Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 06-03-2013, 09:11 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default How good are the 2013 Bucs?

So I was just thinking about the roster and how it stacks up in the league.

On defense we have a top 5 3 tech DT ( McCoy ), Top 8 OLB ( David ), the best CB in the league ( Revis ) and a very good safety combo ( Glodson and
Barron ). That's five studs. Throw in a Clayborn, Bowers, Foster and Banks ( rookie ) and this D should be a top 15 unit. Only problem is depth.

On offense we have top 3 OG ( Nicks ) top 10 LT ( Penn ) and top 15 second OG in ( Joseph ). I think a top 5 WR combo in Jackson and Williams. And Martin who is a monster RB. Oglethree has gotten better every year in the league and Crabtree could be this years Martellus Bennett at best, at worst he's a great blocking TE. This unit to me should be top 8.

So it all comes down to Freeman. If he can play like he did 2 seasons ago theirs no reason in my mind why we are not a 12 win team. I think if Free plays like last year we are a 10 win team. We are that good. We are a very top heavy team in talent. To me this season isn't if we are going to make the playoffs but how far can we go once we're there.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:56 AM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am excited about how the roster is shaping up. Our problem all over the roster, really, is depth. We've got good talent starting, but if key players start going down, the talent gap is pretty big. MLB has the WAR stat..... well... I'd bet our starters have very high WAR numbers.
DeadEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:29 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm excited because on defense, we have a lot of young guys that have played well, but inexperience showed at certain times. As these guys develop (group of McCoy, Bowers, Clayborn, David, Foster, Barron), I only see this defense getting better. They have a ton of talent and potential. I'm glad with the veteran additions of Revis and Gholston, it can only mold these guys as they gain more experience.

Offensively, your right. It's all on Freeman. Martin is going to get a lot of attention. The bucs, despite not having Joseph or Nicks, still graded out as a top 16 Offensive line in both pass protection and Run blocking. They should only get better. Freeman needs to do a better job going through reads, being more decisive, limit mistakes, and most importantly, move the sticks to keep the defense off the field. Obviously , all of those will lead to points.

To me, if Freeman puts it together, the entire team is good enough to finish with a playoff birth or better.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:46 PM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEagle View Post
I am excited about how the roster is shaping up. Our problem all over the roster, really, is depth. We've got good talent starting, but if key players start going down, the talent gap is pretty big. MLB has the WAR stat..... well... I'd bet our starters have very high WAR numbers.
True. Excited for this season to start but am concerned with the depth. Already got a few guys knicked up at positions where there is nothing really behind them.
kBuc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The absolute biggest concern with this team has to be depth, especially with how snake-bitten this the Bucs have been with injuries in the past few years. The depth on the defensive line is paper thin and we really can't afford to lose starters anywhere else on defense, either.

Speaking of the defense, I absolutely expect the defense to finish in the top half of the league. I still don't think Sheridan has what it takes to be a defensive coordinator in this league and if the the defense struggles early, he needs to be canned. If it comes to that, I wouldn't even mind if they do that mid-season, as Dave Wannstedt could take over for the remainder of the season.

On offense, I think the key to helping Freeman is getting more guys involved. Of all the wide receivers on this team last season, only Jackson, Williams and Underwood had more than 10 interceptions. That's completely unacceptable, because it leads to predictability to the point where opposing defenses know they can just double cover either Jackson or Williams and shut down a big portion of the passing game. Sullivan needs to figure out how to get those other receivers involved, because doing so will allow Freeman to spread the ball around more, which will open more opportunities in both the passing and the running game.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:45 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
The absolute biggest concern with this team has to be depth, especially with how snake-bitten this the Bucs have been with injuries in the past few years. The depth on the defensive line is paper thin and we really can't afford to lose starters anywhere else on defense, either.

Speaking of the defense, I absolutely expect the defense to finish in the top half of the league. I still don't think Sheridan has what it takes to be a defensive coordinator in this league and if the the defense struggles early, he needs to be canned. If it comes to that, I wouldn't even mind if they do that mid-season, as Dave Wannstedt could take over for the remainder of the season.

