's better constructed, IMO (stitching, material, and fit).
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:26 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That Virginia Tech helmet would actually be a cool look for Maryland because it kind of looks like a turtle shell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:35 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
That Virginia Tech helmet would actually be a cool look for Maryland because it kind of looks like a turtle shell.
That's what I thought it was for on first site.

It would be pretty cool if they took that concept and improved it for Maryland.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:40 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
UA makes better clothing. It's better constructed, IMO (stitching, material, and fit).
I don't have a horse in the race just observing the ridiculousness Nike and UA put Oregon and Maryland through respectively.

Last edited by MassNole : 09-25-2013 at 08:45 AM.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:41 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They already had a turtle helmet but it was a bit too cartoonish for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't have a horse in the race just observing the ridiculousness Nike and UA put Oregon and Maryland through respectively.
Oregon is quite happy with everything Nike.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:38 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Oregon is quite happy with everything Nike.
So are their recruits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:32 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Minnesota sucks at football and Saturday Kinnick North will be reborn.

Also:

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Maryland's flag unis. But those Virginia Tech ones are atrocious. That may be the worst concept I have ever seen.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:04 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GTECH hasn't beaten Vtech since 2009, but I think they might roll them tonite.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
GTECH hasn't beaten Vtech since 2009, but I think they might roll them tonite.
Not a game to watch if you can't stomach bad QB play.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:37 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Not a game to watch if you can't stomach bad QB play.
I'm not sure why...but I forced myself to watch all of Vtech's game last week and the 3 OT's.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vad Lee is fun to watch.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:40 PM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks to that Penn State getting their penalties slashed, now USC is asking for reparations to their punishment.

Hackenberg vs Morris!
Starting up the Keeton train again, it's that time of year!

Sleeper QB Freshman: Mason Rudolph
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:33 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcmRulz View Post
Thanks to that Penn State getting their penalties slashed, now USC is asking for reparations to their punishment.
As well they should.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
As well they should.
Long overdue. The NCAA should suck USC's proverbial **** for the unjust penalties they pulled on the university.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:38 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Love how USC cheats for years then complains about getting punished. Seriously though hiring Lane Kiffin was the worst form of self discipline a school has ever given itself.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:44 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Love how USC cheats for years then complains about getting punished. Seriously though hiring Lane Kiffin was the worst form of self discipline a school has ever given itself.
Oh ****** please, schools have gotten off by the **** ton since us with a slap on the ****** wrist.

North Carolia, Ohio State, Miami, Auburn, Oregon. Yet, we are the ones to get slammed the hardest since SMU. They knew they went too far, and since then they have tried not to be too harsh.

NFL players are coming out everywhere and saying they were paid by SEC schools, and whats being done about that?

Quote:
Old 09-26-2013, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They're not complaining about being punished.

Most of the nation knows by now by looking at all the players who have taken money as a bribe at each university that USC's punishment was much too severe. The big issue is they used USC as an example for the nation to learn by, and even after the rest of the nation cheated the consequences for those schools, or lack there of, have been more than underwhelming. (See:Oregon,Auburn,etc..)

Then again, you are a FSU homer/troll so I don't know why I took the time to point the obvious out to you.

Last edited by Punisher : 09-26-2013 at 05:53 PM.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote