Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-01-2013, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You misspelled the Rams 2.0 for the Browns with Hoyer being Warner.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:26 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love how the Broncos "haven't played anybody yet" card while the same people are riding the Chiefs nuts.

Broncos have destroyed their opponents, double digit wins each week. Their offense has been near unstoppable. 3 total punts the past 2 games, 2 lost fumbles and that is it. They had 3 long TD drives in the 3rd quarter without needing a 3rd down conversion. That is just ridiculously good, I don't think people are realizing this. The second half, Peyton knows exactly how to exploit the weaknesses and its game over.

The defense will only get better, the running game is improving now. Plus, nearly everybody was saying how they would be lost in these first 6 games without Von Miller, and now they just might be 6-0 when he comes back.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:52 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
I love how the Broncos "haven't played anybody yet" card while the same people are riding the Chiefs nuts.

Broncos have destroyed their opponents, double digit wins each week. Their offense has been near unstoppable. 3 total punts the past 2 games, 2 lost fumbles and that is it. They had 3 long TD drives in the 3rd quarter without needing a 3rd down conversion. That is just ridiculously good, I don't think people are realizing this. The second half, Peyton knows exactly how to exploit the weaknesses and its game over.

The defense will only get better, the running game is improving now. Plus, nearly everybody was saying how they would be lost in these first 6 games without Von Miller, and now they just might be 6-0 when he comes back.
*yawn...* And yet they haven't faced anybody yet.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:12 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
Both played New York and Philadelphia. Kansas City played Jacksonville and Dallas. Denver played Baltimore and Oakland. Neither has played a really tough schedule but Denver has looked way more impressive against a slightly harder road. Anyone saying that is just wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:18 AM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Alex Smith doesn't have to be Peyton or Brees in this offense. He's doing exactly what he has been asked to do.. and this is coming from someone who isn't really a fan of his.
Alex Smith can't be Peyton or Brees so that's needless to stay. But when you have two QBs playing on offenses this loaded, Alex Smith has to be flawless, and a player maker. My point wasn't about KC having a good regular season record. They quite obviously on their way to double digit wins, and a first round exit in the playoffs; with one and done being best case scenario.

I don't foresee another non elite QB winning the Super Bowl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy Picks View Post
But to put the Saints 2 and the Chiefs 5 based on 4 games is ridiculous to me. Am I the only one who still has major reservations about these teams? Sorry, but Im not ready to buy into the Saints' defense. This is the same group that set the record for yards allowed last year, and I expect them to struggle when they play against some better offenses. I really like Vaccaro, Gallete and Cameron Jordan, but overall there is a serious lack of talent on this unit. Its very hard for me to see this group coming up with meaningful stops in the playoffs. And no one is really talking about it, but the pass protection has been poor, and the run game has been nonexistent, and I dont think this Saints' offense is as unstoppable as people think....As for the Chiefs, I really do think their D is legit, but Im still not buying the offense. Jamaal Charles is great, but they are way too reliant on him, and when this team is playing against a good defense and needs to put together a drive, I really dont think Alex Smith is gonna be able to make it happen throwing to Donnie Avery and Dwayne Bowe.
Just to be clear, I ranked ONLY the unbeaten teams. And I think the Saints are the second best team in the NFL right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
Phillip Rivers always gets people exited until one of his patented 5 INT games. It's coming soon. Jay Cutler does that too, and he threw 3 picks on Sunday. Rivers and Cutler are pretty much the same guy.
Ok flaming dragon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
I have issue with your Talib and Haden comment. Alterraun Verner is playing at every bit if their level.. 4ints, 2 fumble recoveries, lockdown coverage, and one of the best tackling CBs in the NFL says hello.
I haven't seen a Titans game yet, so I can't comment.

Original Post Edit: I also added comments at the bottom regarding the NFC East and last years conference champions. A few more teams added to the mix.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Last edited by BigBanger : 10-02-2013 at 02:39 AM.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:45 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The NFCE really has bottomed out. Dallas is the only decent team in the division and I still have doubts about them. If they don't run away with the division it will be just awful. Philly, Wash and NYG all lack a defense. I think we might see another 8-8 or lower playoff team.