On offense, I think the key to helping Freeman is getting more guys involved. Of all the wide receivers on this team last season, only Jackson, Williams and Underwood had more than 10 interceptions. That's completely unacceptable, because it leads to predictability to the point where opposing defenses know they can just double cover either Jackson or Williams and shut down a big portion of the passing game. Sullivan needs to figure out how to get those other receivers involved, because doing so will allow Freeman to spread the ball around more, which will open more opportunities in both the passing and the running game.
Kevin Ogletree I think will win the 3rd WR spot and give us a little more than we had last year with Underwood.

Again like we've been saying depth is our problem. I hate the whole if this player goes down that teams in trouble. And I feel like we have 3 of those players. Revis, McCoy and David.

The Bucs with their drafting need to start getting more picks (trading down) to fill backup roles with young players that can step in and take over if need be la a the Packers.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:50 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Yelnats View Post
8-8. Really depends on Freeman. I think he struggles again and we release him.
This is a 10 win team in my book. The Bucs without a major injury bug should finish the season top 12 both on offense and defense. We can put our talent up against anyone's in the league. Two years ago people would have made fun of me for saying that.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:45 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still skeptical of the dline. Bowers looked terrible last night. No pentetration. Got stonewalled everytime, looked slow and unmotivated off the line.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
I'm still skeptical of the dline. Bowers looked terrible last night. No pentetration. Got stonewalled everytime, looked slow and unmotivated off the line.
The pass rush isn't getting fixed period until Bill Sheridan is either fired or drops his stupid fixation with stunts.

I refuse to judge any of our defensive linemen on their pass rushing abilities before that time comes because, frankly, it's a goddamned miracle that Michael Bennett managed to get 9 sacks last season with all the stupid crap Sheridan makes them run.
Old 08-11-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
The pass rush isn't getting fixed period until Bill Sheridan is either fired or drops his stupid fixation with stunts.

I refuse to judge any of our defensive linemen on their pass rushing abilities before that time comes because, frankly, it's a goddamned miracle that Michael Bennett managed to get 9 sacks last season with all the stupid crap Sheridan makes them run.
I don't think it's all Sheridan. I remember Warren Sapp say they used to run a lot of Stunts, he said they only work if ran correctly. He said they were not running them correctly.

Now that I think of it, Dominik is riding a lot into this DLINE not retaining Bennett for 5 million. Bowers was a huge risk when we drrafted him. He has not been healthy in his first 2 years and that was the risk .

This is a huge year for Dom and his 09/10/11 draft picks. All entering years 3 4 and 5 as pros. Freeman is the only one left from his 2009 class and if he doesn';t become the franchise QB they envisioned, it's nothing but a fail and new GM will be hired.

Quite frankly, I think Dom is an excellent cap manager, but this Eric Stokes guy is a talent in the rise. He was the guy who recieved the credit in evaluating Russell Wilson. And he had a lot of help in scouting/drafting talent. Look at that team in Seattle. Stokes would be an excellent replacement.
Old 08-12-2013, 11:07 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

Quote:
Well this could help you out to what you saw...

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=93484

In it Bowers himself said he was " Winded " and " Iím not in the best shape ".

The light has to come on for this kid. When he was in school it was the same thing. Until his Jr year when the light came on, took things over.

Watching Hard Knocks makes me want a guy like James Harrison on the Bucs. He brings the don't F around with him. Sapp had it when he played with us. Coaches didn't need to talk to D Linemen when Sapp played. If Bowers showed up out of shape. Sapp would let me know all about it.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:49 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody thinking Schiano is on the hot seat after Revis' comments? It was also reported a number of players felt the same way. I was watching ESPN this morning and there was a pretty valid point brought up about the quiet arrogance of the coach. One thing was his "my way or the highway" attitude is kind of a detriment to the team. We have one of, if not THE, best Man coverage corners in the league playing zone from time to time, the offense doesn't really seem to cater to Freeman's strengths, plus a lack of a good safety valve like a decent TE. I know we have had 2 close losses but Where is the discipline he was supposed to instill onto the field, I.E. 20+ penalties in 2 ? Any thoughts??

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheem Morris
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.

Last edited by bigfreak314 : 09-17-2013 at 10:17 PM.
bigfreak314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:49 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfreak314 View Post
Anybody thinking Schiano is on the hot seat after Revis' comments? It was also reported a number of players felt the same way. I was watching ESPN this morning and there was a pretty valid point brought up about the quiet arrogance of the coach. One thing was his "my way or the highway" attitude is kind of a detriment to the team. We have one of, if not THE, best Man coverage corners in the league playing zone from time to time, the offense doesn't really seem to cater to Freeman's strengths, plus a lack of a good safety valve like a decent TE. I know we have had 2 close losses but Where is the discipline he was supposed to instill onto the field, I.E. 20+ penalties in 2 ? Any thoughts??
I don't know whats going on at OneBuc. But I'll tell you this, we've lost these games because of discipline. Also because of play calling. Not because of Free or because we're playing too much zone.

