Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-26-2013, 12:44 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im 61 205 and pretty lean. I want to get leaner and get rid of my stomach fat. Sounds like insanity is a good look? Im not worried about gaining muscle. I can do that easy. I need to cut up and Im at a plateau.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Everything hurts :(. I forgot what complexes do to you the day after.
I did the evil 8 with 135 once. It was a huge mistake. Everything hurt for like a week.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Im 61 205 and pretty lean. I want to get leaner and get rid of my stomach fat. Sounds like insanity is a good look? Im not worried about gaining muscle. I can do that easy. I need to cut up and Im at a plateau.
It would work for what you are trying to do. When you buy insanity, you get the Nutrition guide with 3 meal plans. Cutting, maintaining and gaining...I would likely just go with the maintain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:27 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I did the evil 8 with 135 once. It was a huge mistake. Everything hurt for like a week.
I just did 65! I want to die. Every muscle in my back is dying. And I can't bend.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
I just did 65! I want to die. Every muscle in my back is dying. And I can't bend.
I usually do (did) 95, but I was feeling extra strong so I have 135 a go. I didn't quite finish, but did pretty well. The pain was horrific though.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:42 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I did 115 once when I was at my peak and holy **** that was miserable.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-26-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
It would work for what you are trying to do. When you buy insanity, you get the Nutrition guide with 3 meal plans. Cutting, maintaining and gaining...I would likely just go with the maintain.
Man, Ive been on keto for like a month. I give myself a day a week to carb up but for the most part Ive stayed on it. Bacon, bacon, bacon. Ive leaned up some but my body just is designed to not get leaner than it is right now. I think Ill try insanity though.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When I do Insanity workouts, I literally have to wring sweat out of my clothing, and I pour sweat all over the floor. It is super intense and very hard. You aren't going to build a lot of muscle doing it, but you will burn calories and work your core. That with a decent diet should net you some great results

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:50 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I had too google this. Looks very intriguing. I really need to build my metabolic conditioning up, may give this a shot this weekend. Not with 135 though. 95, maybe.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I had too google this. Looks very intriguing. I really need to build my metabolic conditioning up, may give this a shot this weekend. Not with 135 though. 95, maybe.
To be honest, even 65 lbs sucks ass. I'm so glad I introduced all of you to complexes.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:20 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've done complexes before, just never that one specifically. I really hate doing anything from the hang position, I may just do normal or power cleans.

i done stole dis sig

Last edited by killxswitch : 09-26-2013 at 03:23 PM.
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How long can you guys plank for?

I'm up to 1:40 so far. I do the standard plank right now. Not ready to do one leg or anything like that.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:04 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I try to plank for 90 seconds a day each at the regular, and on my elbow on each side. I find it is a good part of my overall conditioning

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 09-26-2013, 05:18 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My max is 5 minutes. These days I do 12 reps of 10 seconds each with a 5 second break in between reps (actually, I usually break it up into 3 sets of 4 reps).
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You do reps of planks?

I don't feel any burn at all until I'm a good 50 seconds into it. Then I try to hold it as long as possible and my body just caves in around 90 to 100 seconds.

I only do it once a day. I'm trying side planks but I can only hold it for 30 seconds a side right now.
Old 09-26-2013, 06:23 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I do regular, right side, and left side plank every morning when I wake up. No reps. Just 90 seconds x3 and then go about my business. Sometimes I pee first.

Old 09-26-2013, 06:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

90 seconds on the sides is very good. I lose balance after 30 seconds. I raise my upper leg in the air for those bc I feel I have more balance when I do.

When I give out at 100 seconds on the regular plank my body is shaking so much. I try to hold it as long as I can and you really feel the burn in the last 20 seconds.
Old 09-26-2013, 06:45 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
You do reps of planks?

I don't feel any burn at all until I'm a good 50 seconds into it. Then I try to hold it as long as possible and my body just caves in around 90 to 100 seconds.

I only do it once a day. I'm trying side planks but I can only hold it for 30 seconds a side right now.
Yeah, I've read that you get a better workout if you do 10 second reps with a 2-3 second break in between. The app that I use won't let me set my break for less than 5 seconds, so I just go with that.

When I did the 5 minute plank, I used this schedule to build up to it:

I think my personal best was around 2:00 (maybe 2:30) when I started the challenge. It starts out easy enough, but when you reach the middle of the month it starts to ramp up pretty quickly. After you hit about 3:30, it's basically a mental challenge. Just plow through it.

Last edited by WCH : 09-26-2013 at 06:48 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:47 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Planks are good, but the key is good form and core support. Breathing is very key, but it is not really something that works for definition. It is just a good exercise for stability.

The chart above is a good one to build up to a 5 minute plank. I just do my 90x3 every morning and call it a day.

Old 09-27-2013, 11:04 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

My core routine consists of planks, crunches, weighted crunches, and pull ups. I split my muscle groups apart but I do core every day and do basically planks and crunches every day, weighted crunches once a week, and pullups every other day.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:13 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I would recommend some Pilates or yoga every 2-3 weeks. Extra core stuff, flexibility, and it's a different kind of strength. It's good to change it up, and there's lots of cute chicks in tight pants being bendy...

Old 09-27-2013, 11:15 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I'm trying. I've been building up my flexibility with basic stretches for the past month or so, and I'm starting to plateau there so I'm looking into different yoga techniques I can try.

I'm still learning about it though so I'm not ready to put it together as part of my routine just yet. For now I keep trying to stretch a little more each day and get to a point where I feel like I'm ready for some yoga.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:17 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Just go to a beginner yoga class at the gym. Vinyasa is a good one. Don't try Power Yoga or Heated. Too advanced out the gate. Tell the instructor you're a newbie, and they will help you.

Or, you can go On Demand/Fitness and do something at home. Big key is to push without hurting yourself.

Old 09-27-2013, 12:09 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

You don't really have to do that kind of prep for yoga, I had/have no flexibility/stamina and I get through stuff fine, just have to remember to do stuff at your own pace and it's perfectly fine not to do stuff for as long or do every single thing.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-27-2013, 12:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I want to do it on my own at home, what would you guys recommend for a starter like myself?