Baltimore is sucking right now on offense real bad. The offensive pass catchers just keep getting injured. Even our scrubs are hurt. Marlon Brown has been a nice surprise since being forced into action. Good size and talent if he stays healthy. Getting Jacoby Jones back will be huge just as a #2/3 WR. The OL/run game need to get it sorted out. There honetly has been nothing working for the RBs. It might be a scheme thing because this OL shouldn't be as bad as it is playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really think the defense we have is legit. Losing Vilma and Smith was really a blessing, because they never would have fit into this 3-4 scheme, and they've been here so long, that they definitely would have been given roles. Our front is playing well. Cameron Jordan had a seamless transition back to the 3-4, and he's been awesome. Akiem Hicks is really growing into a good player, and John Jenkins is even contributing as a rookie.

Gallette/Haralson/Wilson are growing up as rushers, but we still need work there for sure. Lofton and Hawthorne works well in the middle.

As for the secondary, we're banged up, but I'm comfortable with Jabari Greer and Keenan Lewis. Vaccaro looks like he's going to be really good.

The offensive line is definitely a concern, especially since we're collapsing in the middle, which is where our strength usually is. Jahri Evans back injury is a big part of that. Will be interesting to see if they ever try to get Armstead's athleticism on the field.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Rivers has never thrown 5 INTS in a game. And he's only thrown more than two INTS twice in his career. Wouldn't say it's a trademark.
Not at all but its an easy storyline for fans who don't watch a lot of Charger football to get ahold of, I totally get it. The entire Rivers resurrection storyline is getting a little out of control IMO. I admit clear bias but I haven't missed a game of his career and can tell you that a horrendous sieve of an O-line and a scheme that relied on 7 step drops all day long were a big part of the last couple seasons. Even then those teams overachieved on the strength of his play.

This is still a guy who is top 6 all time in career QBR with a host of other fun stats.

Last edited by CC.SD : 10-02-2013 at 01:22 PM.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The [Ravens] OL/run game need to get it sorted out. There honetly has been nothing working for the RBs. It might be a scheme thing because this OL shouldn't be as bad as it is playing.
The problem might be that Juan Castillo is calling the running plays, and Jim Caldwell the passing plays. They won the title last year with just Caldwell as the offensive coordinator. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. This is a case of a head coach shoehorning one of his cronies (as they were on the Eagles staff together) into a position.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought that it was common knowledge that Rivers struggles had so much to do with the talent level and team around him all but collapsing. I never knew people really thought Rivers was just in some sort of early decline.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:08 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jimmy Graham isn't really a tight end anymore; he's basically a wide receiver. Forget him being the best tight end, where does he rank among wide receivers?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:11 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBanger View Post
Jimmy Graham is now, clearly the best TE in the NFL - maybe ahead of Jordan Cameron of all people.
The best TE in the league will be back in 2 weeks, and he will make a mockery out of this statement, against the Saints of all teams.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
The best TE in the league will be back in 2 weeks, and he will make a mockery out of this statement, against the Saints of all teams.
Over the long haul... I am taking Graham over Gronk.

I love Gronk and he is more complete than Graham, but Gronk is just so much more injury prone.

Then again it depends on scheme, Graham is also a much better fit in a wide open offense like the Saints' (a scheme I personally prefer). While Gronk is way better with what he does for the Pats.

Again, my preferences make me want Graham.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Gronkowski is a stronger blocker, has better hands (which says more about him than it does Graham... he might seriously have the most sure hands in the league), and he's a more powerful tackle breaker after the catch.

I think Jimmy is better lined up wide and deep down the field. More athletic going up for the ball, ETC.

Gronk is better overall IMO, but lets see if Jimmy keeps this hot streak up. He's looking like the most dangerous receiving threat we've seen at the position.

Honestly, I'd take healthy Gronk or Graham over any skill position players aside from Peterson or Megatron I think...
Old 10-02-2013, 04:40 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
Over the long haul... I am taking Graham over Gronk.

I love Gronk and he is more complete than Graham, but Gronk is just so much more injury prone.

Then again it depends on scheme, Graham is also a much better fit in a wide open offense like the Saints' (a scheme I personally prefer). While Gronk is way better with what he does for the Pats.

Again, my preferences make me want Graham.
Oh I love Graham too, and the injury thing is valid. I actually picked him over Gronk for my Dynasty league team years ago in a move that is still paying dividends for my team.