On the whole Revis thing. The Bucs right now are number 1 in the league with 9 sacks, have 3 ints ( 1 for a TD ) and are 8th in scoring D. So something is going right on that side of the ball.

Schiano needs to tone it down. I really think he's a good football coach. He needs to look at Tom Coughlin. Lost his Jags teams. Then almost lost the G men till he toned it down.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:53 AM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

How good is this team? 1 or 2 wins. I don't want to slam Schiano but he is not HC material, he would make a great DC though. I expect the whole coaching staff to be gone after this year.
kBuc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:37 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kBuc5 View Post
How good is this team? 1 or 2 wins. I don't want to slam Schiano but he is not HC material, he would make a great DC though. I expect the whole coaching staff to be gone after this year.
With the change at QB, I hope we sniff 5 wins, the kid screams Josh 2.0 which kind of baffles me to why the team would draft him in the first place. Hopefully we can be in the Jadaveon Clowney race with our NEW coaching staff. I think we need to stop giving these first time NFL coaches a shot and go for a proven commodity, which is easier said than done. The talent on the team could easily make us a playoff contender outside of the QB position. Unfortunately I do see any Andy Reids coming threw the door. Cohwer is intriguing but I don't think he wants to come out of retirement.

Quote:
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:41 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kBuc5 View Post

1-2 Wins? Are you joking? This season has not gone well the first 3 weeks. But this team is two plays away from being 2-1. That's with a QB in Freeman that has been the worst in the league. Are the playoffs a long shot.. Yes. But this team is better than this. That's why Tampa fans have a reason to be upset.
Old 09-27-2013, 04:02 PM    (permalink
fishspinners
Rookie

fishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

What are realistic stats for Glennon Sunday? I say 16-31 205 1TD 2INT.
fishspinners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 09:59 AM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

I feel sorry for Glennon because this team is so talented it puts a lot of pressure on the QB for a win. The problem with the offense is it lacks creativity, the scheme is too vanilla, a bunch of iso routes ran by the WRs and don't get me we have some play makers on the outside but you pretty much have to be perfect with your ball placement time in and time out and that is extremely difficult. That being said I see multiple int's with Peterson and Matheui patrolling the secondary, and Campbell vs Dotson scares the crap out of me.

Glennon 12-25 164 1td - 3ints

I really hope I am wrong and the Glennon can light a fire under this passing game.

Quote:
Old 09-28-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Honestly, I see a game heavily run oriented. 17-30 220 yards 2 TDs 1 INT
Old 09-28-2013, 01:37 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Glennon is an accurate passer. Displayed it in TC. I really think Schiano needs to fire sully get a more complex scheme. More 3 WR sets. Not saying Freeman didnt deserve benching, but the scheme needs to give the QB more options. Glennon does a nice job going though progressions quickly and is very intelligent.
Old 09-29-2013, 01:51 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

Quote:
Glennon is an accurate passer. Displayed it in TC. I really think Schiano needs to fire sully get a more complex scheme. More 3 WR sets. Not saying Freeman didnt deserve benching, but the scheme needs to give the QB more options. Glennon does a nice job going though progressions quickly and is very intelligent.
Speaking of Training Camp, how was Josh performance during this past offseason? I don't live down in the area but I remember past camps especially with Raheem he always seemed sharp and a real student of the game. Always in the film room and one of the last guys to leave. At least that is what I remember reading.

Quote:
Old 09-29-2013, 02:01 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

Quote:
Speaking of Training Camp, how was Josh performance during this past offseason? I don't live down in the area but I remember past camps especially with Raheem he always seemed sharp and a real student of the game. Always in the film room and one of the last guys to leave. At least that is what I remember reading.

Quote:
Old 10-04-2013, 10:35 AM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfreak314 View Post

That's the crux of the rift between Schiano and Freeman. Kids with ADHD, on meds or not, just don't have "studious" in their blood.
DeadEagle is offline   Reply With Quote