Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 09-29-2013, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Which Prospects Will Fail to Live Up to Draft Position?

Regardless of whether or not you believe a prospect is destined to bust out of the league, which prospects in this year's class do you think will fail to perform up to their draft slot and why?

Last edited by Scott Wright : 09-30-2013 at 06:56 PM.
Matthew Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kouandijo
Lewan
Lee

I see these guys being grossly outperformed by some guys picked after them. They will all likely still be starters. But they are guys that should be picked early and I see not being the best of the crop.
Attyla the Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 12:04 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After last night's performance, Bradley Roby didn't look the part of a top ten corner or first round caliber really. He struggled big time against Jared Abbrederis in man coverage.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attyla the Hawk View Post
Kouandijo
Lewan
Lee

I see these guys being grossly outperformed by some guys picked after them. They will all likely still be starters. But they are guys that should be picked early and I see not being the best of the crop.
Not sure Kouandjo is that highly ranked to start with, but yeah, overrated.

I'd probably throw Tajh Boyd into the mix. I question his ability to get the ball down the field at the next level.

On the flip side i think Trent Murphy will be a better pro than his draft position dictates.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 12:42 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are we using their current perceived draft position? If so then I have to say Watkins and Lee. If either of them go top 10 I think they'll be disappointments. I can at least envision Watkins becoming a Mike Wallace type of receiver but I can't imagine Lee becoming a true #1 receiver in the league. In my opinion Watkins will end up going mid-late first and Lee could easily fall to the second round. At least that's where I think they should go. They don't fit the physical profile of a #1 receiver in the league and that's the only type of receiver I think is worth a top 10 pick.

Other than that I think Mariota will disappoint if he comes out and goes first round because of his physical abilities. I think he's too raw as a passer at this point and while athleticism is a nice quality to have in a QB it'll always take a backseat to the passing game.
fredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not seeing what everyone else is seeing in Brett Hundley, I think Boyd is clearly better than him and Hundley doesn't seem to be a top 5 or top 10 pick.
Old 09-29-2013, 01:09 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bridgewater
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 01:13 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post
I'm not seeing what everyone else is seeing in Brett Hundley, I think Boyd is clearly better than him and Hundley doesn't seem to be a top 5 or top 10 pick.
I think the hype on Hundley is legit. He has all of the physical tools you look for including the ability to run for first downs if he needs to. He also shows the ability to stand in the pocket and deliver the ball accurately. For the most part he's seemed pretty calm when I've watched him as well, including while they were down against Tennessee, which is impressive for someone his age. I think if he comes out this year he'll go top 10 as he compares favorably to Ryan Tannehill as a somewhat raw prospect with good upside. However, I think he would benefit a lot by waiting a year and working on getting better at the little things. If he did that I think he could be the #1 pick next year and would have a smoother transition into the NFL.
fredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:26 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think NFL teams will figure out Boyd before the draft but if they don't, he'll be found out pretty early in the league.
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:01 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
After last night's performance, Bradley Roby didn't look the part of a top ten corner or first round caliber really. He struggled big time against Jared Abbrederis in man coverage.
Saw the thread and was going to post exactly this!!!
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Abbrederis is an NFL quality WR. He's going to make a GM look smart on day 2.
Attyla the Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:12 PM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

gstock05 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm an OSU fan, but I agree with the fact that Roby seems overrated. I think a lot of it is inexperience, as he has all the physical tools you want from a corner, but I wouldn't take him in the top 10 at this point.

On the other hand, Ryan Shazier is a complete beast, and is always around the ball. I think he can be a star in the NFL.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wouldn't mind pairing him up with Russell Wilson again. 2nd round seems about right.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:52 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jared is quality, but if Roby is truly special like he's touted, shouldn't he be bringing his A game against pro caliber players?

Old 09-30-2013, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I won't beat a dead-horse and say Arizona St. DT Will Sutton but I think he is overrated.

One candidate would be De'Anthony Thomas if he comes off the board in Round 1. I think Marcus Mariota's bust potential is pretty high as well. I guess Ducks fans aren't going to like me.

Miami (FL) OT Seantrel Henderson is the textbook definition of Boom or Bust.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:01 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Sutton was nearly a non-factor against the Badgers. The weight he put on has hurt his effectiveness and he needs to find his explosion once again otherwise he'll fall.

Old 09-30-2013, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sutton was nearly a non-factor against the Badgers. The weight he put on has hurt his effectiveness and he needs to find his explosion once again otherwise he'll fall.
As I've maintain all along Sutton makes some flash plays with his quickness and athleticism but is relatively easy to neutralize once blockers get their hands on him. Very much a one-dimensional player. Struggling against Wisconsin and Stanford, which have the type of big, physical offensive lines that he will see at the next level, does not bode well for Sutton. I do think he's a Day 2 type of talent but the Geno Atkins comparisons are way off base in my opinion.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:16 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
As I've maintain all along Sutton makes some flash plays with his quickness and athleticism but is relatively easy to neutralize once blockers get their hands on him. Very much a one-dimensional player. Struggling against Wisconsin and Stanford, which have the type of big, physical offensive lines that he will see at the next level, does not bode well for Sutton. I do think he's a Day 2 type of talent but the Geno Atkins comparisons are way off base in my opinion.
Mike Daniels is the type of player and impact I can see him making in the NFL.

Old 10-01-2013, 05:10 AM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much I find Anthony Barr' physical tools to be utterly jaw dropping, he is eerily similar to Aaron Maybin. He's actually not the pass rusher Maybin was when it comes to experience and consistency. But Barr is such a fineness player who has terrible football IQ and no technique whatsoever that it's becoming increasingly more and more difficult for me to see him developing into a great player. He is all potential.

I was really hoping to see how much he improved since last year. Based on what I've seen this year, I think he's regressed. He may end up falling down draft boards because of his senior tape, but at the same time he might run in the 4.4s at he combine and maintain his current draft projection.

Last year I thought he was a franchise outside linebacker prospect. Now he looks like a third round project - because of his physical tools and immense potential - who won't develop until the final year or two of his rookie contract... IF he develops. He's just way too weak at the point of attack, doesn't play with any discipline, can't disengage from blockers, can't beat an offensive tackle with anything other the running the arch, plays with no leverage... Just way too raw in too many areas of great importance for the next level. If he goes in the Top 10 I would be shocked if he doesn't bust.

Barr has been a huge disappointment for me. I thought he looked like a guy that could challenge Clowney as the best defensive prospect in this years draft. He hasn't improved at all, and that's no longer a possibility of happening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Last edited by BigBanger : 10-01-2013 at 05:17 AM.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:27 AM    (permalink
Blawbert
Rookie

Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boyd the quarters from Clemson lacks the qualities of a true quarterback, in the vince young fashion.
Blawbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I won't beat a dead-horse and say Arizona St. DT Will Sutton but I think he is overrated.

One candidate would be De'Anthony Thomas if he comes off the board in Round 1. I think Marcus Mariota's bust potential is pretty high as well. I guess Ducks fans aren't going to like me.

Miami (FL) OT Seantrel Henderson is the textbook definition of Boom or Bust.
Mariota is a good looking prospect with a nice combination of size and speed. He runs well but not sure how much that translates to the next level. His passing percentage is down a little but i think that has more to do with new coach and them just trying to do too much.

I'd prefer he stayed another year and really improve on his arm strength and experiance. Bust potential i'd say is small but not sure stardom is guaranteed either.