Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-19-2013, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HEY GET OUT OF THE ANDROID THREAD YOU JERKS!

Although I do like the Knicks talk from GF.
Old 09-26-2013, 06:55 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think of the samsung smart watch?

It looks nifty, but the function of it is kind of useless for the price. I honestly think people will buy them more for the novelty of it (hey look at me) than the function.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's no function to it, that's the problem. It has to be connected to your bluetooth on your phone for it to have any function.

Why not just like...use your phone then?

It has potential, but the execution needs to be better. The thing that's going to annoy me is how it's going to become something that is more "cool" than functional.

Meaning you'll see all the people you hate on instagram, twitter and facebook get it and take pictures of themselves with it and show off that they have it when they have no idea why they bought it other than to have it and show off that they have it.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

And as a style piece, I much rather have a traditional classic watch that is timeless.

In terms of function, I can see a use for runners who want to use some running applications, there's a use there.

I can see it being useful in meetings when you receive a text or email you can see it quickly on your watch instead of sneaking a peak of your phone out of your pocket. But is that worth 200 bucks?

I'm struggling to come up with reasons why it would be functional and worth the money.

They have smartphones available that are a fraction of the cost that pretty much do the same thing anyway. Sony made smart watches awhile ago.

Which is also why the whole "the next great thing is here" advertising that they're doing to claim that they innovated with the watch is somewhat comical. People don't realize it but Samsung is becoming Apple right before our eyes.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

The funny thing is Apple will come out with a similarly useless watch and all the apple fans will be like omg so awesome!

AND IT SO WILL BE! <3
Old 09-26-2013, 07:35 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I am excited about the folding screen technology that Samsung has come up with.

That will open a lot of doors in the future. The phone/tablet line will be further blurred.

We're 10 years away from no longer being a paper based society. I'm going to miss it in some ways.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:35 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't even wear a watch so I don't care. Having another item to charge every night isn't worth it.

side note, I'm all in for a Note 3 now. Oct 10th is the verizon release day so i need to scrape some coin together. They are saying they are making an Active version with the water proofing and stuff so i might wait to see how that pans out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Last edited by niel89 : 09-26-2013 at 10:19 PM.
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:57 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I don't blame Samsung for trying something new. We need some innovation. Outside of phones and tablets, the tech industry is getting stale. We need a new gadget to play with.

There's potential there, I'm curious to see where they take it moving forward.
Old 09-28-2013, 01:44 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My bro got the samsung mega to say the least its difficult not to laugh when it gets busted out, taking a phone call looks ridiculous
Old 10-01-2013, 02:26 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just had a strange issue with my droid maxx...the screen would stay on all the time unless I put it to sleep (I have it set up to go to sleep by itself). I have been having the issues for a few days. I just installed advanced task killer and killed all the apps on my phone and it worked. weird.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My Nexus 7 is stuck in an endless loop of restarting itself. Anyway to fix this? I can't do anything with it, haha. Trying to drain the battery out but that will probably take a while
Old 10-01-2013, 03:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
My Nexus 7 is stuck in an endless loop of restarting itself. Anyway to fix this? I can't do anything with it, haha. Trying to drain the battery out but that will probably take a while
I thought android was so reliable though? What gives fanboy?
Old 10-01-2013, 04:03 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Have you tried the hard reset? Long-press power button and volume button down, I think.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:36 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After reading more on the Nexus 5 and the leaked specs I am even more so sold on the Note 3.

I am really underwhelmed with what they are throwing out there... two phones in a row actually.

Step up your game Google.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
After reading more on the Nexus 5 and the leaked specs I am even more so sold on the Note 3.

I am really underwhelmed with what they are throwing out there... two phones in a row actually.

What more do you expect for a phone that's $300 off contract?
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
I thought android was so reliable though? What gives fanboy?
I mean...the same exact thing happened with my iPod touch a couple years ago. IT JUST WERKS.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:14 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'm all in with the Note 3. I'm just waiting for information about the Active version like with the S4.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 10-01-2013, 06:13 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
What more do you expect for a phone that's $300 off contract?
I would just like to get a phone that is not equal to phones already out. At some point it would be nice to not have a phone that is going to be behind the times in 6 months and pretty antiquated after two years.

As for the Nexus 4... It didn't have 4g and that is just a giant no no. Especially considering its predecessor had it.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:16 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Verizon is ass raping me and it's really pissing me off.

I'm giving TMobile serious consideration. And if I go TMobile there's just no way I'm getting an iPhone bc I'm not paying 800 bucks for a phone.

So I was thinking of getting a Nexus 4 and getting it activated. For the price it's an incredible phone.

The only Androids that are good are the Nexus line. The rest are dog ****.

I'm first gonna call Verizon up and tell them they better give me a deal or else I take myself and my family off their network. I've been a verizon customer for 14 years, they better give me something.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:47 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

My verizon is expensive too but I can't give up my unlimited. I use way too much data and I love being able to not be worried about finding wifi. Hell I even play Call of Duty on it when I'm at my parents place in the country.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 10-01-2013, 08:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

That's my problem. I lost my unlimited and now I go over my data limit every other month. Which is killing me.

Tmobile is unlimited everything. I need unlimited data back in my life.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:30 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

Tmobile is unimited but throttled after a certain point.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 10-01-2013, 08:31 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you can, go to sprint. They don't throttle you after 5GB of data like tmobile does. I will never leave verizon since they pretty much dominate the market in South Dakota. There is sprint, but it's not really sprint that you are buying service from, it is swiftel and they are ******* garbage.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:39 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

My gf has tmobile unlimited and she uses it constantly to stream movies so I'd imagine she's using over 5 gigs a month and she seems to never have a problem with it.

She has unlimited everything. I have 450 minutes, 2 gigs of data, and unlimited texts and I pay 95 a month.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:41 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I love my verizon service, it's second to none, but I'm just hurting with the data limit.

Data is killing me. I have wifi at home so I'm fine there, but I commute 3 hours a day so if I stream radio it adds up, and I have mostly a desk job and I don't want to use company wifi so when I'm using my phone at my desk I eat up data too.

I never exceed 3 gigs a month but the tiers are 2 gigs, then 5 gigs. And 5 gigs is an extra 30 bucks a month.