Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-25-2013, 01:39 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Soft, the guy betting you shoulda made it 3 reps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:41 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a softy.

I squat 5 sets of 5, only 135 lbs :(
Old 09-25-2013, 01:43 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm a softy.

I squat 5 sets of 5, only 135 lbs :(
Everyone starts somewhere. Progress is progress.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Everyone starts somewhere. Progress is progress.
I feel like I can do more, but I'm adding 5 lbs each squat day. I want to take it slow. With my back problems I don't want to overextend myself.

But it's still very light to start off with. I currently weigh 158 lbs.
Old 09-25-2013, 01:56 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I currently weigh 158 lbs.
How tall are you?

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 09-25-2013, 01:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
How tall are you?
Anywhere from 5 10" to 5 11" Probably more like 5 10"
Old 09-25-2013, 01:58 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have to get back into waking up at 6 to hitting the gym. Have only went two times or so in the past two weeks. Other things come up when I try to go later in the day. Excuses, really.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:11 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys do for increased energy pre-workout? I am not a morning person but I make myself get up at 5:45 3x a week to go work out. I just don't have the energy at that time of day that I do at like 4PM. Do you eat beforehand? How long before?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Use good form and squat as deep as you reasonably can. The strength gains will come with consistent work. I see too many people sacrificing good form and depth so they can use more weight.
Old 09-25-2013, 02:36 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
What do you guys do for increased energy pre-workout? I am not a morning person but I make myself get up at 5:45 3x a week to go work out. I just don't have the energy at that time of day that I do at like 4PM. Do you eat beforehand? How long before?
coffee. bannana
Old 09-25-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
coffee. bannana
Peanut butter/Banana Toast and Spark energy drink from advocare.

Quote:
Old 09-25-2013, 02:54 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've noticed that I can lift a fair bit more if I have a lot of caffeine in my system (250+ mg), but I'm not sure if that's such a swell idea if you're prone to high blood pressure (like I am).
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:56 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coffee and small protein shake

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coffee is like booze for me: once I start, I don't want to stop until the pot is empty. If you can moderate, it's great.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Anywhere from 5 10" to 5 11" Probably more like 5 10"
Well, you thought I was mexican and I thought you were much bigger than 5'11" 160.

Quote:
Old 09-25-2013, 08:47 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wake up and do some pushups, go outside and run, then go to the gym and lift. By the time I get to the gym I'm awake.

Did dead lifts and a cosgrove complex this morning, and rock climbing/yoga tonight and I didn't eat nearly enough before climbing and I'm ******* starving right now.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:05 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Started a 90 day P90X/Insanity combo yesterday. Basically, it has all of the weight lifting stuff from P90, and all of the cardio and much of the recovery is based around Insanity. It should limit my Tony Horton Fatigue and maximize the results.

My fitness goal at this point is to look good naked and maintain my intramural athletic performance. A little bit vain, but it will work. I'm also going to start running again on weekends.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:07 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everything hurts :(. I forgot what complexes do to you the day after.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:15 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I did P90 Chest & Back yesterday, 2 sets of the following:

standard pushups
wide front pullups
military pushups
chinups
wide pushups
narrow grip pullups
decline pushups
"heavy pants"
diamond pushups
lawnmowers
dive bomber pushups
back flys

My larger muscles don't hurt too much, but my smaller muscles are KILLING me...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 09-26-2013, 10:19 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Sounds like p90 uses a lot of body weight exercises. Is that an effective way of building muscle or is it strictly to get cut?
Old 09-26-2013, 10:21 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Well, you thought I was mexican and I thought you were much bigger than 5'11" 160.
Yeah man, I'm not a huge guy. I was bigger at one point in my life, but i've been around 160 to 170 lbs for the most part and I'm short at 5 11"

I'm thin. I need to bulk up a little. I think I need to bulk up but everyone around me says I shouldn't. I'm a small frame so they say I carry my weight well but I dunno, I always felt like I should put on some weight.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:39 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Sounds like p90 uses a lot of body weight exercises. Is that an effective way of building muscle or is it strictly to get cut?
I went through the insanity program...didn't build a ton of muscle, but it did cut me up...I think p90 is similar.

Quote:
Yeah man, I'm not a huge guy. I was bigger at one point in my life, but i've been around 160 to 170 lbs for the most part and I'm short at 5 11"

I'm thin. I need to bulk up a little. I think I need to bulk up but everyone around me says I shouldn't. I'm a small frame so they say I carry my weight well but I dunno, I always felt like I should put on some weight.
Do you look boney with your shirt off?....

....no h0mo.

Quote:
Old 09-26-2013, 10:54 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I went through the insanity program...didn't build a ton of muscle, but it did cut me up...I think p90 is similar.

Do you look boney with your shirt off?....

....no h0mo.
Not really. I'm lean. I'm not bulky but not boney either. Depends on your definition of boney I guess. My arms are small. I have very thin wrists. But my body is lean.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:59 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Depends how you do the program. They always say "8-10 reps for size, 12-15 for lean". Obviously, for size, you up the weight and lower the reps. When it comes to squats, lunges and pushups and pullups, high reps can be great for overall strength and even size. The program works well for that.

Old 09-26-2013, 11:02 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

You can get very cut and very strong with size doing P90. However, Insanity is different. I don't think you will realize the size and strength goals you have doing that interval training.

I am doing the hybrid program because of my vain, but realistic fitness goals. I'm 33 and just want to maintain performance and look/feel good. I don't care about size. I just want to keep my body in shape and prevent injury, plus continue to play sports and have fun.