I just like to keep the man with the 140 QB rating when thrown to, 39 TDs in 43 career games, a 10+ YPA when thrown to, the consistently highest rated blocker, and the man who made the highlight below in the conversation whenever possible.

Last edited by cmarq83 : 10-02-2013 at 04:42 PM.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
I thought that it was common knowledge that Rivers struggles had so much to do with the talent level and team around him all but collapsing. I never knew people really thought Rivers was just in some sort of early decline.
this was obviously true, but Rivers got into a funk himself. He was making some really bad mistakes. Its not shocking to see him breaking out of his funk, but I am surprised he is having this much success with a patchwork OL and a receiving core that has been ravaged by injuries.
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:20 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy Picks View Post
this was obviously true, but Rivers got into a funk himself. He was making some really bad mistakes. Its not shocking to see him breaking out of his funk, but I am surprised he is having this much success with a patchwork OL and a receiving core that has been ravaged by injuries.
The o-line is holding up well but McCoy's offense is also finally taking advantage of Rivers' ultra quick release. I think the union tribune clocked all the passing plays and found the extreme majority of balls are coming out in 2.15 seconds or less after the snap, which is crazy, but well suited to the personnel despite the wideout crew not having a lot of name recognition (beyond a HoF TE that is).
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:56 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Usually, the SB winner is the solid team that has the fewest serious injuries to key players and if they did suffer some serious injuries, they are healthy by playoff time.
Injuries often play a crucial part in who gets to the SB and wins it..
Old 10-07-2013, 11:23 AM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

The Super Bowl is usually won by the team with a top-10 offense that also happens to have the best defense out of all of those teams with a top-10 offense.
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:37 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
The Super Bowl is usually won by the team with a top-10 offense that also happens to have the best defense out of all of those teams with a top-10 offense.
Define usually..

2012: Ravens 16th in offense NOPE
2011: Giants 8th in offense. Of top-10 offenses, ranked 6th in defense NOPE
2010: Packers 9th in offense. Of top-10 offenses, ranked 3rd in defense NOPE
2009: Saints 1st in offense. Of top-10 offenses, ranked 10th in defense NOPE
2008: Steelers 22nd in offense NOPE
2007: Giants 16th in offense NOPE
2006: Colts 3rd in offense. Of the top-10 offenses, ranked 8th in defense NOPE
2005: Steelers 15th in offense NOPE
2004: Patriots 7th in offense. Of the top-10 offenses, ranked 2nd in defense NOPE
2003: Patriots 17th in offense NOPE
2002: Buccaneers 2th in offense NOPE

So if you define usually as "not once in the last 11 seasons" then yes, your claim would be correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:05 PM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Define usually..

2012: Ravens 16th in offense NOPE
2011: Giants 8th in offense. Of top-10 offenses, ranked 6th in defense NOPE
2010: Packers 9th in offense. Of top-10 offenses, ranked 3rd in defense NOPE
2009: Saints 1st in offense. Of top-10 offenses, ranked 10th in defense NOPE
2008: Steelers 22nd in offense NOPE
2007: Giants 16th in offense NOPE
2006: Colts 3rd in offense. Of the top-10 offenses, ranked 8th in defense NOPE
2005: Steelers 15th in offense NOPE
2004: Patriots 7th in offense. Of the top-10 offenses, ranked 2nd in defense NOPE
2003: Patriots 17th in offense NOPE
2002: Buccaneers 2th in offense NOPE

So if you define usually as "not once in the last 11 seasons" then yes, your claim would be correct.
If you use raw yardage to guage defense and offense you are totally off-base.

I would rather use PPG, ANYPA, or even better, Footballoutsiders.com DVOA stats. And in particular, give more weight to pass defense than anything else. For example, the 2009 Saints were a top-5 pass defense based on ANYPA and DVOA stats... that year they were the best pass defense of all of the top-10 offensive teams.

The most important thing in the NFL is pass offense and pass defense, so basically the Super Bowl team is one of the top-10 passing offenses (based on ANYPA / DVOA stats) that happens to have the one of the best passing defenses *of those top-10 passing offenses*.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn, JR killin him.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Damn, JR killin him.
Did you actually read my last post?
Old 10-07-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Damn, JR killin him.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JR with the Fatality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote