Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-28-2013, 01:27 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Logitech is amazing. I don't know anything about their controllers (who cares about them?) but their mice are superb.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:12 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
Probably because Logitech is crap anyway.
Wait, what? They make awesome stuff. Their keyboards are great too.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:12 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone heard of War of the Vikings? Any good?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So....BF4 is amazing. Not unexpected. It feels like they took BF2, combined it with BF Bad Company 2, and then updated it with amazing physics/destruction.

Bringing down that massive tower is SO fun. All the snipers dying when it comes down is amazing.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:39 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just made Nova II on CS:GO. Pretty happy about that. Initial rankings were Elite.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:42 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's improved with GO? Is hit detection better?
Old 10-02-2013, 12:44 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
What's improved with GO? Is hit detection better?
I seem to have better hit detection than past versions. Better graphics. Rankings that include competitive matches that seem to get most of the losers out.

I pretty much only play competitive matches. You end up with a team that tries hard most of the time.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:37 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Anyone heard of War of the Vikings? Any good?
It is a reskin of War of Roses. I played the Alpha...it was identical.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:31 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is kind of sad. I've come to terms with the fact that the Elder Scrolls just isn't for me(with the notable exception of Morrowind)....but this is sad.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:04 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

pretty good humble bundle on the weekly. For a buck you can get Cities XL platinum, Blood bowl legendary edition, Divinity 2, Game of Thrones RPG, R.A.W. and Confrontation
Old 10-11-2013, 10:07 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
pretty good humble bundle on the weekly. For a buck you can get Cities XL platinum, Blood bowl legendary edition, Divinity 2, Game of Thrones RPG, R.A.W. and Confrontation
****, I already have those. Great deal, though. I was playing Blood Bowl the other day.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
****, I already have those. Great deal, though. I was playing Blood Bowl the other day.
that it is. I bought it simply for blood bowl which is a solid game
Old 10-11-2013, 03:49 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BF4 was the exact same on the 360 at least. graphics wise it didn't improve looked the same.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Graphics = Good Game

Fact

Old 10-11-2013, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Graphics = Good Game

Fact

That seems to be what every developer thinks.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

BF4 is amazing. They completely went back to some of the amazing features of BF2 and BFBC2, in addition to huge features, such as increased destructibility and such.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:06 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Figured high(ish) level hardware discussion still belongs in this thread.

Nvidia had an event today. Announced the 780 TI, which is very similar to their Quadro line in terms of hardware specs. Seems like a reaction to some of the benchmarks that came out placing the new AMD high end cars beating the 780 and even the Titan in some cases. It'll be interesting to see just where this falls on the performance spectrum considering the 780 was effectively a Titan.

Nvidia also announced a slew of exclusive features they're dubbing Gameworks.

...but far and away the coolest thing that they announced today is G-Sync. It's essentially an attempt to eliminate screen tearing and the perceivable effect of frame drops. It's a hardware based solution for monitors that interface with cards(GTX 660 or higher) that allows the card to dynamically control the refresh rate of the monitor. The monitor needs a specific piece of Nvidia hardware in it in order to function, but it supposedly makes a massive difference in terms of overall smoothness. I can't see it having a high adoption rate at first with monitor requirement, but it's something I want to see for myself for sure. Carmack, Tim Sweeney(of Epic fame), and Johan Andersson(of DICE), all Archwizards of computer graphics, seem to be super pumped about this. They're calling it one of the biggest leaps forward in display technologies for gaming ever.

They're selling a DIY add board if you're brave enough to open up your monitor. I can't say that I've ever had cause to open up a monitor...but I do have a spare laying around. Depending on the price of the kit and the documentation available for it, it may be a fun thing to **** around with on a weekend.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 10-18-2013 at 02:19 PM.
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:13 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I always wondered why nvidia didn't invest more in monitor technology.

And I really don't think they're worried about AMD at all. AMD overclocks the crap out of their cards, and the cards run hot constantly. Same thing with AMD processors. Nvidia cards run cool and very stable, same with Intel's chips.

AMD spews out raw numbers that seem impressive on paper, but never quite materialize practically.

If you're choosing between GPUs, another thing to consider is that Unreal 4 has been optimized for the Kepler chip series. A 780 (TI) is probably going to give you the best results for games with using that engine that will start popping up in 2014.

Last edited by nepg : 10-18-2013 at 02:16 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:38 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Anyone used play-SC.com for game keys?

They have a sweet deal on Civ V Gods and Kings expansion for $10, but I want to make sure it's worth it.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:04 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Anyone used play-SC.com for game keys?

They have a sweet deal on Civ V Gods and Kings expansion for $10, but I want to make sure it's worth it.
I'd avoid it.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Play_SC

Bunch of scam reports and that they give out already used game codes.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Rumors are beginning to circulate that DayZ Standalone could be released within the next week or so due to some happenings on Steam that indicate a likely release in the future. Plus Hall said a couple weeks ago they were on the final lap.

PLEASE BE AWESOME AND LET THIS HAPPEN!
Old 10-24-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pfft, Day Z. Didn't you hear? Infestation (War Z) is FREE TO PLAY!

Man that game is still hilariously bad. I lanned with a friend last week and he had it installed. I watched him play for a short time, he was just boxing with zombies.

If anyone is a Star Trek fan, you must get some friends together to play Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator. Alcohol recommended. It's a fun game to get together and play with friends.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 10-24-2013 at 01:18 PM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Rumors are beginning to circulate that DayZ Standalone could be released within the next week or so due to some happenings on Steam that indicate a likely release in the future. Plus Hall said a couple weeks ago they were on the final lap.

PLEASE BE AWESOME AND LET THIS HAPPEN!
He's playing it super tight to his chest which is frustrating given he went from WAAAAY to open with details, to moderated, back to super open, and now to reserved and not saying a word.

He needs a publicist in the worst way :P Oh and a theory being tossed around is November 5th will be the surprise release date due to the Guy Fawkes mask on the last character customization video. Remember, remember, the fifth of November.

That being said I'm excited. Need to hop on and play some DayZero and get used to the map again :/

Another game in development that looks like a ton of fun (for me at least): Banished. Medieval city-builder developed by a single guy. Pretty sweet looking stuff.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/242920/

Been following his site for a while and he just put it up on Steam with him saying he's "on track" for his stated deadline of the end of the year. He wants the release to be bug free and has finished coding all features and is simply bug fixing now. Said he wants the game to be a survival based city builder. Expect to starve, freeze, and die of disease many times over.

Last edited by Trogdor : 10-24-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Moar DayZ!

https://twitter.com/Hicks_206/status...146560/photo/1

Quote:
Excellent day, great progress made, high morale after our multiplayer internal test.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Day Z standalone plsssssss

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote