Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-27-2013, 03:16 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmm, I didn't really think anything of the torture mission. I didn't feel it was any worse than some of the other things I've done in these games over the last decade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Hmm, I didn't really think anything of the torture mission. I didn't feel it was any worse than some of the other things I've done in these games over the last decade.
Just in case others haven't reached it yet.

Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:43 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
It was horrifying. I genuinely wanted to stop playing aside from wanting to get back to storyline which was massively entertaining. That mission alone though was jarring and FAR worse than the COD mission where you execute civilians that people went nuts over.

As far as the rest of the game the storyline is excellent they is a TON to do. However as referenced in my original post the game hasn't progressed in the way it should. Walking, shooting and flying are terrible in comparison to where they should be. I don't expect ARMA realism but can they at least make it feel like they have advanced since previous iterations of GTA.

Thule: That's my exact Trevor. Putting Franklin in a white suit with cornrows is pretty awesome as well.
haha thats awesome. I have franklin with a afro and huge beard...kinda looks like cutty from the wire

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:49 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My Trevor looks like Jack Torrance from The Shining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:08 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dumb question but where do i save my game place at because ive turned off the game and now have to redo missions 2 times now and it sucks

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:10 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
dumb question but where do i save my game place at because ive turned off the game and now have to redo missions 2 times now and it sucks
You can save at any time after a mission by using your cell phone and choosing quick save.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:16 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

damnit i shouldve known like the past game, thanks though now to redo these missions again :\

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 09:04 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael is the one who knocks.

Old 09-29-2013, 12:40 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone help me. I can't breathe right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:24 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Still playing. Fairly casually though. Think I'm at something like 53% completion. There's a lot to do and the writing is fairly clever throughout, but the actual gameplay mechanics are merely average. The traversal and combat is just meh. Guns is particular are pretty bad. A game this expensive to make should have way more polish to such a key element.
Gun mechanics look pretty damn good for a rockstar game, combat is average but still pretty decent some of the punches thrown on me by random people are comparable to rocky, just brutal I could feel it through the tv lol

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:30 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post

Someone help me. I can't breathe right now.
I think your first problem is that you go on reddit.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs View Post
Gun mechanics look pretty damn good for a rockstar game, combat is average but still pretty decent.
Sleeping Dogs is a way better in both areas. That is not to say that GTA V is not awesome because it is but it does have flaws.

I love the series but the controls have always felt a little rough around the edges. That hasn't stopped me from getting a heck of alot of enjoyment out of it though.
Old 09-29-2013, 06:33 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I think your first problem is that you go on reddit.
Zing.

But seriously, internet feminism will only bring pain and confusion to our tiny cisgendered minds. Avoid it and don't engage at all costs, especially with video games.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 09-29-2013 at 06:37 PM.
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:50 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Zing.

But seriously, internet feminism will only bring pain and confusion to our tiny cisgendered minds. Avoid it and don't engage at all costs, especially with video games.
Well to be fair I visit reddit too, I just try to limit it to the subreddits that can chill with all of the self-righteous ********.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:54 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Sleeping Dogs is a way better in both areas. That is not to say that GTA V is not awesome because it is but it does have flaws.

I love the series but the controls have always felt a little rough around the edges. That hasn't stopped me from getting a heck of alot of enjoyment out of it though.
Fighting was very nice in sleeping dogs, but the guns play was meh

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 07:02 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs View Post
Fighting was very nice in sleeping dogs, but the guns play was meh
Disagree entirely. Aiming felt drastically better. The gunplay in GTA V is just kind of there.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-29-2013, 11:31 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
There is actually three endings depending on which choice you make on the last mission.

I recommend a manual save before you play it.

My ending was good but a little abrupt. I watched the other two on YouTube and didn't like them at all. I can't really say why with out spoiling.
You can play the other 2 missions you don't choose after beating it. It's under the replay mission menu. Figured this out, thought I'd mention it.

Can't wait for GTA Online Tuesday.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:37 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KIFFLOM!

I beat the game and now I'm doing a bunch of side missions, trying to get my competion percentage to 100%. My one regret...

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:41 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
KIFFLOM!

I beat the game and now I'm doing a bunch of side missions, trying to get my competion percentage to 100%. My one regret...

I'm going to finish the main mission this week and then start a new game to try and get 100%.

I invested in the stock market but I always forgot to do it with Michael and Trevor. I could have made so much more money.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 09-30-2013, 01:38 AM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never know what to invest in :(
Old 09-30-2013, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
KIFFLOM!

I beat the game and now I'm doing a bunch of side missions, trying to get my competion percentage to 100%.
I'm at 90% and not sure if I'm going to be able to pull off 100%.

KIFFLOM!
Old 09-30-2013, 09:53 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonraider View Post
I never know what to invest in :(
Me neither. I know there are guides on the internet that show how to make huge sums of money from the stock market but I would rather figure it out myself.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Has there been any news about online play? I mean does it go live at midnight? Do we have to wait till a certain time tomorrow or what?

Edit:

GTA Online Goes Live Tomorrow at...

Last edited by Splat : 09-30-2013 at 07:21 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:32 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Me neither. I know there are guides on the internet that show how to make huge sums of money from the stock market but I would rather figure it out myself.
Lester hints to Franklin who to invest in during the assassinations.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 09-30-2013, 09:45 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I would say he does more than hint. He flat out tells you towards the end of the calls. You just need to pay attention.

Haven't messed with it at all besides that though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau